Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2007, 11:35   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
...A Pioneer 4850 HU , Alpine 4 CH AMP,Front Pioneer Dash Speakers ( Dont know which one ), Pioneer Sub and Rear Pioneer 6"X9" ovals. ...something hit me real hard from behind... 17k~18k..without b/w
My guess is
a) the Alpine amp was a fake
b) the bass was a one note bass that does well with hip hop and music like that but fails when under the demands of more complex music (I would test it with a Stanley Clarke solo or some Trilok Gurtu).

but it takes all kinds. I know quite a few people who are quite happy with this sort of a system. I dont see anything wrong with it.
Old 9th April 2007, 12:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
My guess is
a) the Alpine amp was a fake
b) the bass was a one note bass that does well with hip hop and music like that but fails when under the demands of more complex music (I would test it with a Stanley Clarke solo or some Trilok Gurtu).

but it takes all kinds. I know quite a few people who are quite happy with this sort of a system. I dont see anything wrong with it.

Hey navin tell me something , i had a talk with this grey market guy , he told me that if u want to go for an entry level amp then it has to be alpine as it costs around 4-5k , while all pioneer amps will cost min 8 to 9k. Is it true ?? Also i always buy grey market products from delhi as it is the cheapest for electronics and i know the guy well . Had no probelms till date with him but also if i buy the same from Kolkata will there be a price differntial in the grey market products ??
Old 9th April 2007, 13:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

An Alpine amp for 5K sounds very very suspect. Even at grey prices. Most likely a fake amp.

Pio amps at 7K to 8K would be about reasonable. (The 6100/6200 runs to about that).
Old 9th April 2007, 18:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Greenhorn, The audio chain is only as strong as the weakest link. SO try to keep all the components at about the same level. There is a stick for systems upto 30K on this forum. It just might help you to formalise your thoughts.

Rule 1 of Audio: FIX YOUR BUDGET. Tattoo it to your forehead if need be.

Since you are into DIY there are tips and tricks you can do that will strech your system's sound. So your 25K system can sound like a 35K system.

1. Is 25K your real budget.
2. Do you intend to upgrade and build your system slowly
3. How much boot space are you willing to sacrifice.

pardon me if some of these questions are repeats but your earlier posts were too smiley filled for me to follow properly.

If all you intend to spend is 25K with no further upgradtions. I'd spend 8K on a HU wtih 3 pre outs. 7K on the Pio 6100/6200 amp. 6K on front components (I assume Tata Indica or Palio). 4K on rear coax and 4K on a Pio sub in box.
As of now there is no strict limit. I'd say 25~30 K would be about it
however, if there was something which , for upto about 5 k extra would make a WORLD of difference, then I'm all for stretching it by that extra li'l bit . However, I would like to limit the damage to 30k.

as for the smileys... OOPS . will be more vigilant from now on.. Just that its my style

as for the upgrade bit, as of now , i dont think i am going to. This is primarily Dad's car, and the Audio is just sorta my gift to him. The upgraditis is reserved for my machine some more years down the line!

same goes for the boot space. I doubt if he will be willing to sacrifice too much of it. I know he needs a sub ( judging by his favoured eq settings) It's just that he wont admit it. I/We dont want too loud and in your face bass, but when I'm listening to something which has something in the 35~50 Hz area, i dont want to miss out on any of it .
Old 10th April 2007, 09:39   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I'd say 25~30 K would be about it
however, if there was something which , for upto about 5 k extra would make a WORLD of difference,..The upgraditis is reserved for my machine some more years down the line!.. I know he needs a sub ( judging by his favoured eq settings) It's just that he wont admit it..
Spend the 5K extra on damping the front doors and good RCA wires. With 30K I'd do this...
HU: 9K with 3 pre outs from Pioneer, Kenwood, etc...( I dont think Alpine has a 3 pre out HU in this price range)
Front components: 8K - Infinity Reference, Alpine R, Hertz Hi, etc...
Rear: 6K on 6x9 coax from same brand as above on a 1" MDF rear deck.
Amp: 7K for the Pio 6200. The 6300 is also out but I dont know the grey market price (I'd assume it is 10K at which price the JBL 60.4 makes a case for itself).
Old 10th April 2007, 17:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

thanks !

I guess dad will have to go without the sub . no matter, if the rest of the orators can handle it

now for the practical stuff. are these prices grey or with B/W ?
Sourcing the components is not an issue, but installing is . Are you guys sure there is no place in Tvm that can handle such a job ?

In that case i guess I'll have to start thinking about the logistics of getting the car to ekm and back.

thanks a ton for all your help so far
Old 11th April 2007, 09:41   #22
Team-BHP Support

Pio prices are grey the rest are wtih B&W.
Old 11th April 2007, 10:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
now for the practical stuff. are these prices grey or with B/W ?
Sourcing the components is not an issue, but installing is . Are you guys sure there is no place in Tvm that can handle such a job ?

In that case i guess I'll have to start thinking about the logistics of getting the car to ekm and back.
I don't think there are any real professional installers. JKDas is from TVM (now in Bangalore) and he would have a good idea of how things are there in TVM. Maybe you can PM him for info.
Old 14th May 2007, 16:17   #24

Basic ICE installed in Indica DLG

Just got the ICE (Basic) and seat covers installed in my newly posessed Indica, last Saturday. Need some comments from the ICE guru on the basic installation of ICE.

ICE Details:
HU -- JVC->KD-G635 -- Rs. 9990/-
Front -- JBL->GTO- 507, 2 Way Component speakers -- Rs. 6000/-
Rear -- JBL->GTO - 937, 6X9" 3 Way Coaxial Loudspeakers -- Rs. 5000/-
Seat Covers -- Elegent (Thick Velvet type) -- Rs.4500/-
Total -- Rs. 25490/- After Disc. total Paid -- Rs. 21500/- (Courtesy Sam)

All above bought from Elegent at Lajpat Nagar (as suggested by @Sam_Kapaasi)
Old 16th May 2007, 19:57   #25

Hi all,

I too will be going in for a 3.5L car--most probably Xeta. Going by the discussion so far, I understand that 25k gets you a very good system. However, my budget is lower: I'm looking at 10K, but could go up to 15k.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

PS: I listen to bass-n-drum (not techno)... but my folks don't like too much bass. So I figure a rounded system would be just fine.
Old 17th May 2007, 00:15   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by unigen View Post
I'm looking at 10K, but could go up to 15k..
HU: Pio 2950, Blau Mumbai or simialr for 4-5K
Front: 6" coax 4K
Rear: 6x9 coax 5K
Total: 13-14K. And they said we ICE guys were only adept at overspending. :-)
Old 20th May 2007, 11:28   #27

Great! Thanks! Appreciate the advice!

PS: Where's my previous post?! I wrote a nicer (longer) thanks note and it's disappeared. C'mon, this 'deferred' update thinggy is probably good for utter newbies, certanly not for veterans on the Net like moi... I come back the next day and find my post is lost. Methinks, what the hell, and defer MY thanks for another couple of days. So there...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks