Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2021, 14:01   #16
BHPian

Re: Should I buy a Mahindra in Dubai?

Mahindra is selling the old XUV 500 in middle east and i have seen a few in UAE & also Scorpio pickups as company vehicles . Considering that the vehicle has stopped production it would be better to avoid this vehicle. Also spare parts availability along with services is unknown since Mahindra sales would be quite low in Dubai. But if u have no issues with above then go for it based on your instincts because are buyers are spoilt for choices in Dubai.
Old 31st December 2021, 15:18   #17
BHPian

No way !!
Your are in a Mecca of cars, look around there are several options available.
If budget is a constraint- GCC has one of the best used car market in the world, why not ponder over picking up Jap make Tundra, LC etc.

Last edited by varoon9999 : 31st December 2021 at 15:30.
varoon9999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 17:45   #18
BHPian

Depends on what you want to do.

- Be Patriotic: Tata / Mahindra
- Good resale value, built for market, good build quality, low maintenance: Nissan or Toyota
- Lesser build quality but also slightly lower price vs Japanese, lower resale: Koreans
- Not so great build quality but large size and high horsepower, lower resale: Americans
- Definitely don’t recommend: Chinese (very weak build quality and disastrous resale)

Above based on experience of having stayed in UAE for 4 years.
McLaren_P1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 21:40   #19
AZT
BHPian

You have access to cars which you'd never get in India. Also probably not be able to afford those same cars in India (Customs duty). Best is to go for car which makes you smile.

Same as in watches, 100 people will have a 100 different opinions but just go for the one which gives you a smile whenever you wear it (or use it for a car).
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 09:56   #20
BHPian

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. It was immensely helpful. Here is an update of the car search.

Test drove a used Mahindra but it did not feel the same premium car as in India (especially against my explorer). Checked with 2 nearby FNGs and both flat out refused to service the XUV. Hence, cancelled the plan for XUV.

Was discussing with a colleague about plan to buy used car and he suggested a friend of his who wanted to sell her Teramont.

Decided to check the and it looked in a good condition. It was also within the budget hence decided to purchase the same.
theflyingguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 01:22   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiali View Post
Hi, I am working in Saudi Arabia. Actually I got a XUV500 before a week.
Hi Shiali, since you are working in Saudi Arabia and have a XUV500 I’d like to get in touch with you for some information on the car. Could you please send me a email on bharatchowdary16@gmail.com

Most Viewed