Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2017, 21:33   #61
BANNED

Re: SUV to premium sedan for touring purposes : A pipe dream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
But if it becomes little difficult, my advise will be to go for a car with low mileage and something which has an extended warranty or you have an option to buy extended warranty.
There seems to be some confusion here Sir. I am looking for a sedan for extremely high usage (by common standards) of around 20k km/yr and more importantly, over all sorts of roads/trails where normal sedans and hatchbacks go.

Now, based on my research, a low mileage (15-20k km) 2-3yr old pre owned F30 (diesel) seems to be a good choice to me. What is your opinion?
Old 28th August 2017, 10:03   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
a low mileage (15-20k km) 2-3yr old pre owned F30 (diesel) seems to be a good choice to me.
Yes, this should work best for you. Find better-specced models, after depreciation most of these are in the same ballpark. And highest depreciation is within 1-2 year only. So if you can find a low mileage car, go-ahead and for peace, buy an extended warranty if not there already.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 20:00   #63
BANNED

The battle between the head and the head (that's different no) gets tougher and tougher, here's why: -

Have been driving premium SUVs a.k.a Germans and entry to premium sports sedans for quite some distances over the past few weeks now, thanks to friends and contacts and here are a few observations that I made:
  1. 1. There is NO way an SUV can come close to sedan in ride comfort or handling, if driven properly.
    2. While SUVs give you a certain "reckless" confidence, sedans boost your driving skills, of course over good to acceptable roads.
    3. Amongst SUVs, I do not see any point in splurging money over a German brand vis-a-vis a Japanese brand. I'd rather buy a Japanese SUV which gives me real off-road ability AND peace of mind than a German pretender.
    4. Amongst sedans, there is simply NO beating the Germans, they are, what they are known for, luxurious, enjoyable, motoring. Of course it depends on the variant you choose from the brand you choose.
    5. I truly wish I could have bought a spanking new 330i today, nah, yesterday. That car is a rocket and is as practical as it gets. Have had the fortune of driving the new 5 as well, but didnt connect with it as well as the 330i. This includes the both the 4 cylinder petrol and diesel variants. I'm sure the V6 is in a different ball game.
    6. Audi and Mercedes, in their multiple variants, did not give me the involvement the Bimmers did, and in spite of their better interiors, ostensibly better service feedback and prolly better status, do not appeal to me.

I had purchased an ageing Scorpio over an apparently newer Safari years ago, that says it all.
    7. Lastly, the X3/5, GLC/E and the Q5/7 truly didn't appeal to the SUV enthusiast in me while the F30, especially the 330i blew me to bits.

Why do we love cars this much, it truly isnt worth it.
n.devdath is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 08:37   #64
BHPian

Devdath, what car did you finally go for?
If i were you, i'd probably go for an AT jetta AND an MT isuzu dmax in todays market.
Or maybe just the new AT dmax.

Last edited by ronk : 7th September 2020 at 08:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks