Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2019, 16:22   #16
BHPian

Re: Which car for the better half?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
I would suggest you to go for All New Figo Aspire 1.5 Automatic.

All New Figo 1.5 Automatic is on the way with almost everything as Aspire sans boot and with dark interiors.
Figo can be considered but not the aspire. It is quite hit in cabby segment and I don't prefer such cars. I am planning to gift it to my wife on our anniversary in first week of March. This will be the primary occasion for delivery, secondary can be her birthday in April.

But do you believe it is easy to move GT TSI out of contention in front of Figo or Aspire.

I will list out few features which are worth considering for both of us:

- fuel efficient DSG gearbox, SA claimed owners are getting 17-18 kmpl
- solid build German quality
- Hill hold assist for easy exit from mall parkings
- compact size, easy to manoeuvre in city
- missing reverse camera can be fitted at dealership level itself
- the doors are solid and the SA demonstrated in front of us by literally standing on them
- 7 year warranty is more than enough to tackle the notorious German reliability issues

I know it misses out on plenty of fancy stuff but we are fine as we are getting most of the features we wished for. BTW she dislikes few features or simply doesn't care about them like keyless entry, push button start/stop, sunroof etc. and the features which she would have preferred like front parking sensor and power adjustable seat are anyways not present in any car of this segment.
roby_dk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 17:06   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
I am planning to gift it to my wife on our anniversary in first week of March. This will be the primary occasion for delivery, secondary can be her birthday in April.

But do you believe it is easy to move GT TSI out of contention in front of Figo or Aspire.
Between Figo and GT-TSI I would go for the latter. Surprise is it!! After well over 3 decades of marital life I can tell you ladies like surprises but they don't like getting 'surprised' by the surprise. Maybe you want her to see and try out the cars you are about to pounce her with.
V.Narayan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 17:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

But do you believe it is easy to move GT TSI out of contention in front of Figo or Aspire. adjustable seat are anyways not present in any car of this segment.
The preference was based on reliability. No doubt "D" of GT TSI is as smooth as butter. But using the car primary in the city (stop-go traffic) will add more wear and heat to the transmission.

Whereas Figo/Aspire 1.5 Dragon is a very capable engine and added with TC it's going to last long and cheap to maintain. For fun element I will still suggest Figo twins over GT TSI. Those 195 tyres offers excellent grip too.

But if you really want to put that WOW factor to your Anniversary, nothing can beat Creta Automatic as GTO mentioned. Wife will be in instant love.

Cheers!
myavu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 17:33   #19
BHPian

In my case it was actually me who wanted a beater car which is easy to manuevour in city with smallest turning radius. I did all all research and bought my favorite car and then told my queen that it's her birthday gift. As she is fond of driving and she was amazed and flattered. And I got a beater car. Now my wife goes to office in XUV and I drive Santro. Now again I am out in market and thinking of replacing Santro with Abarth or Polo GT TSI. It would be bought again as her birthday gift. Again we both will be happy.

Above statement is nowhere related to your intention.

My wife tried all cars from Zoomcar stable and we both like Creta very much among all available options. Creta 1.6 CRDi which was showing 65K on odo, still had feather light clutch and super smooth and silent. Since then my wife became fan of Creta.

This is my personal experience.
dicor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 17:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
But if you really want to put that WOW factor to your Anniversary, nothing can beat Creta Automatic as GTO mentioned. Wife will be in instant love.
Creta doesn't semms to be a good choice as a beater car. The whole purpose for a new car is she want a personal ride which should be always available for her. Creta will be low on fuel efficiency department and it will be costly by good 5L which is too much to spend on a beater car. Polo GT TSI seems to be best of both worlds it is more efficient and better to drive. I am pretty sure in driving department Creta can't beat Polo TSI. The only negative is reliability which anyways will be taken care by 7 year warranty. She will be turning 30 this year and we are fine to take the risk now than at later stages, we already took one when bought Endeavour over Fortuner. Worst case can be selling it before 5 years if it troubles a lot.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 19:10   #21
BHPian

Quote:
17-18kmpl on Polo! Unbelievable. Thats just SA trying to make his sale and has overshot the numbers by 50%. And that 7 years warranty comes with a pretty large T&C page written in small font. Keep in mind also that this model is nearly 10 years old now internationally.

In my opinion Ecosport makes the most sense. Good AT, good engine, same size as Polo, even though it may not seem like it, has the features to back it up too.

Another option, which is significantly cheaper is Aspire AT, same engine gearbox as Ecosport, in sedan avatar, again in 4 meters length.

Finally, as many have suggested, Creta as a gift is pretty much the top choice. I front of Endeavor it is significantly small enough, and is the darling of the segment. The only car which might be able to match the gift value would be Honda City.

Last edited by autorahul : 2nd February 2019 at 19:31.
autorahul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 20:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

I feel he/she could get bored with another Ford in the garage. And the front visibility on the Ecosport is nothing much to write about, if considering it as a beater car.

Volkswagen is definitely a change from Ford, especially on the build quality front. And the TSI being a hoot to drive, will satiate the senses even if 17-18 kmpl is far fetched.

As you said, take risk while you can and enjoy.
thoma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 20:42   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
17-18kmpl on Polo! Unbelievable. Thats just SA trying to make his sale and has overshot the numbers by 50%.
The polo Tsi will easily give 16-17kmpl on the highway. I get 15 on my Vento TSI on good highways that too in Sports mode and in the 100-110 range. The polo should do better. Of course in bumper to bumper traffic it drops down terribly to single digits.

Personally feel the TSI makes perfect sense as a gift. Apart from the reasons the OP has mentioned, it is a slightly exclusive car. You don't have thousands of them running around unlike the Creta or even the Ecosport.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 21:09   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Polo GT TSI seems to be best of both worlds it is more efficient and better to drive. I am pretty sure in driving department Creta can't beat Polo TSI.
Seems like both you and your better half are hooked up for Polo TSI.
Make that deal sweeter by trying to get a 2018 manufacturered vehicle since they are giving it off at a mouth watering 1.21 lakh discount plus other benefits. Pitch in harder and you will get yourself a fantastic deal!
I know a sales guy in Volkswagen Rajdhani, Wazirpur which may help you too!
Sharing the link of Cartoq below:

https://www.cartoq.com/maruti-s-cros...city-discount/

Cheers!
DPetrolHead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 22:00   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPetrolHead View Post
Pitch in harder and you will get yourself a fantastic deal!
I know a sales guy in Volkswagen Rajdhani, Wazirpur which may help you too!
Thanks a lot DPetrolHead. Can you please patch me in with the guy. I can book the car tomorrow itself. 1.2L discount is a mouthwatering deal. Sent a PM to you.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 12:17   #26
BHPian

Quote:
All New Figo 1.5 Automatic is on the way with almost everything as Aspire sans boot and with dark interiors.
any clue when's the launch?
Old 4th February 2019, 17:38   #27
BHPian

Thanks a lot bhpian DPetrolHead for pitching in and getting me a nice deal on Polo GT TSI from Volkswagen Rajdhani, Delhi. Got 50k discount and reverse parking camera as a goodwill gesture. It is exactly 10.50L on road Delhi registration +5k for centre armrest. The model will be MY19 not 18, opted for the signature red shade. Expected delivery to be in end of Feb as requested by me otherwise can be delivered within 7-10 days max.

Thanks all for replying. Will post about test drive experience of other cars later.
roby_dk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 17:45   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot bhpian DPetrolHead for pitching in and getting me a nice deal on Polo GT TSI from Volkswagen Rajdhani, Delhi. Got 50k discount and reverse parking camera as a goodwill gesture.
Congratulations! That's a good deal for a MY19 car.

Quote:
It is exactly 10.50L on road Delhi registration +5k for centre armrest.
A very good decision to the get the armrest. It's a must in AT cars.
the_skyliner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 18:07   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Congratulations! That's a good deal for a MY19 car.
Thanks a lot, yes a good deal indeed. I checked with Volkswagen Gurgaon and Volkswagen Capital Mathura Road both said zero discount on GT TSI variant specially for the new MY19 model. VW Gurgaon had one MY18 red TSI but giving only 30k discount which I didn't felt worth at all.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 18:44   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot bhpian DPetrolHead for pitching in and getting me a nice deal on Polo GT TSI from Volkswagen Rajdhani, Delhi. Got 50k discount and reverse parking camera as a goodwill gesture. It is exactly 10.50L on road Delhi registration +5k for centre armrest. The model will be MY19 not 18, opted for the signature red shade. Expected delivery to be in end of Feb as requested by me otherwise can be delivered within 7-10 days max.

Thanks all for replying. Will post about test drive experience of other cars later.
Always happy to help, especially when it is about cars!
Congratulations for your new ride and now a nice garage! Wishing you lots of happy miles

Cheers!
DPetrolHead is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks