Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2011, 10:30   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Atlast its a Palio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidealong View Post
Thanks to everyone, at-last i made the decision and bought a Silver Palio ELx 2003 June make, which had done 70K for 1.1Lakhs.
....fuel gauge/temperature gauge issue, ......slight engine oil leak .....fluid leak in the clutch slave cylinder, .....the break pads ......front lower arms
Hey glidealong!!
congratulations!!
one of my friends in college used to get this same car, and we used to have a hoot driving it...everyone cdropped their esteem/santro etc keys to get to drive it!

Just a couple of things though.
The clutch cylinder-yes, it will leave you stranded dead on the spot when it lets go.good call getting that done.
The slight oil leak, i would suggest getting it done with fiat itself, cos they can make a thourough check, not just at the point of leakage, but also overall.
It will cost a bit more, granted.
see what happens in old cars is all seals have aged, and the weakest link lets go.
Once you get that fixed, the oil will look at the next weakest spot it can come out of....Your FNG will look at the leak, fix that area, and say youre good to go.

for the rest of the stuff(speedo/brakes etc.), brakes are also quite easily fixed by a good recommended FNG.
speedo etc, you can try and get it fixed outside.
if fixed, nothing like it.If it still gives way, well its not exactly going to leave you high and dry, eh?

power window switch, well thats a cheap fix.
Once my passenger side switch gave out, and swapped it with the rear swictch.
later got it changed for about 200 bucks.

Cheerios!!
Enjoy your ownership!!
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks