Old 5th April 2022, 23:41   #31

Re: The "I cancelled my booking" thread

Make: MG
Model: Astor
Variant: MT STYLE
Fuel: Petrol
Booking Date: 21st Oct 2021
Dealer & City: MG motors, Banjara hills, Hyderabad

Reason: I booked the car on the morning of 21st Oct when the bookings commenced . MG promised delivery for the 1st 5000 cars by December 21. But there was zero transparency in the allocations and I think MG wants to only deliver the top end variants. The my MG app started showing 6-9 months as the delivery schedule and I was even prepared to wait for the 6-9 months. However, fast forward to march 2022, the My MG app gets updated and lo my delivery date is shifted to 1st quarter of 2023. People who booked the top end in Feb 2022 received delivery of the car in March 2022 whereas someone like me who booked a base variant on the very first day the bookings commenced in October are given a tentative date which is 1.5 years from the date of booking.
This made it very clear to me that the base variant was just there to grab eyeballs and they don't intend to really sell it.
However, this opened my eyes to the practices these car manufacturers make and I for one will be staying away from such brands .
biker92 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 01:23   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker92 View Post
Make: MG
Model: Astor
Variant: MT STYLE
Fuel: Petrol
Booking Date: 21st Oct 2021
Dealer & City: MG motors, Banjara hills, Hyderabad

Reason: I booked the car on the morning of 21st Oct when the bookings commenced . MG promised delivery for the 1st 5000 cars by December 21. But there was zero transparency in the allocations and I think MG wants to only deliver the top end variants. The my MG app started showing 6-9 months as the delivery schedule and I was even prepared to wait for the 6-9 months. However, fast forward to march 2022, the My MG app gets updated and lo my delivery date is shifted to 1st quarter of 2023. People who booked the top end in Feb 2022 received delivery of the car in March 2022 whereas someone like me who booked a base variant on the very first day the bookings commenced in October are given a tentative date which is 1.5 years from the date of booking.
This made it very clear to me that the base variant was just there to grab eyeballs and they don't intend to really sell it.
However, this opened my eyes to the practices these car manufacturers make and I for one will be staying away from such brands .
Please file an online complaint against MG in district consumer court. If not do write to competition commission of India and SIAM, both email and registered mail. Also write to MoRTH and send all relevant photocopies and also an email with scanned documents.

Nothing may happen but many things may also happen. Give it a shot, it will take a couple of hours.
Sran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 07:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

Due to non Allocation and Lack of Communication by MG and Dealer, i have cancelled my Booking of MG Astor Style after waiting for 5 months.

MG has also discontinued the variant this month.

I knew that MG won't be able to deliver this variant due to high demand and lower entry price.
CarguyNish is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 17:14   #34
BHPian

Make: Kia
Model: Carens
Variant: 1.5D AT
Fuel: Diesel
Booking Date: 4th Feb 2022
Dealer & City: Kia, Bangalore

Reason: Kia failed to deliver the vehicle and on top of it raised the prices quite high with no price protection. The fact that I've not heard many top end D AT vehicles delivered even for those who booked at launch clearly reflects the wrong business tactics that kia followed here. Glad my money will not go to manufacturers with unethical business practice.. Also the recent 3star GNCAP rating for Creata 2020 and I20 2021 reaffirmed my doubts on the build quality of korean twins..
Venkatr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 12:07   #35
BHPian

Make : KIA
Model : SONET
Variant : HTK
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 28th October 2021
Dealer & City : JSP Kia, Hosur Road, Bangalore

Reason:
Very poor after-booking follow-up with the SA. It's been 7 months and no proactive communication from SA, it was only me who was following up every 2-3 weeks. No definite clarity on vehicle dispatch.

It probably happened for the best that delivery was delayed, as now going for a better car - Creta, am ok to wait. Waited for 7 months for Sonet, so another 7 months for Creta is probably for the better. Also in the next 1-2 months updated Breeze, Creta facelift is also likely to come, so will have more options.
anirudhbb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 04:51   #36
BHPian

Make : KIA
Model : Seltos-Facelift
Variant : 1.4 DCT GTX+
Booking Date : 14th July 2023
Dealer & City : Autobahn Prabhadevi
Reason: The new Seltos has all the bells and whistles that makes it an almost complete car. However, I couldn't keep myself committed knowing the build quality/safety compromise in a 24+lakh OTR car. There are much cheaper but better built products in the market. Also, it was not as spacious as I would like it to be.
Old 22nd August 2023, 07:27   #37
BHPian

Make : Mahindra
Model : XUV7OO
Variant : AX5 D AT
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 10-Oct-2021
Dealer & City : online, India Garage, Whitefield, Bangalore.

I wanted to retire my aging 12 year old Mahindra Scorpio VLX Diesel as it is coming near to its end of life. Naturally, I am inclined towards another Mahindra vehicle and booked XUV7OO. I cancelled my booking after knowing about 6 month waiting. After some tweets and lot of follow ups to Mahindra, I got deposit back minus 10% cut ( I booked in the first few minutes of bookings open online). There is absolutely no preference given to old loyal customers who used their vehicle for more than a decade.

There is a perception that automobile companies think that the consumers in India would wait for years to get their products. Those days are gone when we used to wait for 10 years to get Bajaj Chetak if booked in INR ( in early 80s, We booked Bajaj Chetak using British pounds and received the scooter in a couple of days as my father was a NRI and also Indian Govt employee on foreign deputation).

Car purchase is an emotional affair and one needs to have a wonderful experience. I cancelled my booking for 20 lakh car and upgraded myself instantly to 30 lakh car and bought Crysta Z Diesel automatic. If Toyota said to me to wait for 1 year, I would have upgraded to a 40 lakh car of another brand. This is not to talk great about myself but we should teach the Indian automakers a lesson in mass and put them in their place.

I feel bad at seeing the Indian consumers are taken for granted by automakers and making them wait for years. It is a wrong strategy. Love for their cars will turn to hate as per human psychology.

Last edited by Mystic : 22nd August 2023 at 07:40. Reason: Typo
Mystic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 20:25   #38
BHPian

Make : [Hyundai]
Model : [i20]
Variant : [Asta (O)]
Fuel : [Petrol]
Booking Date : Jan 2022
Dealer & City : Kolkata

Reason: Waited for three months and then wanted an automatic. Didn't feel spending 14 lakhs for N-LINE DCT hatchback variant is worth it. So cancelled and waited for other launches
OpenRoads is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 21:22   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
Make : [Hyundai]
Model : [i20]
Variant : [Asta (O)]
Fuel : [Petrol]
Booking Date : Jan 2022
Dealer & City : Kolkata

Reason: Waited for three months and then wanted an automatic. Didn't feel spending 14 lakhs for N-LINE DCT hatchback variant is worth it. So cancelled and waited for other launches
Request to Mods: Did not read thread rules at first. Request to ignore this post.

Last edited by SixPistons : 22nd August 2023 at 21:31.
Old 23rd August 2023, 21:08   #40
BHPian

Make : Kia
Model : Seltos
Variant : 1.5 HTX D AT
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 14th March 2022
Dealer & City : Automotive Kia, Nagole, Hyderabad
Reason: This was supposed to be the replacement for our previous 2011 Innova D4D, but, later, my dad realised that Seltos felt smaller, hence, decided to get bigger car and eventually ended up getting Innova Hycross Hybrid last month.

Maybe, I'd rebook it again since our 2014 City Diesel is due for replacement next year.
car_guy1998 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 19:41   #41
BANNED

Make : Tata
Model : Punch
Variant : creative dual tone (test drive unit )
Booking Date : July 2023
Dealer & City : TC Motor, Kolkata
Reason : Car was in a terrible condition after giving them booking amount and the staff behavior was rude. After my booking, the car was driven for 1000 more kms and tyres were cracked. Dealership didnt budge on the pricing or bid to fix it.

Last edited by Axe77 : 24th August 2023 at 20:41. Reason: Poorly typed post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks