Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2007, 10:44   #46
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,022
Thanked: 3,480 Times
Default

Isac, call up Cauvery Ford and find out if they have a tie-up with 3M. I was told they do, and i was thinking of getting an underbody coating done through them.

OFF TOPIC:
Vid, sorry about the id. I tried to recollect from memory.. the results are there for you to see. Hehe.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 15th October 2007 at 10:49.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 18:56   #47
BHPian
 
joseph5600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 110
Thanked: Once
Default

If you havent taken Swift diesel into consideration, then I suppose Ford Ikon would be aa better car than Swift ZXI. I had bought a Getz recently and the major reason to rule out Swift was its space. Ford Ikon is a much more spacious,comfortable and luxurious vehicle compared to Swift. Drive quality and stability is much better than Swift. Obviously for Swift, resale value would be much better. Spare parts might be much more cheaper for Swift. Also for city drive and convenience for parking are other merits for Swift.
joseph5600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 16:09   #48
BHPian
 
sanju.sreekumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 165
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Ikon Bangalore Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
How many guys have Ikon in this forum in Bangalore. We can form a club. OR Is there any club exists already.....

I have an Ikon and im not sure if there is any club as such...anybod there???
sanju.sreekumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 15:57   #49
BHPian
 
Anju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 175
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I totally agree with Joesph5600 view on both Swift and Ikon.

But its hard to choose Ikon over Swift, just because Ikon is about to be phased out. I would prefer Logan over Ikon.

I think if you are Ford fan then look for 1.4 Fiesta, if price works out for you.


Cheers
Anju
Anju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 16:01   #50
BHPian
 
Anju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 175
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Oh No Isac,
I didn't head to see pasge 2 and 3. You finally chose Ford Ikon.

Be proud of your choice and enjoy your car buddy. I liked your color choice.

Cheers
Anju
Anju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 16:27   #51
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,022
Thanked: 3,480 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.sreekumar View Post
I have an Ikon and im not sure if there is any club as such...anybod there???
There is no specific club or anything, everyone here being united under the TBHP tag. Make it to the meets, and you would get to meet many others who are BHPians first and then Ikon owners, myself included.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2007, 20:42   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 37
Thanked: Once
Default teflon coating - update

couple of updates , I had done the teflon coating through spotfree solutions as suggested by vidyut [thanks vidyut and Ben ] , cost me Rs:2500 , I have taken the carcare club membership they had , the package includes teflon coating , detailed ! interior cleaning and an option of towing the vehicle with in the city limits [ hope I never had to use this ] , As far as the work is concerned I am satisfied , though the wax polish which they applied after teflon was half done due to time constraint and I can see that patches [planning to do the clean up this week end]

I had sunfilm [carryboy] through them as well again Rs2500 , Photos coming soon , Thanks to all of you again!
isacM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 20:50   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default

Ford Ikon is almost 10yrs old model right? Is there any news of stoping it and launching new sedan in that price from ford stable?
The reason I am asking is, it is a good idea to buy this model now?
Esteem was in my mind but since its gone be replaced for sure in near future, the other option i thought if is this Ford Ikon. Not sure of resale value for ford. So, would like to know about it.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 11:37   #54
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 205
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Ford Ikon is almost 10yrs old model right? Is there any news of stoping it and launching new sedan in that price from ford stable?
The reason I am asking is, it is a good idea to buy this model now?
Esteem was in my mind but since its gone be replaced for sure in near future, the other option i thought if is this Ford Ikon. Not sure of resale value for ford. So, would like to know about it.
Ikon is a very successful model right from its introduction and there are lakhs of Ikons on the road today. The flair model us still selling decently and I guess Ford will continue to sell it atleast for next 2-3 months. The sheer number of vehicles on the road will ensure that users will not have any problems with spares and service even if the model is discontinued. Ford's spares and maintenance cost is not as bad as its being perceived generally. I own a ford vehicle for 2+ years and havent faced any problem yet after driving 50k kms.
joshdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 13:44   #55
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,022
Thanked: 3,480 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
Ford's spares and maintenance cost is not as bad as its being perceived generally. I own a ford vehicle for 2+ years and havent faced any problem yet after driving 50k kms.
Nice that more and more people are being open about this.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 14:08   #56
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 205
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
. The flair model us still selling decently and I guess Ford will continue to sell it atleast for next 2-3 months.
Sorry for the typo above..I meant it as 2-3 years and not months.
joshdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 14:26   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 338 Times
Default

I absolutely love the ikon and have been using it for the past 2 and a half years. My dad recently wanted to upgrade his car and he too just bought an ikon .Need i say more ?
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 14:30   #58
BHPian
 
AirWind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 809
Thanked: 76 Times
Default

Play safe and pick up a Fiesta 1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Ford Ikon is almost 10yrs old model right? Is there any news of stoping it and launching new sedan in that price from ford stable?
The reason I am asking is, it is a good idea to buy this model now?
Esteem was in my mind but since its gone be replaced for sure in near future, the other option i thought if is this Ford Ikon. Not sure of resale value for ford. So, would like to know about it.
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 15:55   #59
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,752
Thanked: 7,471 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isacM View Post
couple of updates , I had done the teflon coating through spotfree solutions as suggested by vidyut [thanks vidyut and Ben ] , cost me Rs:2500 , I have taken the carcare club membership they had , the package includes teflon coating , detailed ! interior cleaning and an option of towing the vehicle with in the city limits [ hope I never had to use this ] , As far as the work is concerned I am satisfied , though the wax polish which they applied after teflon was half done due to time constraint and I can see that patches [planning to do the clean up this week end]

I had sunfilm [carryboy] through them as well again Rs2500 , Photos coming soon , Thanks to all of you again!
@isac: You got it done at their Malleswaram location? Would be great if you can give a more detailed write up on the process that they put the car through.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 18:07   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,270
Thanked: 1,235 Times
Default

I heard from Ford showroom today that the Ikon is selling this month with Insurance free. It works out to Rs 5.3 lacs on road, which is a great buy.
Not sure how much a petrol Accent costs these days, as I can still spot some new ones.
Even Fiesta comes with free insurance this month.

Last edited by vnabhi : 17th December 2007 at 18:08. Reason: spelling error
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ikon TDCI discontinued ? EDIT: Confirmed: Ford stops Ikon production greatmana2000 The Indian Car Scene 61 10th February 2011 19:20
Swift VDI/Ford Ikon D/Swift Dzire Diesel udit78 Hatchbacks 12 28th February 2009 23:54
Swift VXI - Delivery delayed by 3 weeks, Do I buy Ford Ikon? EDIT : Bought Swift Ldi nikunj_cal Hatchbacks 142 6th September 2007 14:12
Ford Ikon mod - fiesta head on ikon block? madhunm Modifications & Accessories 2 2nd July 2007 09:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks