Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2007, 14:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Swift VXI / Help me with dealer accessories I should PAY for?

So I got introduced to one of the senior sales manager @ a Maruti dealership and settled on the following deal :

Core Deal :
Swift VXI+abs @ 5,10,464
Cash Discount @ 15,000

Basic :
Mats, Mudflaps etc.

"Phree" goodies :
Swift Security system
AND
Llumar tints/Body
OR

Colour ORVM/Handles(my request)
OR
1500/- further cash discount.

Doesnt seem like anyone else can top this offer(I tried Mandovi).

Im considering purchasing a few more dealer accessories by converting the 15k cash discount into the Loan amount.

Dad was looking at Teflon coat / Underbody treatment. Im weary of these things after reading many of the forum discussions.
Especially the services offered by the company dealerships where quality is suspect.

My choice of car colour : Metallic Pearl Artic White<might change>

Im the only one who wants this colour! Im against the darker metallic colours because of maintenance issues
(I have someone in college using my car as a drawing board :( aaaargh).

Guess the only other choice besides white is silver... which I find way too common and un-exciting(yeah I know,
white is going to get super common too). Anyway !

Your comments / ideas / suggestions / criticisms
Old 25th February 2007, 15:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

White is a nice colour. I think he's shafting you, since now the Swift comes with OE coloured ORVMs and handles. And mudflaps should be on the house too.

Try Sagar, they're pretty reasonable. Also, please clarify in advance their stand wrt ICE wiring and upsizing rubber and voiding of warranty. Some may insist that they use Maruti OE cabling and they do the install themselves. In that case, push for free installation.

Ask for an underbody coating. Some sort of rubber/epoxy thing. Push for a replacement car when your car goes in for service. That's all I can think of for now.
Old 25th February 2007, 17:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
I think he's shafting you, since now the Swift comes with OE coloured ORVMs and handles.
Hmmm, I checked with another dealer just to make sure and they said OE coloured ORVM/handles is onyl standard on ZXI. Let me do some more sleuthing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
please clarify in advance their stand wrt ICE wiring and upsizing rubber and voiding of warranty.
Yeah Iv asked to chat with the service/works manager tomorrow morning regarding ICE / Upsize / Conical Airfilter I am asking for written and stamped statement regarding them honouring services.

Quote:
Some may insist that they use Maruti OE cabling and they do the install themselves. In that case, push for free installation.
I dont think they will do a free install, and I dont know if they can handle it either. Im hoping to get the install done at Anwars place and I doubt the maruti team will be as competent as him.

Quote:
Ask for an underbody coating. Some sort of rubber/epoxy thing. Push for a replacement car when your car goes in for service. That's all I can think of for now.
Yeah Im, keen on getting the underbody done. Best done with the tyres/rims taken off right to coat the wheel wells too. Approx cost?

Replacement car? lol thats a good one.
Old 26th February 2007, 19:04   #4
elf
BANNED

No man, v1p3r's right. See if you can wrangle a replacement car when you put the car in for service, else ask for priority service so you get the car back the same day if it's just basic service.

As regards your choice of colour, I think it's brilliant. With a nice set of light silver / hyper-black alloys, the white would look great. Also, avoid painting your ORVMs & door handles in that case - it'll break the monotony of the colour.

Sorry I can't help with the dealer.
Old 26th February 2007, 19:49   #5
BHPian

[quote=s0uljah;380309]
Core Deal :
Swift VXI+abs @ 5,10,464
Cash Discount @ 15,000

Basic :
Mats, Mudflaps etc.

"Phree" goodies :
Swift Security system
AND
Llumar tints/Body
OR
Colour ORVM/Handles(my request)
OR
1500/- further cash discount.

Hi,

It's a very good deal for swift vxi, don't do the teflon coating & under body coating at the dealer, i have done these coatings at suraksha, especialy under body coating, compare to dealer's price, it will be less & job will be done in front of you, if u ready to stay their for at least 4-5 hours.
Old 26th February 2007, 21:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
As regards your choice of colour, I think it's brilliant. With a nice set of light silver / hyper-black alloys, the white would look great. Also, avoid painting your ORVMs & door handles in that case - it'll break the monotony of the colour.
Interesting you mention this, I was considering this earlier today whether black orvm/handles would provide a contrast and also compliment the hyper balck alloys I plan for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
It's a very good deal for swift vxi
Yeah as far as I know I doubt this sort of a deal is being offered unles you have an inside source

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
don't do the teflon coating & under body coating at the dealer, i have done these coatings at suraksha, especialy under body coating, compare to dealer's price, it will be less & job will be done in front of you, if u ready to stay their for at least 4-5 hours.
How much did you pay EXACTLY for underbody / teflon ? Please give me the individual break-up if possible. Im not so keen on the "teflon" after reading the many threads... I might approach 3M directly.
Old 27th February 2007, 05:22   #7
BANNED

I would recommend you go for metallic colours for Swift since colours like white/silver is quite dull & boring for a sexy hatch like Swift !!!!

My recommendation is the metallic Beam Blue.

Also make sure that the Tints is Llumar itself. Dealers always have the habit of supplying cheap sunfilms !!!

And do the teflon coating from outside after 4-5 months since the vehicle is already having clear coated from the factory.
Old 27th February 2007, 08:04   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Replacement car? lol thats a good one.
As ELF pointed out, I think v1p3r meant for you to ask for a stand-by car if you dont' get the car back the same day after service. I don't think he meant to ask you to get the car itself replaced.

Last edited by hydrashok : 27th February 2007 at 08:06.
Old 27th February 2007, 10:12   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Interesting you mention this, I was considering this earlier today whether black orvm/handles would provide a contrast and also compliment the hyper balck alloys I plan for.
Well then why don't you wait till you have the alloys fitted & then decide? The painting can also be performed at the time of 1st or 2nd service.
Old 27th February 2007, 15:32   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
colours like white/silver is quite dull & boring for a sexy hatch like Swift !!!!

And do the teflon coating from outside after 4-5 months since the vehicle is already having clear coated from the factory.
White might be dull and boring but then I will make it look sexy
If its metallic my favourites are Black/Azure grey.

Good point about the teflon coating though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I don't think he meant to ask you to get the car itself replaced.
Hydra, me not that thick !! What I meant is thats a good request to shoot at the dealer. Heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Well then why don't you wait till you have the alloys fitted & then decide? The painting can also be performed at the time of 1st or 2nd service.
Right Said Fred.
Old 27th February 2007, 23:10   #11
elf
BANNED

Methinks if you do want to get the Teflon coating done then you should do it now to 'seal' the paint further. After a couple of months, oxidation may set in, depending upon where you live & how the car is garaged.

PS: mithun, what's a metallic Bum Blue?
Old 28th February 2007, 00:40   #12
Senior - BHPian

Oye fairy, don't poke fun. My car is that same colour.

s0uljah, I DO mean a full replacement. Like when you give your Swift to service, they give you an Alto as a runabout or something. I get one everytime. Once they didn't have an Alto ready, so I took off with the GM's personal Esteem. Man, that car was fun.

Push them, man. It's your (dad's) hard-earned money. Don't let them give you the regular deal. I even got the guys to pay for my pizza (don't ask!).
Old 28th February 2007, 08:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
Methinks if you do want to get the Teflon coating done then you should do it now to 'seal' the paint further.
I had a chat with the accessories guy yesterday.

He says their teflon is not the regular stuff running in the market and is under licence from Dupont. Rs3800/- With a 2 year warranty.

Iv told him that this is the regular sales pitch everyone reels off so he did his best to re-assure me that this is an official "dupont teflon coat".

Underbody coating/Anti-corrosion is Rs.4000 with a lifetime warranty again from Dupont.

Thats a total of 7800/- (I can bargain a little).

In the outside market it would cost me around 5500/- for the entire job but then bills, warranties and reliability issues are bound to pop up.

Quote:
Push them, man. It's your (dad's) hard-earned money. Don't let them give you the regular deal. I even got the guys to pay for my pizza (don't ask!).
Yeah Iv allready popped the idea to the sales manager... hehe. Lets see it would be extremely handy too.
Old 28th February 2007, 08:47   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I even got the guys to pay for my pizza (don't ask!).
...u and food..
anyways back to topic.. White Swift with 16" White alloys.. pay a couple hundred for painting the door handles / mirrors whatever..Nice body kit, white neons and good ICE..then give the car to us on weekends.. what say v1p3r

Godfather
Old 28th February 2007, 10:13   #15
BHPian

Quote:
My choice of car colour : Metallic Pearl Artic White<might change>
My very own personal opinion: Maintenance taken into consideration or not, white is THE best looking color on Swift. It makes the swift look a little more squat and meaty..

As far as getting the mirrors painted white is concerned: Wouldn't white mirrors look a little weird with blacked out A pillar and tints in the background?

Cheers,
Su-47

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks