Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2023, 19:45   #1

Need a car to replace a 9-year old Audi A6 | Budget of 30 - 40 lakhs

Hi guys,
I'm fairly new to the forum and this is my first post.
I am a thoroughly satisfied owner of a 2014 Audi A6 2.0 TDI, which I bought pre-owned from Audi Approved in 2015. My ownership experience has been Excellent so far, and the only reason I am considering changing cars is because of the NGT Ban on Deisel cars aged 10yrs and above in NCR.
My requirement are as follows:
1. Decent ride quality [A6 had Air-Suspention, so I'm spoilt now].
2. Decent Ground Clearance [A6 had ride height adjust].
3. Decent Space for 4 people with luggage.
4. Decent Feature List.
5. Budget 30L, but stretchable to 40L. [As was pointed out by GTO in a similar thread that all one needs can be had within a budget of 30L. After that it's all desire.]
I am open to new and pre-owned cars.
Fuel Economy is not very high on my priority list as my running is limited to City and 7000 km/year.
The car is driven by me and my wife.
And, having had a good experience with my current German steed, I have no qualms in going for another.
Suggestions would be most helpful.
Thanks a lot.
Mak@87 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 09:23   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Need a car to replace a 9-year old Audi A6 | Budget of 30 - 40 lakhs

- The 30 - 40 lakh cars have greatly improved, but I don't think you'll be totally satisfied with them, coming from an A6. Still, if you want to check out options, do so in the following order = Tucson, Innova Hycross...

- Since you have experience with pre-owned cars and live in Delhi (which is the best used car market in terms of price and selection), my recommendations to you would be:

1. Used current-gen 5-Series, E-Class, A6 or Lexus ES (something like this for 45 lakhs would serve you for the next 10+ years).

2. 30 lakhs can also get you like-new Skoda Superbs & Toyota Camrys. Be open, especially to the Camry Hybrid which is a luxury car in its own right.

3. Since you keep your cars for long, go for petrol so you don't have to face the same situation again soon (especially as your used car will be 3 - 5 years old).
GTO is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 10:10   #3
BHPian

Coming from an A6, you will need the European built inside out.
If new, add new Kodiaq to the list which would be only slightly above your max budget but would tick all your requirements. Some BHPians have reported shorter time deliveries of the Kodiaq recently.

Last edited by Jangra : 10th April 2023 at 10:19.
Jangra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 15:08   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Coming from an A6, you will need the European built inside out.
If new, add new Kodiaq to the list which would be only slightly above your max budget but would tick all your requirements. Some BHPians have reported shorter time deliveries of the Kodiaq recently.
I was under the impression that the Kodiaq is no longer on sale.
Old 10th April 2023, 15:21   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
- The 30 - 40 lakh cars have greatly improved, but I don't think you'll be totally satisfied with them, coming from an A6. Still, if you want to check out options, do so in the following order = Tucson, Innova Hycross...

- Since you have experience with pre-owned cars and live in Delhi (which is the best used car market in terms of price and selection), my recommendations to you would be:

1. Used current-gen 5-Series, E-Class, A6 or Lexus ES (something like this for 45 lakhs would serve you for the next 10+ years).

2. 30 lakhs can also get you like-new Skoda Superbs & Toyota Camrys. Be open, especially to the Camry Hybrid which is a luxury car in its own right.

3. Since you keep your cars for long, go for petrol so you don't have to face the same situation again soon (especially as your used car will be 3 - 5 years old).
I was looking and found a sparingly used 2021 A6 on Spinny Max [albeit out of my budget-50L]. But, I had test driven the current A6 a while back and was underwhelmed by it, especially driving it back to back with my 2014 A6.
We already have a 2019 520D in the family, so that's out. 530i is way out of my budget.
Can't find a low mileage E-Class or ES anywhere below 60L.
I loved the Camry when I test drove it, apart from the low ingress/egress. Plus, the wifey would like something a bit more compact this time around.
I was thinking of current GLA200. I liked it fine when I test drove it. Nothing to love, but nothing to hate either.
Mak@87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 17:06   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak@87 View Post
I was under the impression that the Kodiaq is no longer on sale.
They are selling, do try one out. I think it fits all your requirements to the T
Jangra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 10:18   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak@87 View Post
Fuel Economy is not very high on my priority list as my running is limited to City and 7000 km/year.
The car is driven by me and my wife.
Since your driving is mostly restricted to the city i would highly recommend checking out the Byd Atto3. It is a future proof EV with skateboard architecture, the interiors are well built, almost as good as a luxury car!
StrykerEV05 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 14:14   #8
BHPian

Nothing less than the German trio or the Lexus will be acceptable to you after coming from an A6. I completely agree with GTO’s suggestion of picking a petrol and pre-owned car this time to extract maximum value on the money spent.
Coming to car suggestions I would say start with Audi and Mercedes Benz if you are comfort oriented and if driving dynamics are a priority start with BMW 5-Series then move on to Audi and others in that order. Reading from V.Narayan Sir’s report I concur Lexus ES can also be a contender on your list.
I would avoid Toyota Camry and Skoda cars for the badge value otherwise they are very good products. Also Hyundai Tucson and Toyota Innova Hycross though good product won’t be able to match the supple ride quality of the A6’s air suspensions or its badge value.
That said, if you are ready to stretch a bit then Kia EV6 can also be considered. Top class fit and finish, exclusivity, and no NGT ban fears. Although do keep in mind its ride quality is a bit firm. For better ride quality with a similar package you can look at Hyundai Ioniq.
Old 12th April 2023, 17:38   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerEV05 View Post
Since your driving is mostly restricted to the city i would highly recommend checking out the Byd Atto3. It is a future proof EV with skateboard architecture, the interiors are well built, almost as good as a luxury car!
I saw and did like the BYD. However, there's quite a bit of waiting on it... 6-9 months.
Old 12th April 2023, 22:27   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerEV05 View Post
I second this, it's the best option I can think of too even the ZS is a great option. comfort might be an issue tho.

GLA wouldn't be a great option in my opinion since it's a half hearted attempt from Mercedes to start with. To experience a 'real' Mercedes, you need to step up to the C or the E at least.
Old 13th April 2023, 01:43   #11
BHPian

I think a petrol C-Class would be a great choice for you. A pre-owned 2017-2020 C200 will be easily available within 40L. A used 530i (2017-2019) will be available between 39 to 44L in Delhi NCR. I have found two. Both are from 2017 and are at 40L and 43L respectively. Another 5 Series to your garage. Most 5's in the used car market are diesels. Everyone's well aware. I think you should very seriously pursue a 2018-2019 530i. The C200 and Superb would be just fine as well. Out of those two. The C200 has badge value but the Superb literally is a superb product. It would be amazing if you add a 530i next to your 520d in a different colour?! Cheers.
shiv11bhargava is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 22:28   #12
BHPian

A used Lexus ES seems like a good option.

Cars like GLA would be a downgrade for you.

Another good option would be Kodiaq.
Old 22nd April 2023, 23:41   #13
Senior - BHPian

Camry can be a good fit and so can the Lexus es ( may be out of budget)

But surprised no one has suggested the Volvo S60. A used one should be within a budget and I believe in terms of comfort only this will come close to the A6 in your budget.
Old 23rd April 2023, 03:33   #14
Senior - BHPian

The CBU volvo XC60 inscription is the only car I can think off that comes with air suspension and adjustable ride height that can be had in excellent condition within that budget.

C class, ES300, skoda etc are all a segment below and none of them will come close to the comfort of the old A6, despite their obnoxious pricing.

Last edited by Cresterk : 23rd April 2023 at 03:37.
Old 23rd April 2023, 11:57   #15

Unless you are only looking for sedan route, compass/kodiaq/aircross are worth a look. Fit and finish of premium Germans will be hard to match but otherwise they are good.

Not sure how was your experience with maintaining A6 and it's reliability but above 3 should not be much different. Give or take small difference. For complete peace of mind they don't hold a candle against Camry

SN

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks