Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2013, 12:18   #2296
BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Call it what you may, but one can't be appreciative of their abilities if rattles persist. Have the doorpad opened once again (you anyhow need to - see below) and all loose cables stayed with either hot-melt glue or double sided tape. Wrap some closed-cell foam around the long free runs of any cable / wire.

Oh-oh! You got carried away by the bass thump (probably as compared to what you had earlier) - and never noticed that these components are bright. And you probably paid twice that of similar components.

This is just not done, and I have to repeat he is pulling a fast one. He is overcharging you (please check with other dealers in Delhi, like Driven), and on top of that he has given you mismatched tweeters.

Going for Audison is also not a solution unless you are *absolutely sure* you like it's sound. Also, he should come good on the existing deal by giving you a properly working set - not a mix-and-match "sir, this is also from Hertz" set. Otherwise, ask him to refund your money.

Forget about the amp - it is what it is. Perhaps you should set gain a bit lower and re-tune you system properly.
Feeling victimized now! Guess, will have to visit the installer again. Are Hi Energy really available elsewhere for 8000k or thereabouts for a pair? Hope there is no confusion here, 16000 was for the component set, not just the tweeters. I really need to check the prices elsewhere too, this guy was rated highly by a lot of people here on T-BHP, went blindfolded to him!

The HT20 vs HT25 issue has been continuously rattling me, will talk about that as well. After hours of reading about 'Bright' sounding speakers now I know what it really means, now that's a silver lining, the Audisons were relatively more sedate (read: less bright)! I am still unsure though whether the Amp could be the 'Fasaad ki jadd'.
Old 22nd April 2013, 13:02   #2297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftoholic View Post
... Are Hi Energy really available elsewhere for 8000k or thereabouts for a pair? Hope there is no confusion here, 16000 was for the component set, not just the tweeters.
8K, not 8000K! No, I meant other brands that sound just as good - Polk, Rainbow (low end), Morel, RF, Bull, Infinity, ... these are in the 6-12K range. The Hertz HSK is usually 12-13K (DSK 6K, ESK 8-9K). No idea about Audison. And yes, I understand the price is for the set of components: 2x midbass, 2x tweeters, 2x XO).

Quote:
... went blindfolded to him! ...
No one on TBHP says one should do that. You wouldn't do that for anything else in life, right?

Quote:
... I am still unsure though whether the Amp could be the 'Fasaad ki jadd'.
Ask him, to remove all doubts with a trial, to use a 'genuine' amp instead and prove his point to you. Play the same music, same track, something that you are very familiar with, in both cases. I am sure you will be able to differentiate if there is any difference. I really don't expect too much of a difference in response of the speaker - that is inherent characteristics of those speakers.
Old 27th April 2013, 03:29   #2298
BHPian

Quote:
8K, not 8000K! No, I meant other brands that sound just as good - Polk, Rainbow (low end), Morel, RF, Bull, Infinity, ... these are in the 6-12K range. The Hertz HSK is usually 12-13K (DSK 6K, ESK 8-9K). No idea about Audison. And yes, I understand the price is for the set of components: 2x midbass, 2x tweeters, 2x XO).

No one on TBHP says one should do that. You wouldn't do that for anything else in life, right?

Ask him, to remove all doubts with a trial, to use a 'genuine' amp instead and prove his point to you. Play the same music, same track, something that you are very familiar with, in both cases. I am sure you will be able to differentiate if there is any difference. I really don't expect too much of a difference in response of the speaker - that is inherent characteristics of those speakers.
Well, it has been a very hectic week for me, could not go to Driven. However, I still intend to give it a shot tomorrow and see if the Speakers can be changed. It should be easy for him to return it to the company considering one of the tweeters was faulty out of the box. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 2nd May 2013, 14:25   #2299
BHPian

I have been talking to Aman (Motor Concept) over the phone for the last few days. He has now agreed to give me a pair of HT 25, however he says since I have used the HT 20 tweeters for 10 odd days, I will have to pay up an additional sum of Rs 1500 to get what I should have got out of box.

Is there any way to ensure that the HT25 he is offering me now are not the faulty ones repaired? Is it justified that I should give him an extra 1500 bucks anyway? I also realize now after looking at the Hertz website that the frequency response range and the continuous power output rating are also different for the 2 sets. Enough reason for me to not trust this guy's words again (He told me that it won't make a difference if I used HT20, how GULLIBLE am I).
Old 2nd May 2013, 17:12   #2300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... he says since I have used the HT 20 tweeters for 10 odd days, I will have to pay up an additional sum of Rs 1500 ...
What kind of a cad IS this guy? You didn't ask for the HT20, HE gave it since HIS stuff was faulty!

No wonder there is that "bhoot"-wala proverb in north India!
Old 5th May 2013, 03:19   #2301
BHPian

I finally had this sorted, the driven guy agreed to get me HT25 and replaced it at no extra cost. I clearly told him about my displeasure, and that I will always be in two minds to visit him for my next round of upgrade.

About the speakers' performance, the mid bass drivers are doing a great job with some serious kick, and the HT25 are blending better, sounding less harsh, sort of warm with the right eq settings. Either they are growing on me or am getting used to the sound signature, at the end of the day I am enjoying what I hear and just can't wait to lay my hands on the remaining equipment. I know the overall sound will improve considerably when I have dedicated equipment for low frequencies, better quality HU and a better amp running the comps.

Thanks DerAlte for letting me know what to expect as a customer and guiding me through this. Will spend the next few weeks reading more on ICE, and probably shortlisting some equipment for auditions. I am aiming for a budget install which I will be able to carry to my next car.
Old 5th May 2013, 21:15   #2302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I finally had this sorted, the driven guy agreed to get me HT25 and replaced it at no extra cost. ...
Oye balle balle! You happy, we happy!!!
Old 6th May 2013, 12:17   #2303
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Gurus
I need your advice on improving the sound quality of my current Factory fitted HU and speakers by Maruti.

1. Your Car: Swift (New Model ZDi)

2. Your current setup (If any): HU - I guess Nippon with Nippon components at front and co axials at rear. No amplifier or Sub. No damping

3. Your Budget: 50K

4. Do you drive most of the time or is it chauffer driven?: Self Driven

5. Your Music preferences (Genres, favourite artists, etc.): Anything thats popular like Bollywood, Western commercial, Rock, Hip Hop. Some songs in my current playlist - Aashiqui 2 songs, Yaaram - ek thi DAAYAN, wil.i.am - scream and shout, Honey Singh stuff

Additional Information:

6. Are you ready to sacrifice your boot space/modify door panels? : Ok to sacrifice boot space
Old 29th May 2013, 11:37   #2304
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I need to shortlist a 2-Din for my Swift. ( Cant settle for 1-din ).

I know people are not much fond of Sony when it comes to Car Audio ( most of them) but i somehow liked their new products in their website.

There are 2 new 2-Dins

http://www.sony.co.in/product/wx-gt99bt this is the BT version and costs 13K ( website price) and one without is http://www.sony.co.in/product/wx-gt88ui whic is 10K.

Did anyone happen to try out these products by any chance.?

They are pricey but i I liked their visual appeal,they come with 3 X 5V preouts,Ipod control etc, have seen most of the other Pioneers,Kenwoods with 2X2v preouts.

Would be helpful if i can have some reviews on this product from user experiences !
Old 29th May 2013, 12:58   #2305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
... Sony ... i somehow liked their new products in their website. ...
Amusing! Do you do the same when buying sweets or buying a TV?

Since you are going to spend a decent packet of money, maybe it is better that you audition what other TBHPians near you have installed in their cars. Some have Pio, some Kenwood, some JVC, some Sony too. If you listen to them up close and get a feel for the usable features (as opposed to sales babble) you will be able to figure out for yourself what is good and what is not.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 22:11   #2306
BHPian

Stock ICE in my Swift ZDI, is not recognizing the Samsung Galaxy S3, as USB drive

- USB PC connection is in Media Device (MTP) mode
- USB debug feature is disabled.

Is anyone else seeing the same issue? Any suggestion in addressing this issue?
Old 21st June 2013, 13:06   #2307
BHPian

Guys,
Finally got my Swift ICED !!

Mods, my queries wrt this have been posted in other threads but i find this thread more relevant to be posted here ,so kindly do the needful.

Would like to share my Audio set up so that people who need a basic set up and looking for some good quality may take this into consideration.

I was looking at setting up a basic system without Amps or Subs as i cannot compromise on the space at any cost.

Setup Goes like this :
HeadUnit : Alpine CDE W233E. ( 2-Din) - 8000/-

Front : Auditor Components RIP 130 S ( From Focal) - 4500/-

Rear: Polk Dxi 690 ( 6*9 Ovals) - 6800/-
http://www.polkaudio.com/products/dxi690

My non-technical lameman experience for each

HeadUnit:

The Alpine HU is a neat 2-din which beautifully fits the console and it does a very good job.
I am not aware of other HUs but this has varied audio settings for different plug in options for USB,FM,CD, Subwoofer etc
You can comfortably set the Basslevel,Mids,Treble,Fader etc and even the HPF settings as per your hearing tastes.
The sensitivity upto 5Db can be set for different sources based on the quality of voice rendered.
Personally i loved the fader options which lets me choose which set of speakers i would like to play more ( front or the rear)
Looks wise you may not appreciate it to be as swanky as other models from Kenwood or Sony. I was personally drawn to the new 2-dins from Sony as they look very good but held back due to the reviews from other Tbhp members.
If you need looks Kenwood also has some good options and so does pioneer.

Front Components:
The Front Auditor Compnents also do a decent job . They come with a pair of tweeters mounted on the dashboard and surprisingly give a good amont of Bass as well .They are neither too bright nor too dull they are just right . There is no distortion even at very high volumes and the SQ is very good to my liking with crystal clear sounds. I am sure with an Amp they will sound even better

Rear Speakers: This is the most loving part .I was in for JBL949 or maybe infinity but i wanted to audition all the ovals this guy had at his play. Finally i went with the Polk Dxi series and these ovals sounded absolutely fab. I have auditioned JBLs,Infinity and then these and trust me this is the punchiest set of the lot. These deliver a decent punch even at low sounds and even at full volumes donot "brrrrrrrrrr" as i experienced with the JBLs. I am a bass-happy guy and i am happy to have them for what i missed without a sub to a decent extent !!. You have that punch which doesnt distort at all the volume levels and apart from bass they deliver good highs and mids as well .

Thank all the Bhpians DerAlte in spl for their inputs and suggesstions.

Would be happy to know if anyone else is also happy with above components if they are using any of them as well
Pheonix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2013, 13:35   #2308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Finally got my Swift ICED !! ...
Wah waah, congratulations! We share your happiness. May your drives be even more enjoyable henceforth.

Where on the dashboard did you mount the tweeters?

Please do create a thread in the Sound off and Show off thread. With pictures.

Last edited by DerAlte : 21st June 2013 at 13:36.
Old 21st June 2013, 13:46   #2309
BHPian

Quote:
Wah waah, congratulations! We share your happiness. May your drives be even more enjoyable henceforth.
Thanks a Ton Deralte !!

Quote:
Where on the dashboard did you mount the tweeters?
I put them on the extreme corners of the Dashboard.
On A pillars they would be closer to ears and may be bit irritating and hence did not prefer that.
Any other place suggested ?

Quote:
Please do create a thread in the Sound off and Show off thread. With pictures.
Surely will do that in sometime !!
Old 23rd June 2013, 12:50   #2310
BHPian

I don't know if this is the appropriate thread to ask this or not. Mods please post this to the appropriate thread if this is not the one.

I have a Sony Xplod CD+USB Head Unit (don't remember the model) in my Swift with 4 speakers running on it. Two in the front at the stock location and 2 at the back on the parcel tray.

I was thinking to add up a pair of component speakers at the back in the stock location (doors).
Can i drive the new components directly from the HU which would make it 6 speakers on the head unit.
Can a Sony Head Unit handle these 6 speakers ?

Apart from this i was a 2 Channel Kenwood Amp in my Santro, which drives a Sub.
Can i drive a pair of components and a sub from a 2 channel Amp or will i have to upgrade my Amp as well. ?

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks