Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2023, 15:56   #31

Re: Horns of a Dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
The brand name alone makes this choice easier -- a 3-pointed star any day! And I'm saying this as an XUV700 owner.

The offer actually sounds too good to miss if the calculations indeed come out lower than an XUV. I see no reason to miss out on it other than strict space requirements.
Can you please elaborate as an owner of XUV? I have not driven the XUV but only the GLA. Currently looking at GLA petrol and love the engine refinement and ride quality. Features aside, I was always feeling that this is the USP of the Germans atleast. Could you throw light on this aspect as well if you are aware? Thanks.
Old 17th September 2023, 18:06   #32
BHPian

Re: Horns of a Dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonatorburno View Post
Can you please elaborate as an owner of XUV? I have not driven the XUV but only the GLA. Currently looking at GLA petrol and love the engine refinement and ride quality. Features aside, I was always feeling that this is the USP of the Germans atleast. Could you throw light on this aspect as well if you are aware? Thanks.
I might be a one off but let me share a controversial opinion here. We have 3 XUV 700s in the family and a GLC 220d (replacement of a 10 year old Skoda Laura . Refinement of GLC is fantastic and the suspension is soft making it a very cushy ride BUT if you ever travel on state highways that have ~50-70 kmph long twists with rough patches and few potholes here and there, XUV stays absolutely flat with 5 folks onboard while GLC rolled quite a bit and the suspension crashed at places. It was very uncomfortable for rear passengers. We were surprised by this as we had very high hopes from this vehicle and it delivers in most of the scenarios. We even tried the sports mode in it with no difference. If this use-case is relevant for you, please consider test driving them few times in these conditions before taking a call.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks