Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2021, 11:20   #16
BHPian

Re: Sold Octavia | Now, Toyota Innova Crysta or something else?

Welcome Liam to TBHP.

Like you have said, Innova is an all-rounder and you can't go wrong with the choice. But if in case you want something different then I would recommend the Harrier/Safari in AT form.

*Powerful
*Enough features
*Average+ space
*Road presence
*Sold well and will continue to sell well, it's a successful car from TATA

And yes their service has its own issues at times but it will definitely be better than a Skoda. Happy shopping.

Btw, some pictures of your Octavia, please.

Last edited by kamilharis : 12th August 2021 at 11:23.
kamilharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 17:19   #17
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Based on your past experiences, I'd suggest two vehicles:

1) Crysta 2.8 BS4 - That 2.8 packs a wallop and it's a decent handler for a body-on-frame but autobox is just about average.
2) F30 320d - Fast and reliable. The rear end is a little soft but it's not a dealbreaker. The N47 engine and ZF8HP45 combo is deadly.
3) W204/205 C220/C250 - Closer to 320d in dynamics but

Can't go wrong with either. Just take them to service center to get full forensics before committing

Basically YOLO-whatever, so go for something that pulls your heartstrings before the government starts banning cars altogether.
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 18:23   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I would recommend looking at the Skoda Superb. For nearly the same money as the Octavia, you get a really spacious car that looks classy and has aged very well in the last 3 years since launch and will continue to age well. It just is so well proportioned and sleek, one can never get bored of seeing it. I still can't help a glance every time I pass one on the streets, especially the steel grey color. Plus, it has better overall materials than the Octavia, being from a higher segment and there are good discounts going around on the Superb most of the time.

The Innova, at the end of the day, is a body on frame pickup (Hilux) in new clothes. It is rough, lurches around a lot and exhibits massive body roll in mountain roads. It is not a pleasurable car to drive. You are not buying a car to resell it so don't let resale value be such a big criterion. How much you enjoy owning the car and how good you feel driving it is more important and in that department, the Innova cannot beat the Octavia, much less the Superb.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 12th August 2021 at 18:25.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 00:55   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by niruvrs9669 View Post
Is your Octavia Rider a Petrol ?

I’ve got an mk1 VRs, it’s been 15 years of joyful ownership and I’m keeping it for good.

I recently booked a Crysta 2.4Z for its proven reliability and long term use. It’s pretty roomy inside for a family mover and felt the power is adequate for its use. Considered Kodiaq and Endy, but chose Crysta for its practicality, also it’s cheaper by a good margin.
It's a 1.9 TDI.

I also considered Endy and Fortuner(Used). Today I saw the XUV 700 and the pricing is just amazing with all those features. I don't know if I should consider it.
Old 27th August 2021, 21:47   #20
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Took the delivery of silver Crysta 2.4z few days ago (along with a Thar Petrol by my BIL). Already through with 500 Km+ (Drive + Driven).

First impressions:

1) Extremely comfortable to be driven around on highways
2) Pretty decent to drive around, past 1500 rpm it packs a decent punch
3) The noise levels are low and the cabin is well insulated even at higher rpms
Attached Thumbnails
Sold Octavia | Now, Toyota Innova Crysta or something else?-7f3ce4c7f0734569a72584343ad6cfe1.jpeg  

niruvrs9669 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks