Team-BHP - what car post i20 cancellation???
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   what car post i20 cancellation??? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/54440-what-car-post-i20-cancellation.html)

hi all this is my first thread in team bhp. I owned a santro xing. i had booked a i20 asta sparkle blue with dsc motors in chennai on feb 6th ( dsc/chq/feb76) . the sales executive had promised me to deliver the car in one month time. But hen i went to know the status of the car on march 1st the general manager of dsc hyndai ( mr daniel) told me that asta version is facing some problems with parts not being shipped from korea so it is highly unlikely that i may get the vehicle till may 1st week ( which also he said he is not sure). i had given him a piece of my mind over the false commitment they had given and have cancelled the booking for the same. i like the features of i20 asta a lot ( chiller trays/ airbags/ steering audio controls usb- aux connectivity etc etc). now i had test driven linea emotion / sx4 zxi / swift zxi and honda city smt. I am not satisfied with linea as i was not comfortable with the driving of the car . honda city is too pricey. i loved driving sx4 and i am equally impressed with swift. My budget is 8 lakhs and odd. can u people suggest me any good options with closest features as that of i20??.

thank you

Why were you looking at i20 when your budget was 8+ lakhs ? If you liked SX4, then SX4 ZXi is the way to go. Feature to feature Swift Zxi is the closest to i20, with a better motor.

Drashkum,

Since you dont mind paying sedan money for a hatchback, I suggest you take a look at the Fabia before taking a decision. That car's quality of build and interiors is a class apart from any other hatch in India. Its the closest to the i20 in terms of features. I'm sure even the top end models of Fabia will fit in a budget of 8 lakhs.

Otherwise, the SX4 is always a good buy, and it comes with the reliability of Maruti After-sales service.

since you budget is anyway 8+ lakhs you can go for SX4. it would be a true VFM for you!

If you are in hunt for a VFM car with some features, SX4 ZXi is the way to go.
Regarding the i20 booking cancellation, have you checked with other dealers in your city?

CRV maybe?

Now that's a HOT hatch around your budget.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 1196925)
CRV maybe?

Maybe you intended SRV :)

Quote:

CRV maybe?

:D

The car is called SRV. CRV costs twice as much.

Since your budget is around 8 lakhs, why not look at the Linea/SX4/Fiesta-S/Verna?

Quote:

CRV maybe?

That (presuming he meant the Chevrolet Optra SRV) is a very good suggestion! A friend of mine in Ahmedabad had the SRV (option pack). It was an excellent looking car with a lot of features, and was bigger than any hatch sold in the country. Get one in electric blue, and rock!:)

For this budget, the SX4 is more value for money.

Do have a look at it.

Do TD of SX4 you will like the car. See all reviews in this forum. Good car in city as well as on highway

sorry that i couldn write in detail ,in my last post

Quote:

Why were you looking at i20 when your budget was 8+ lakhs
i am a doctor and i drive 50-60 kms per day in chennai city traffic. i also go occasionally on trips on highways may be twice a year. so i prefereed a fully loaded petrol vehicle which can do justice to my city driving. i prefered i20 as for 6.28 lakhs i could get a fully loaded vehicle with steering audio control/ tiltable telescopic steering/abs/airbags/ chiller glove box / ac ducts for the rear seats / usb aux connectivity etc etc. i thought it was a good value for money for all the features u get.

i test drove fabia too i really liked the elegance model which had equal features as that of i20+ sunroof. but unfortunately the dealer told me that elegance has been stopped in petrol model ( 1.4l engine uis no longer in favour) and is available in deisel only which costed 8.58 lakhs.my mind changed as i thought i could get a fully loaded sx4 for 8.22 lakhs then why ay more money for a hatchback??,

is fabia deisel elegance really worth the 8.58 lakhs?

since i couldnt get both the hatchbacks i had to go for the swift which was the only option available. test driving swift there was no zxi model available but i was told it has the best engine among hatchbacks and a touch cheaper than other models 5.80 lakhs but no great additional features as that of rabia or i20.

then my friend told me that fiat linea is launched and is pretty cheap and is fully loaded . i had a test drive. i didn like the angry staring look . ac was bad. no comfortable seat no legroom head room. so it put me off . so the only option for me was to go and drive sx4 the next vfm car touted by team - bhp . i was floored by the driving comfort and clearence. loved the sxi . but now all of a sudden my budget has shot up to 8.22lakhs

now thats my story............

now for the questions

is it really worth spending 8.5+ for a hatchback or try to go for a vfm sedan sx4 for 8 lakhs ( the showroom gives 25000 discount + 3000 rs gold coin)

or choose swift zxi petrol which has great engine but lack comfort ( but seems that it has again a waiting period of 45 days. i dunno whether this dealer would atleast keep up the promise)

i dint see verna as my father owns one and i dont like the car and dont wanna buy a second of the same car

If the budget is 8 lac then ANHC is within budget. If not then check out Fiesta S. Very good car for the money you spend.
Forget fabia as A.S.S is bad. Sx4 is a VFM option as well.

Since you seem to have a thing for bells and whistles, the SX4 seems to be a good option for you - dual airbags, steering mounted audio-controls, climate control etc.

If you have the budget for a sedan and have no parking/space issues, why not a sedan ? Go for it. TD the SX4 & ANHC and see what fits your needs best. Another option is the Fiesta1.6S model, though I dont know what all bells & whistles it has - it has airbags I know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drashkum
so the only option for me was to go and drive sx4 the next vfm car touted by team - bhp . i was floored by the driving comfort and clearence. loved the sxi . but now all of a sudden my budget has shot up to 8.22lakhs

Budget shooting down is a concern. It is going northwards in your case, which in these times is a good thing, na ? If you liked the SX4 go for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10
If the budget is 8 lac then ANHC is within budget.

You sure of that ? Don't think it would be the case in Chennai. I think the lowest version would be 8.5L. But then, since he has budget of 8.22L, what difference does a few more thousands make ?