Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 7th September 2014, 19:00   #16
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Ford Trucks in India

It is true that Ford trucks were sold in India. My grandpa was an authorized dealer for Ford US and Canada. I learnt from my uncle that during World War 2, there was a huge demand for Ford trucks by the Orissa State Government, and that my grandpa had to rush to Mumbai to co-ordinate imports.

But alas, I do not remember seeing any in my childhood, though I did see junked cars from Ford in the dealership. To make things worse, my 80-year old uncle passed away 2 months ago, and now I am devoid of any information of the glorious past.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote