Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2009, 12:09   #1
BHPian

What Car -Punto Dzire or I20

Hi all first off a brief intro-
I came back from Australia about 2 months to resettle in India. Was planning to get a car here in a couple of months and now the time has come to finally book the car. No offense meant to anybody when i say something bad about any car am just an ordinary guy looking to buy a good car which will last me 3-5 years with minimal maintenance issues .

WHAT CAR
Budget -5-6.5lacs max of 7
Fuel- Diesel- would be running about 1300-1500k/month. 900 in city
Brands considered- I20/ Dzire and the lovely Punto. Brand does matter to me Love Fiat ,have always owned a Hyundai- Santro,Accent and Santa Fe( in OZ) Maruti -what do u say -Good After sales service
Needs- Good solid Car ie stable to ride in city and in highway at speeds -about 140.
boot space not a big issue as small family of four.
Interiors-liked Punto and I20 but Dzire left a lot to be desired.

Test Drive- Liked all three but drove it in peak traffic on chennai roads so may not be able to comment much however am happy to accept the verdict of TBHPians regarding performance.Details on Test drives

Swift Dzire
CONS
Car rode well but the missus(the boss) and me did not like the interiors ,felt it was tacky and outdated and to be honest was the first car out of the list because of that. Also was looking for ABS in car and VDI variant has P valve which i dont know what it means but know it is not ABS. Somehow this would be a just a car rather MY CAR .
Pros
It is a Maruti- so all (extended family) would be happy. No After sales issues and should be low maintenance.
Cant see any major advantage other than that over the other cars.

For about two months after that was considering the other two only .

Hyundai I20- beautiful car from outside but interiors nothing too impressive and feel it is overpriced. At my budget it would have to be a Magna CRDI which does not even have keyless entry. Also somehow feel it will be an expensive car to maintain.

Punto- Ah Punto my heart aches everytime i see a Punto on the road .Love the looks ,have been to showroom many a time just to admire it . Love the performance reviews love everything about the car but i keep reading/hearing about their after sales support. Read experiences of @crimson,Mr Sachin Thakkar,also another gentleman here who had to leave his car for about 2 months after a crash and i am quite wary of the A** . Have read every thread here about Punto ,i know most are favourable reviews but the one or two who have problems seem to have have it real bad.

Finally after two months of reading I had decided on a Punto but my wife s cousin who owned a Siena said that Fiat service in Mangalore is crap and he is happy with his Dzire now. So wifey does a turnaround and says why not dzire( She had dismissed it in one minute after the TD earlier)

So Now back to square one-Punto Dzire or I 20.
Friends Please help me out of this conundrum
Friends In mangalore any opinions about Auto Matrix Esp Valuable as Im resettling there in 3 months.
Was waiting for Polo diesel -but Sidindica s post said diesel will be launched later and i need Car now or latest by March as Dzire has 2 months waiting.
Thanks all
Old 31st December 2009, 16:28   #2
Team-BHP Support

Moderator's Note:

Please search and continue on one of the existing threads. Some suggestions:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...testdrive.html (i20 CRDi vs Punto MJD :Testdrive)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...undai-i20.html (Swift Dzire or Hyundai i20 ???)

You can search for more. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks