Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2023, 13:59   #61
BHPian

Re: Car for family prone to motion sickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram1980 View Post

Agreed. I see lot of suggestions to try out Honda (couldn't quote all). I will be visiting Honda showroom this week and I plan to also rent City CVT for a day and do proper highway runs
On Elevate, I didn't like the first look. If it is in showroom (I didn't see it in Bangalore Mahadevapura), I can decide after seeing it in flesh and TD but not sure about this timeline. Any new car can have niggles for first 6 months. So I might end up waiting for close to 9 months or even 1 year if I opt for it which is not ideal. Family is pushing to book Slavia already
In the market and have this as one of the requirements.
Did you get a solution for your search? Let me know if you have test-driven Elevate as well. Would love to know the results.
Old 4th December 2023, 21:52   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Did you get a solution for your search? Let me know if you have test-driven Elevate as well. Would love to know the results.
Sorry, I’m yet to test drive Elevate as I put my plan on upgrade/second car on hold for a year (had spent on upgrading Figo’s touchscreen and headlights). From my search till date the shortlisted candidates are Taigun and Slavia. Sedan is safe choice for avoiding motion sickness. Only due to parking difficulties due to sedan length I’m hesitant in choosing Slavia.
ram1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2024, 15:48   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Did you get a solution for your search?
An update from me to provide a logical closure for this thread.

Did the test drive of elevate and found it to be good fit in terms of suspension, ride quality and steering feedback. The negatives being : second row can’t fit three people, floor is not flat and is inconvenient for taller passengers, road noise entering cabin. Other observations but not a deal breaker : smaller sunroof, no TPMS and many other features at this price point that creta/seltos offer

With Verna getting 5 star rating, I wanted to give Creta CVT a look and did the test drive. It ticked all the boxes for me but (as expected ) my wife got motion sickness. So dropped it.

Since I loved Creta so much, I wanted to try its Kia version Seltos. Luckily, my wife felt ok and had no nausea feeling and compared it to Taigun suspension. The CVT/IVT was smooth and cabin felt silent when compared to Elevate. My only complaint was that steering felt disconnected. Tried 3 more test drives of Seltos in different locations ( in airport road, near my office and home) to confirm that motion sickness is not an issue (maybe the panoramic sunroof helped)

So finally, after close to a year, my search that started with Taigun as top choice and then briefly to Slavia and later waiting for Elevate ended by choosing a model that I didn’t even wanted to try out at the start : Seltos!

The variant booked was HTX IVT Gravity Grey
ram1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2024, 18:00   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram1980 View Post
So finally, after close to a year, my search that started with Taigun as top choice and then briefly to Slavia and later waiting for Elevate ended by choosing a model that I didn’t even wanted to try out at the start : Seltos!

The variant booked was HTX IVT Gravity Grey
Congrats on the Seltos, the Seltos has a differently tuned suspension as compared to the Creta and that may have just been a major factor in containing the motion sickness, Anyways glad to see that you have found a car that both you and your wife are happy with! My quote from a year back has aged quite well and our family is also happy with our new Seltos (my sister has motion sickness too as mentioned in the post)

Last edited by bijims : 14th July 2024 at 18:03.
bijims is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 11:24   #65
BHPian

My wife and child are both prone to motion sickness. Avomine was the go-to drug for my wife whenever we had any plans to travel. Though the Doctor had prescribed some medicine (forgot the name) for my child's motion sickness, we decided to keep the child off drugs for as long as possible (currently 6 years old), so basically we'd rather keep our travels to the minimum than resort to any drug for help.

It has been a year since we bought the Kiger CVT and remarkably neither wife nor child have had any problems with motion sickness yet and at times even if they feel a little uneasy, switching off the AC and opening up the windows does seem to help a lot.
jomyboy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks