Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2021, 12:34   #31
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia vRS suspension is too stiff for Mumbai; should I sell it for another car?

Thank you all so much for your feedback. The overwhelming consensus being that the VRS is a keeper. Very much expected from this forum, and its great to get validation for my heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
Get a new Duster 1.3 CVT, man! It's the solution to all your problems.
That's a great suggestion. Will look at it seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Regarding suggestions to switch to 16” wheels - it’s not going to work because the vRS uses 340mm front rotors and large calipers, and 17” wheels just about clear the front brakes. Swapping the stock 17” to 16” is out of the question.

Check tyre-wear as it plays a crucial role in the ride quality as well. Switch to better tyres, it may make a difference to the ride quality.

If you still want to sell the car, please let me know and I’d gladly take it off your hands.
Oh great. This eliminates one of the recommendations, thank you for the clarity. The car is a keeper. I feel like I am living an ONIDA TV ad. Owner's pride, neighbor's envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
If its driven about 25k kms, I'm assuming you are on your first set of tires. In which case, swap them out to new ones, it is surprising how much a new set of tyres can help.

Also the vRS is one of the cars off late which is commanding good prices in the used market. But I'd still suggest you keep it, and get a beater for which you don't have to worry at all.
Had upgraded to Michelin PS4 at about 6K Kms in 2019. So on the highest quality tires, and the life is still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
My suggestion is to keep the Vrs and use it as a fun car, a weekend ride. For your city commute look no further than an electric Nexon. It gives a decent 200 kms range in city traffic, your commute will be hassle free, carbon neutral, very low cost and whenever you need a bit of fun it can do 0-100 in 9 seconds
Had actually never considered the Nexon EV. Sound like a great option, will seriously consider it.

Right now, the Nexon EV looks like the top choice for me, need to get it approved by the Home ministry. She isn't at all convinced that the budgets have space for this expense. Will keep this thread updated.
KungFuPanda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 13:01   #32
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia vRS suspension is too stiff for Mumbai; should I sell it for another car?

Try to maintain the Tyre pressure of 32 psi. Don't go as per what is written on the sticker stuck by the company. You shall be fine. If not ok, then reduce to 31. I am sure you will find a sweet spot here.
Old 20th September 2021, 18:09   #33
BHPian

I am happy to exchange my E280 CDI for your vRS if it troubles you so much.
Old 21st September 2021, 23:28   #34
BHPian

I was or say am in a similar situation with the VW Tiguan. I have a L4-L5-S1 disc bulge so the back pain was unbearable. I ended up lowering the PSI to 28-30 and that helped. May be after an year or so I will try to change the stock hankook tyres to MRF which the Kodiaq uses and see if that helps.

Last edited by sreejinair : 21st September 2021 at 23:31.
Old 21st September 2021, 23:42   #35
BHPian

Please don't sell the VRS. It's a great car to own!!! I'd suggest add another car for your daily run in Mumbai city. Go for a new one only if you plan to stay in Mumbai for at least 5 years. Else you have multiple options in pre owned vehicles. As for which one to choose, I'd say Nexon/EcoSport/Venue/Sonet/Creta/Seltos/Kushaq/S-cross given the road and traffic conditions in Mumbai.
Old 22nd September 2021, 00:41   #36
BHPian

Sell the car. If a car is not good enough to be driven daily, it doesn't belong.
Given the good market for it now, sell it and buy a comfortable car. You may not get such a good price later.
Never force yourself to hold onto something or someone because of external pressure or induced internal emotions.
You can always buy a sporty car at a more opportune time.
Old 22nd September 2021, 09:55   #37
BHPian

I am posting here after a long time. I feel your situation becuase I too drive a car with stiffer suspension than normal on my daily drive, Punto MJD and Tjet 125s. No matter what you do to the wheels or tyre pressure you will feel the character of the suspension. No two ways about it. If you have gone so far to think about selling a wonderful car like vrs, you want relief. And relief will come from something different😊.

Apart from Camry, I also like Volvo.
Old 22nd September 2021, 19:56   #38
BHPian

Why not replace the VRS suspension with that of the plain jane octavia

I am assuming that the VRS has sportier suspension than regular octavia

Else scout for tunable aftermarket suspensions , you will need a guy with the know how

Or you can change the fluid in the dampers to a lower viscosity

I had it done in my Palio and there is a considerable difference
Old 23rd September 2021, 12:37   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matizcrazy View Post
Sell the car. If a car is not good enough to be driven daily, it doesn't belong.
Given the good market for it now, sell it and buy a comfortable car. You may not get such a good price later.
Never force yourself to hold onto something or someone because of external pressure or induced internal emotions.
You can always buy a sporty car at a more opportune time.
Hey. No external pressure - using this forum as a sounding board. The Octavia VRS has always been my dream car as I was growing up, as a car that I could actually own. I hope I can manage owning a BMW M car one day, and maybe a Porsche as well. But for now, the love affair with the VRS is still ongoing. Have decided not to sell the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pani View Post
I am posting here after a long time. I feel your situation becuase I too drive a car with stiffer suspension than normal on my daily drive, Punto MJD and Tjet 125s. No matter what you do to the wheels or tyre pressure you will feel the character of the suspension. No two ways about it. If you have gone so far to think about selling a wonderful car like vrs, you want relief. And relief will come from something different😊.

Apart from Camry, I also like Volvo.
I love the S60 / S90. Maybe my next car. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenmachinE View Post
Why not replace the VRS suspension with that of the plain jane octavia

I am assuming that the VRS has sportier suspension than regular octavia

Else scout for tunable aftermarket suspensions , you will need a guy with the know how

Or you can change the fluid in the dampers to a lower viscosity

I had it done in my Palio and there is a considerable difference
At this point, sticking to the VRS. Will not be able to do anything to the car to risk the 6 yrs warranty.
Old 24th September 2021, 10:39   #40

Hi KungfuPanda!

Glad you are holding on to the VRS.

I think its the slightly firm seat foam that causes the discomfort in the potholed roads of mumbai.

I have tried all the tyre pressure settings on my VRS and i guess that's what i have come to conclude.

Happy to exchange notes on a weekend sometime. VRS bonding!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks