Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2010, 16:14   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
eventually when we meet everyone will say we will go for a trip/round/picnic.No harm in doing this just wanted to say.
+1 to shishir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
guys... how about keeping a monthly meet within city limits, where all can gather a spend some time? the members who were not able to make it to Yelagiri they will also be able to come and meet with all..lets know everyones view on this..
Avijit, no point in meeting just like that within city limits as people will come only if you give the motivation of driving long distances on smooth roads with no interceptor to catch hold of them

Meeting within city limits will make the meets sound monotonous and boring.Just my opinion though.

If we have a majority supporting the meets within city limits then I am game too.
Old 20th January 2010, 17:20   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post

Avijit, no point in meeting just like that within city limits as people will come only if you give the motivation of driving long distances on smooth roads with no interceptor to catch hold of them
Brother, you said the dreaded I word.
Looking back, if there were one such on the road, it would definitely have made a small fortune : 300 x 8 = 2400/- at one go

I believe that given the chance and the ride, avijit would outspeed all of us! We were doing 120+ for most of the drive and at any pitstop, the alto was never more than 10 mins behind us!
Old 20th January 2010, 17:26   #243
Senior - BHPian

guys you had so many details and till now no one is writing the trip details.Come on preetham,make it soon
Old 20th January 2010, 18:08   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
guys you had so many details and till now no one is writing the trip details.Come on preetham,make it soon
Pritam must be still dazed from the headlights of the oncoming bus or disoriented from the ABS testing courtesy BMTC
Old 20th January 2010, 18:58   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post

I believe that given the chance and the ride, avijit would outspeed all of us! We were doing 120+ for most of the drive and at any pitstop, the alto was never more than 10 mins behind us!
I agree that I can not match upto punto/Safari/Civic/SX4 etc on speed

for you guys I am little slow but was doing 80+ all the time.... I agree to Alter also there are locations within 150 kms from Bangalore, if all are ok we can do a long drive team meeting when ever possible... I know meeting in the city is boring but I think it might motivate others to join the gang... as you know there are 5000+ views to this thread but less than 1% participation..
Old 20th January 2010, 19:03   #246
BHPian

i felt, had we driven together for a longer time trailing each other with one designated leader. It would have been more fun. At the same time cant deny it was awesome drive.
Old 20th January 2010, 19:15   #247
BHPian

No everyone...
What I am Dazed by is what you'll not be able to comprehend.

I told you all about the lost things...My baby_my digital piano, my handycam and my digital camera which I lost on 1st january 2010
(for those of you unaware_people who went off to rob the bank : The things were worth more than 1.3 lakhs and the emotional attachment is impossible to get back).
Well thanks to I dont know what or whom, I got them back. Today.
I am just back from the police station and with a happy face after what seems a very very long time.
I am simply dazed by that. Nothing else. Once I come out of it, I will surely give you a literary treat...
Old 20th January 2010, 19:19   #248
BHPian

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That calls for a Mega party with a musical night from OM.... what say guys..........
Old 20th January 2010, 19:37   #249
BHPian

I second that!

Party time folks!

Congrats Preetam!

On the day of Saraswati puja, you get back your musical instruments! Some co-incidence. Off to the temple you go!

Last edited by aqualeo2040 : 20th January 2010 at 19:39.
Old 20th January 2010, 20:33   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
I agree to Alter also there are locations within 150 kms from Bangalore, if all are ok we can do a long drive team meeting when ever possible...
I love the spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
i felt, had we driven together for a longer time trailing each other with one designated leader. It would have been more fun.

I was mersmerised when each of us were following the leader for some time.I mean from the back if was magnificient.Even while switching lanes I could see the leader giving indicators and then the next one and then the next car in line and so on.It was kind of a automotive figure skating stuff.Really awesome.But that was shortlived as everyone wanted to speed ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
No everyone...
Well thanks to I dont know what or whom, I got them back. Today.
We deserve to know how at least.Tell us the entire story how did the police finally act?I am just surprised.Does this happen in India?Can we ever get back stuffs too?
Old 20th January 2010, 21:14   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
We deserve to know how at least.Tell us the entire story how did the police finally act?I am just surprised.Does this happen in India?Can we ever get back stuffs too?
Of course it does. That also explains why they let you off for carrying obscene amount of RDX (just kidding.no offence meant).

Yep, we sure would love to know the entire recovery story.

Now that we have a guitarist and a keyboard, all we need is a bassist and a drummer to start our own T-BHp Bangalore edition band.

So, thursday is almost here, Preetam should be in with his report any time now.
Old 20th January 2010, 21:57   #252
BHPian

@preetam, how about your musical show followed by a dinner treat
Old 20th January 2010, 22:11   #253
Senior - BHPian

Hey preetam, we are happy for you.
So where do we go next for the treat drive, and ofcourse food ??
Old 21st January 2010, 00:11   #254
BHPian

Well thank yous so much everyone
People I would like to thank publicly on this forum:
1. Capt. Baldev from ELCIA
2. Mr.Praveen Sood (Additional Commisioner of Police_Traffic_Bangalore)
3. All my band members for providing so much of support from all corners.
4. All of those bhpians who made the day beautiful on 17th january.

Give me a day everyone and the write-up will be ready.

And as for the information on how I got back my things, please keep an eye out for the Bangalore Mirror on 21st January. My story of how I got back my baby is going to be published.
Old 21st January 2010, 06:25   #255
BHPian

here is folks..

23-YR-OLD SHOWS COPS HOWTO SOLVE ACRIME

When the Electronics City police failed to act on his complaint regarding a stolen keyboard and cameras, Preetam Bose, an MBA student and part-time musician, began his own investigation, finally forcing the cops to act on the information he provided and nab the culprit

GAYATRI NAIR

Preetam Bose is a MBA student from Alliance Business School. He also doubles up as a musician and plays in a band called OMM, Omniscient Music Mantra. On the night of December 31, he and his band had a performance in Electronics City and were returning home to Tavarekere in a cab. On reaching home, Bose and his colleagues paid the driver and were unloading the guitars and drums kit from the boot. They had hardly done this when the cabbie sped away with the keyboard and a couple of cameras still lying on the front seat.
Bose and his friends then went back to the hotel where they had performed, to try and get the badge number or name of the cab driver but the hotel had no information. The following day, Bose went to the Electronics City police station to file a complaint. “Nothing happened for a day and so I decided to do some investigation myself,” he said.
He went back to Ottera Hotel. Here, Bose and his friends noticed that Electronics City Industries’ Association had installed a CCTV. The next day they got the number of the cab from ECIA’s control room. Armed with the number Bose again went to the police station, but the cops had still not acted on his complaint and didn’t seem interested in the new information he provided.
Bose then called up some contacts in RTO to find out the name and the number of the driver. “The vehicle number was KA 51 3024 and the name of the owner is R Venkatesh, a resident of Hongsandra. I also got his mobile number and tried calling him but I guess that number was changed because I did not get any response,” Bose said.
In spite of all the ground work that Bose did for the police, it was only when he finally sent an e-mail to Praveen Sood, Additional Commissioner (Traffic and Security) on January 14, which was subsequently sent to the local police station, that the cops woke up. “The police started working on it only from January 16. They found out that the driver continued living in Hongsandra but had changed his house thrice. Finally, they traced him on January 20 and brought him to the station.”
HOW IT HAPPENED
Bose revealed the sequence of events as it unfolded on the night of Dec 31. “Our performance was from 8:15 pm till nine. But the organisers asked us to wait till the end of all the festivities to collect our payment,” Bose said. Anticipating the New Year’s eve rush, Bose called Meru Cabs and booked a taxi for 1:30 am. But the cab could not make it on time so he and his friends took a cab waiting outside the hotel instead. This proved to be a big mistake as the 23-year-old later realised.
In their hurry, Bose and his friends did not take down the number of the cab or the name of the driver. It was a white Tata Sumo and the driver charged them Rs 300 to drop them at Tavarekere where Bose lives. Three people boarded the cab: Two band members Shobojyothy Saha and Sagnik Sarkar sat behind, while Soumik Chakraborthy sat in the front seat with a Yamaha PSR 2100 model keyboard, a Nikon Coolpix S7 digital camera and DCR TRV 63E video camera, all worth Rs 1.3 lakh. The other instruments, like the drums kit and the guitars were kept at the back. Bose was to follow the cab on his bike with another band member Guha Ashish Kunal. All hell broke loose when the vehicle reached Tavarekere and the cab driver made off with the keyboard and the cameras.
But all’s well that ends well. “I am glad that the police finally caught him. But I wish they had jumped into action earlier,” Bose said.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks