Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2020, 21:47   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Honda Jazz or Honda Amaze - Which one do I sell off? EDIT: Jazz sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Would suggest selling off the Jazz.

Also, with the 15-year limit you Delhi-NCR BHPians have, the Amaze will be able to serve as a beater car for much longer. On the other hand, you will have to sell the Jazz in a couple of years.

Nicely organised post, with properly presented data . Typically organised V.Narayan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
No confusion from my end, Amaze is new and hardly run so keep it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Researcher View Post
Voted for selling the Jazz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Sell the Jazz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
I suggest you get rid of the Amaze. As a fellow owner of the old Jazz, I’ll say that they just don’t make cars like that anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Do you have to sell either car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Very clear - part with the Jazz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
Sell off the Amaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
I'm going to go against the popular opinion of selling the Jazz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefpk View Post
The best and the most sensible decision would be to sell the Jazz off IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Jazz is the superior car no doubt. But since it is 5 years and 66,000 kms older, it does make more sense to retain the Amaze.
Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
No brainer, let go off the Jazz...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Here's another permutation - sell both and get a newer Jazz (keeping in mind that you want "good old", but not too old)
Gentlemen first my thanks to each of you for taking the time and effort to offer me your thought through advice. Each advice has been of value in deciding the route forward.

Heart or Head? Left ventricle or the left brain.?!! I called up my regular second hand purchase motorman and asked him to come over on the weekend. And the decision is........<emoji sobbing loudly> the Jazz will go now.<emoji wailing at the top of his voice> The Amaze will stay and do beater duty.

The Jazz has given us sterling & trouble free service for 10 years and change. Three kids learnt how to drive on it with many a screeching gear change with the wrong pedal being pressed at the right time. But all good things including a Jazz ownership must come to an end.

Ideally one day I would like to buy an EV Jazz. I can forsee a day in the not too distant future where all we'll need will be one luxury barge and one Jazz style EV. My wife and I started our working lives with a second hand Lambretta reached our apogee with 4 cars and now the clutch down starts as we will go to 3 and then one day 2 cars and who knows maybe on another day just 1 car. The circle of life. Embrace it.

Sayonara bugs bunny.
V.Narayan is offline   (53) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 09:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post

The Jazz has given us sterling & trouble free service for 10 years and change. Three kids learnt how to drive on it with many a screeching gear change with the wrong pedal being pressed at the right time. But all good things including a Jazz ownership must come to an end.

My wife and I started our working lives with a second hand Lambretta reached our apogee with 4 cars and now the clutch down starts as we will go to 3 and then one day 2 cars and who knows maybe on another day just 1 car. The circle of life. Embrace it.

Sayonara bugs bunny.
With such kind of heavy hearted and emotional farewell you gave this post of yours, I'm feeling guilty of why I suggested to sell off the Jazz. I don't know but this kind of emotional attachment to a car, it's really truly great sir. Now, if I'm reverting my answer back, it's only for your attachment.

Keep both the cars!!
chiefpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 11:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen first my thanks to each of you for taking the time and effort to offer me your thought through advice. Each advice has been of value in deciding the route forward.

Sayonara bugs bunny.
Lovely post.
No matter how strong we believe we are, there are things which makes us weak and emotional at heart. For people like us Car ownership is one such thing. I have a 2014 Honda City which has run around 1,22,000 by now. Occasional niggle aside it has been a trouble free ownership all these years. We are thinking of replacing it by year end as it's a diesel and due to NGT rule it's not wise to keep a diesel too long considering the dip in resale value.

Logically and practically it's the correct thing to do. But, somehow whenever I think about it I am just not able to digest that I have to part with it. Too many great memories and even my wife loves it a lot. So, I can very well understand how you must be feeling too. It's a hard decision, but a wise decision as Amaze will be a better option to keep for the long run. I hope it finds a good home
harry10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 11:34   #19
BHPian

Sir, my opinions might vary with most of forum members but my suggestion would be to sell both of them and get a pre owned automatic car for city usage or maybe a new one with some more investment . That would be beneficial in case you have to visit crowded places within the city and if the need to self drive arises.

Lowflyer23
Lowflyer23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 13:06   #20
BHPian

Hi,

I’m of the opinion that if one car needs to be sold it has to be Jazz. As it is the older, more run and updated couple of times.

But if you are able to fetch a good value for both the cars, why not sell both of them and get a fresh car (in case you need to keep only one car), the present lot of cars have many engine and transmission options with lot of feel good and useful features.

In case you don’t want to invest in a new machine, in the present scenario. Then Jazz needs to go with a heavy heart.

Cheers.
smileline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 13:15   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Dear BHPians,

I have to take a call between selling off either our Honda Amaze or our Honda Jazz. Question for the house - which one do I sell and which one do I retain.

Would love to hear the views of TBHP members. My thanks in advance for your time and effort.
I just saw your post Mr. Narayan, i know you have taken a decision but i would have suggested selling the Amaze. The reasons are as follows:

1. no emotional attachment to the car, yes i value my cars as family members and have always regretted when i have sold someone off if i didnt completely was devoid of any attachment with them.

2. Amaze sale can take care of all the maintenance expenses that the Jazz would throw up in the new few years. As the Amaze build is not on the same par as the Jazz.

3. Its a beater, the drivers will drive it as a runabout, i think the jazz has more space than the amaze and it can be better used as a beater and a stand by errand car.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 20:02   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Just saw this thread, and I do think you have taken the right decision. A 10 year old, 70,000 km done, driver driven car cannot be in great condition despite the kind of maintenance you would have given it. Definitely not compared to a 5,000 km run 5 year old Amaze.

If the cars were closer in age or running levels, I would have picked the Jazz - I have always felt it is a much better car than the Amaze (esp if both are MT). I do hope to see an upgrade to the Amaze at some point - there is a value to an automatic, and from the cars in the market, a new Seltos might make Sense.
Hayek is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 21:01   #23
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Sell the Amaze.

Jazz is clearly superior. It’s well built plus the ingress & egress is much easier. You will get a higher price selling the Amaze, you can invest 10-20% of that amount in taking care of the upkeep of the Jazz. In 2025, you can take a call about a proper replacement.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 01:46   #24
BHPian

I would ask how the usage works out. The Jazz is a hatch and with the seats folded offers a good multi-capability in hauling stuff. Both being Hondas, IMPO, the mileage till 1L is irrelevant, especially since the Jazz is a mature product (Fit avatar etc).
I think, give it a shot sequentially, don't use one of the vehicles at all for few weeks and compare the experience. The current COVID scene is not conducive to such experiments but who knows?!!!
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 06:54   #25
BHPian

While Jazz is clearly the superior car in terms of build and engineering, it is clearly quite old too. It loses out to Amaze in that aspect and also the fact that Amaze is as good as new with only 5k odd kms in the ODO.

My suggestion would be to sell the Jazz and make peace with the Amaze.
vshankarhere is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 08:26   #26
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz or Honda Amaze - Which one do I sell off? EDIT: Jazz sold

Unless you have already decided to sell the Jazz, I suggest keep it and sell the Amaze for the following reason:

1. Market for used cars is at a peak right now and Amaze is a popular choice in the used market space. Use this opportunity to make the most of it today.

2. There won't be much of a dip in the resale value of your Jazz if you sell it today or after 1 year.

3. The vehicle scrappage policy is poised to be announced anytime now. Holding on to an older car till then may just prove beneficial to take advantage of the same (purely speculating as there are no details of the policy out yet)

4. Jazz offers amazing practicality as a beater car. The rear legroom and seating is better than the Amaze and it seats 3 people better. With the magic seats folded down, it gives you an unmatched cargo space for Airport luggage duties, transportation of goods for family ceremonies etc. It can accommodate luggage worthy of being transported in the boots of two cars. I have moved two houses in my Jazz and I can vouch for the utilitarian nature of the car.

My views may be biased. I run a 9 year matured Jazz Select with 117000 Kms on the odo. The car has been maintained by my FNG since 60k kms and hasn't asked for any major parts replacement except a suspension overhaul and Tyre+battery replacement.

I have already booked a Skoda Rapid TSI but couldn't make up my mind on selling the Jazz. Decided to keep it along with the Rapid for atleast a year.
R_Gowardhan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 11:27   #27
BHPian

Its a pretty simple or rather a non-issue.

The Amaze stays and the Jazz goes.

Reason is purely from a financial perspective.

Cars take maximum hit and depreciate in the initial years, and that tapers down as and how the car ages on.

So, your Amaze no doubt how new and good it is - will take a good amount of price hit (in relative terms) while selling.

Jazz on the other hand has already depreciated both in value as well as usage (70k), so it would be lesser loss in comparision.

Amaze surely should be kept as its as good as new, but selling it might fetch a price much lower than a brand new due to the Second owner and out of showroom brand new feel missing.

So, Amaze it is for keeps and Jazz which should be disposed.
xway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 07:02   #28
BHPian

Please tell the price for your Jazz. I will buy it . This would have been my answer if I am in India now. I love that generation of Jazz. Such a peppy car.

Given the age and NCR rule, Please sell the Jazz and retain the Amaze. Take it to all the places where you would think twice to take Volvo or Lexus. Put some miles on Amaze. 5k in 5 years is way too low. Utilize that for some more years.
hema4saran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 00:13   #29
BHPian

So I see the head has won again. Sorry but after reading your story, i did not have the heart to vote. Nope, no suggestions here. Generally I found the first gen Jazz to be built much more solidly as compared to the first gen Amaze, which, IMHO, was the harbinger of Honda's Cheapo era.

You probably could guess what my pick would be IF I had voted. But hey! that's just me
Romeo_Mike is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 19:13   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Still much better than a friend's bitter half, who, on seeing a Jaguar, asked "Since when did Puma start making cars?"
Going by the description, 'bitter' seems like a Freudian slip. Better half's mood does take a turn for worse with over-the-top enthusiasm for cars / bikes.
Gotham_City is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks