Team-BHP - Golf cart: which brand? what price? where to buy?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   Golf cart: which brand? what price? where to buy? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/66689-golf-cart-brand-what-price-where-buy.html)

dear bhpians,

any idea what are the brands of golf carts available in india? and what are their rough prices? and more imporantly where to buy and what are the recurring costs on them? any team-bhpians currently own any golf carts?

i need one, pref a 6 or 8 seater variant for my in-factory use to ferry guests around and so-on.

also any place where i can pick up an used cart? my budget is around 1.5l to 2l.

also just a wild idea, would be wise to cut out a old omni and make it into a golf cart? (with added reinforcements to the structure)

any other options apart from a golf cart for the above purpose?

thanks in advance

aadix

if you are ready to massacre a car, why not a tata ace? you can probably seat 10 people at once.

the advantage of a golf cart is you can have electric cart so you don't have to worry about emissions while indoors. is your factory enclosed with controlled ventilation?

Your best bet is a Tata Magic. Take the soft-top off if you intend to use only around the factory. Robust, diesel and ready after-sales support. Will also work out about the same price as a good golfcart, but with way more utility. You could probably skip on registration formalities (and save $$$) if its is only going to run on private property.

Yamaha imports and services golf carts into india - These start at about 2.5L for the two seater version and keep going up with the options.

Club Car is available as well and they have a service tie up with a groundskeeping company (Maybe John Deer - Not sure though.) Prices are a little higher than Yamaha.

Alternativley check with local golf courses who may be changing their fleets and you can get a good deal on some of the replacement carts. Try Boulder Hills in Hyderabad.

Hope this helps.

aadix, if you have contacts at Lahari resorts, do give them a call they have a couple of the Golf carts and seem to be capable of carrying 9~10 people at a time.

Check out this website. They seem to manufacture golf carts in India. Their customer profile is impressive.

Inplant material handling equipment, golf carts, racking and storage systems, warehousing equipment

If you have been to Lalbaug in Bangalore, there have electric golf carts carrying 12-15 passengers around the park for Rs100. I think the same company is involved.

Maini, makers of the Reva makes golf carts in India. We have a couple of them in Magarpatta City. You can check with Reva dealers though the Golf carts seem to be manufactured by a separate group company.

I agree with bogusgenius. We also have Maini golf carts running around in our office campus and they have a seating capacity of approx. 10-12. If I can get a pic of them, I will get it today for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogusgenius (Post 1524967)
Maini, makers of the Reva makes golf carts in India. We have a couple of them in Magarpatta City. You can check with Reva dealers though the Golf carts seem to be manufactured by a separate group company.

Yes, I also live in Magarpatta City. The Reva Maini (Electric Golf Cart) is awesome they brought it at about 2.5L and now after 3 Years they are trying to sell this cart. If you want one just give a call to 020-26823900 and ask them transfer the call to PMS Dept.

my company has 10-12 seater Maini ( manufacturer of Reva golf carts ) and I also see that same brand in Boulder Hills golf course besides by company...had a ride one of these and feels great ! ....I guess this is the best Indian brand to go for and also has decent presence in after sales service...since many companies have bought carts from them compared to imported ones....

hello check out PowerSport ATV Dune Buggy Electrical Golf Cart Jet Ski Off Road 4x4 winch trailers , pressure washers fully automatic terrian utilities usa , india for the 4 . 6 , 8 , 11 , 17 , utility car , ambulance

Our resort company had 6 Maini Electric Buggy which has a carrying capacity of 9 people with luggage. Currently we have 10.

The batteries used were Trojan Trojan Battery Company - imported from US & quite expensive. They failed within less than an years time with bloated containers. Replacing batteries were becoming an expensive proposal, each set cost upwards of Rs: 70,000/-

With Maini washing off their hands the problem blaming Battery maintenance, we started an investigation into the issue.

We narrowed down the problem to the external 48V DC Charger supplied by Maini. It was over-charging the batteries with higher voltage (72v) leading to its premature failure.

Had it removed & replaced with custom-made external chargers having voltage & current control combined with Battery boosters attached to the batteries. This has enhanced the Battery life to more than 2 years & still going on.

refer: Reduce Carbon Footprint & Save On Costs : Battery Booster - 3

After many complaints regarding Battery failure, Maini has been supplying new compact replacement external 48v chargers with voltage & current control.

The batteries from last year have been reproduced locally by Exide for almost half the cost.

In case you are not specific about the fuel you want to use, nothing fits the bill like the Tata Ace Magic. You could modify it to your tastes and requirements.

But if you are specific about a noise free electric vehicle, then you need to scout around for used golf karts only. You could also PM Shankar Balan who is an avid golfer and see if he can dig out some contacts for you.

IMHO the Tata Ace modification would help only if the vehicle has a overhead roof as it would be required from the safety point of view. The requirement is in the factory premises where the roof is of utmost imp to prevent any accident due to falling objects.

Many have talked about the Maini reva golf carts but non have provided any web reference, request someone to do so kindly.please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aadix (Post 1513217)
dear bhpians,

any idea what are the brands of golf carts available in india? and what are their rough prices? and more imporantly where to buy and what are the recurring costs on them? any team-bhpians currently own any golf carts?

i need one, pref a 6 or 8 seater variant for my in-factory use to ferry guests around and so-on.

also any place where i can pick up an used cart? my budget is around 1.5l to 2l.

also just a wild idea, would be wise to cut out a old omni and make it into a golf cart? (with added reinforcements to the structure)

any other options apart from a golf cart for the above purpose?

thanks in advance

aadix

dear aadix ,

yea you can get a indian maini motors from bangalore golf cart , they make for all sorts of uses. if you get on their website you will get all details or a call from them if you put a query to them ( as i did ) .

Secondly you can get Club car golf carts , these are imported ones , much better in finish and quality a lot of taj resorts use them , they have a dealer of same in mumbai , they get you the golf cart of your choice from their cataloque they also do the service and maintenance , if you want their contact you can get that too i will be happy to help ....