Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2022, 23:36   #31
BHPian

Re: Highly confused: Which car should I buy?

My recommendation might come off as a bit brazen but try to get Scross zeta if possible. There are great discounts available on the car, it gives a decent mileage has the same platform that brezza has and is one of the better built and spacious cars from Maruti Suzuki stable.
I know the car is about to be discontinued but I don’t think part availability will be an issue.

Tata altroz can be a good option as well.
Old 17th August 2022, 11:08   #32
BHPian

Hi, With the kind of running you have blind folded go for nexon diesel and since you are a sedate driver you should opt for AMT (It almost feels like torque converter in diesel). Its a no nonsense car and will give unrealistic mileage and tank like safety. Make sure you get it registered from chandigarh and not NCR.
Old 18th August 2022, 00:19   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
Most of the recommendations that I have received above are mostly in the 10 Lakhs range other than probably Tata Altroz.

In the 10 Lakhs range would probably stick to either Nexon or Breza. Tata Altroz is probably another option that I would be keeping in mind when going in for test drive.

Any other recommendation anyone !!!
I was in a similar boat last month. I have gone for the Toyota Urban cruiser (old brezza). You will get great discounts of about 60-1Lac from most dealers, almost 0 waiting period and you get a very sorted strong 1.5l NA engine with a Torque converter (if you want automatic) which is more superior than AMTs and more responsive than CVTs. The cherry on the cake is that it is a mild-hybrid, so you get very good FE as well.

Do test drive the UC. This car wasnt even in my short list, but once i drove, it i loved it, and with the big discounts, it clinched the deal for me.

Last edited by hanzt : 18th August 2022 at 00:21.
hanzt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 13:43   #34
BHPian

If efficiency and convenience is high up your list then it's Honda Amaze 1.5 i-Dtec CVT or Kia Sonet 1.5 crdi AT IMHO. As you have been a diesel owner for years now the flat midrange of a NA petrol and the guzzly nature of the punchier turbo petrol won't impress you. I think it's worth spending your money for a diesel with an automatic transmission.
Phantom 510 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 17:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

You anyway want to go for EV in future so why not Nexon EV Max(can meet 270km target) provided you have enough time to recharge for return leg. Alternatively MG ZS for more premium and bit extra space. Personally I would go with Nexon EV Max for your kind of need.
Old 22nd August 2022, 20:01   #36
BHPian

Hello Sunbaj!

I supply automotive components to over 20 OEMs in India and can tell you that none of the current technologies are going to be obsolete anytime soon. The government's target is to reach 30% EV sales by 2030, and while cynics like me would say it is a dream, even if the industry does achieve it, there are over 300 million ICE cars on the road today that aren't going to be scrapped anytime soon. What I'm trying to say is, while EV is poised to be the next big thing, there are many uncertainties and long term reliability questions that make it safe for you to wait it out another 10 years if you want to.

Considering hybrids, the mild-hybrids are really more marketing than anything, and the only major companies that will give you real hybrid cars are Toyota & a few from Suzuki that will share the same platform (and the City from Honda, of course).

That leaves you with the good old ICE engines! I would recommend you check out the Nissan Magnite or the Renault Kiger, both of which have a top-variant within your budget and come with a decent set of engines, and features for the price point!
ananbanka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 08:43   #37
BHPian

All, thanks for all the recommendations and suggestions on making a decision on buying a new car.

The two cars that were finally shortlisted for a test drive was Maruti Brezza Zxi and Tata Altroz Diesel XE.

Drove both the cars but Brezza finally made it to the finish line as it ticket all the requirements and also ticked the the "DIL as well as DIMAG se kam lo" options.

Booked the Silver Dual tone ZXi Manual. Have been told that the waiting period is 2 to 3 months but can be delivered earlier also. So now the wait starts.

Last edited by sunbaj : 30th September 2022 at 08:44.
sunbaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 10:29   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
Booked the Silver Dual tone ZXi Manual. Have been told that the waiting period is 2 to 3 months but can be delivered earlier also. So now the wait starts.
Haha an early congratulations to you, the car will serve you well. Just a suggestion (please excuse if it sounds condescending, that is not the intention) - book it atleast 2-3 different showrooms. I made the mistake of booking at only 1 showroom out of loyalty (being my 4th car with them) but they did give me a bit of trouble regarding date and timeline estimates. I had booked the Silver+Black combo, it looked the best, subtle and classy IMO. Unfortunately due to lack of availability with only 2-3 ZXI's and ZXI+'s being allotted to them for months, I had to settle for the plain old White.

After I took delivery of mine, I got to know that only LXI's and VXI's were available for a couple of months ahead.

Here's mine, India's (not) first White and Black Dual Tone, it has grown on me.
Attached Thumbnails
Highly confused: Which car should I buy?-whatsapp-image-20220919-10.24.25-pm.jpeg  

Old 11th October 2022, 19:23   #39

Hi all,

I am in the market for a new car (10 lakh OTR Bangalore). I want my car to be SAFE, SPACIOUS and have good PERFORMANCE. My driving would include 70% highway and 30% city. My shortlist includes:

Brezza LXi - Reviews point to a sedated driving experience, so I am not very inclined

Nexon XM (P) - Sounds like the best balance of everything. Even though the engine power figures are high, I hear the performance feels lacky due to the heavy kerb weight. Also I find the design of the rear a bit odd.

Citroen C3 Turbo - Took a test drive and really liked the design and the way it drives. Felt effortless and fun to drive. But I know the C3 belongs to a segment below (not sure if this should matter). Also, I am quite okay to wrap my head around some omissions like manual ORVM adjustment, lack of adjustable headrests, Auto AC etc. And since there are two dealerships/service in Bangalore, I think I am okay with the after sales support.

I am really confused at this point, would like your opinion.

Appreciate your time!
Old 1st January 2023, 21:13   #40
BHPian

Hello All,

Would like to thank everyone who responded to this thread. Wanted to finally update the thread that the car was delivered on 25th December.

Few pictures of the car.

Would be posting ownership thread in few days.
Attached Thumbnails
Highly confused: Which car should I buy?-img20221231120245.jpg  

Highly confused: Which car should I buy?-img20221231120236.jpg  

Highly confused: Which car should I buy?-img20221231120312.jpg  

Highly confused: Which car should I buy?-img20221231120254.jpg  

Last edited by sunbaj : 1st January 2023 at 21:17.
sunbaj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 11:25   #41

Hi Team,
I a stuck in a weird place. Need to choose between these two and understand they are in totally different categories. I am trying to get something that my heart will be okay with and would be the best i can afford.

Up till now i have been driving around a Maruti Zen from 2000 with just 50k on the milo and had been happy with it. Now i am married and moved to a different city-state ( Bengaluru ). Zen is no longer an option.
I have already pushed my budget to the max that i can afford.

My requirement :

Fun to drive
Decently Economical : 10+ avg in city (i.e no petrol XUV)
Reliability
safety
~10k km in a year 70% highway
will keep it for as long as it works ( 10+ years)
Would be using 2wheeler or cabs for most of the city commute.

Taigun GT plus 1.5 DSG
Pro :
- drives like a VW
- 5 star safety
- got necessary basic features
- about the right size
- save about 6L
cons :
- its a VW, heard horror stories
- dont know reliability
- Only basic tech - No ADAS
- interior is nothing fancy
- FOMO for features after apying such a price

XUV 700
Pro :
- Ride comfort
- Decent drive quality
- luxury ( all the creature comfort)
- Reliable service n/w
- safety and ADAS
Cons :
- dont really require a diesel
- DEF issue with less running
- Govt's unpredictable on policies related to diesel
- Size dont really need such a big car

PS:
- i already have a booking for XUV 700 and might get delivery in a month or two.
- Not considering any other vehicle due to either safety or reliability concerns.
Old 31st July 2023, 05:23   #42
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by automash View Post
Hi Team,
I a stuck in a weird place.

Fun to drive
Decently Economical : 10+ avg in city (i.e no petrol XUV)
Reliability
safety
~10k km in a year 70% highway
will keep it for as long as it works ( 10+ years)
Would be using 2wheeler or cabs for most of the city commute.

PS:
- i already have a booking for XUV 700 and might get delivery in a month or two.
- Not considering any other vehicle due to either safety or reliability concerns.
No car in this segment is perfect, they have one or the other shortcoming, as regards your listed options, the VW Taigun DSG, reliability, quality levels, and features are not great for the price paid, However, it does excel in the fun to drive factor and safety. It is decently economical as well.

Now with the XUV700, you get a feature-loaded car with loads of power and torque, the Diesel is decently economical, reliability has been more or less fine, with a few niggles here and there, but nothing to worry about, and safety is top-notch too.

So from an overall well-rounded package perspective, it's the XUV700, that is the car to go for. (Other cars in this segment are competitors to the Taigun and XUV700 have their own set of shortcomings as well)

Hope it helps!
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks