Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2011, 11:55   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Dealer - Elite Motors, Bangalore - unprofessional

I think they have a branch on Hosur road as well, and when we visited them there was no SA interested in asking how can they help us. After catching hold of one of them all we got was a price list and a promise to give a TD next week which never happened, and neither did anyone called. Raised a request on VW web site and still no calls. If a manufacturer+dealer gives such treatment to its Jetta prospective customers i am not surprised the treatment dished out to new and existing customers.

Do raise the voice to the manufacturer and escalate as much as you can, hopefully that will help.
Old 22nd October 2011, 12:49   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f@lcon View Post
They have their own set of rules
1. Customers are not allowed to get finance from outside

eventually cancelled my booking of VentoTDi Highline.

Thats outrageous.

How can they force the customer to take finance from them? Am glad you cancelled the booking.

Here's my VW experience though not in banglore.

My dad goes to the showroom on aug15th for a vento highline. Everything good, TD vehicle not available. Promises TD within two days, no contact for a week.

I call them after one week, they apologise for the mis-communication, promises TD soon. Three days later get a call from VW, asking what time i would be free for a TD at my place. They were willing for only weekdays, office time. Hence i cancel my appointments, and say 3PM. 3pm comes and goes, no word from VW that entire day, SE doesnt attend my call.

Yet one week later get a call from VW, asking if they can bring the car for TD. I say ok, vehicle reaches as scheduled, impressed by the car. Narrates my experience with the SE, and he says " sir there is no incentive for SE for diesels. Hence no motivation to sell diesels !!!

I say " what crap". After the TD SE says he is late for another TD and will contact me the same day regarding booking. Till date, ie two months from the TD i havent got any call from either the SE or VW.

So what do i do? Petrol prices be damned, gift myself the king of C segment, the ANHC!!!
Old 22nd October 2011, 13:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmi.ahmad View Post
Is this what a customer should expect when walking into a Volkwagen Showroom?
The buying experience is really shambolic and I just don't get it why VW is doing little about it - well they have trained their staff on the product ( thats whats been publicised ) , when I got my Vento I felt that the only things that the SE knew were that the car had 4 wheels and an engine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Do raise the voice to the manufacturer and escalate as much as you can, hopefully that will help.
Yes , thats what should be done. From my personal experience , the service (A . S. S) has been much more pleasant than the buying experience. I don't think its worth compromising on your choice of car due to the buying experience only
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2011, 13:56   #34
BHPian

1st Service Experience at VW Downtown - Elite Motors Bangalore

Firstly, I think they should change their name - everything about Elite Motors is FAR FROM ELITE !!!! How about something more befitting like Downmarket - Crappy Motors.
Since my experience with the delivery of my Vento was such a nightmare and considering the lengthy feedback given to them, I was hoping that my 2nd experience would be better. Disappointed again :(:(:(
Since my car was due for service in the 1st week of October, I called the showroom to book my car in for service. Instantly, I was told that I had called the incorrect number and to call the Service Dept on a Mobile No.
I ask, don't they have an option to transfer the call considering that the showroom cum workshop is one of the smallest I have seen, the service area being just an extension of the showroom with a door separating the two.
I called the Service Dept and explained to the woman on the other end that I need to book an appointment for 1st service. Before I could even finish, I was told that there were no slots free for the day and the next. The lady didn't even ask for which day I needed the appointment and straight away the response is Sorry - all slots for service taken. I then requested for a slot for 7th Oct. She then asked me for my VIN No of my car. Since I did not have that info with me, I asked if I can provide any other info like Name / Reg No. The instant response was NO - SORRY - Please call back when you have the VIN No. Finally I had to tell her to hang on while I looked up my file and gave her the VIN No. The next thing I realize, the call was disconnected.
Not sure if my booking was confirmed, I called back and asked for the same lady I spoke to earlier. When asked why she disconnected the call, she had the audacity to tell me that there was nothing more to say as I had given the required details - VIN No and date for service. When I asked her why she did not inform me if my service booking was confirmed and what time I need to bring the car in, she says that the line gets disconnected when there is another call waiting and there is a problem with their telephone system.
Are these the unprofessional specimens Elite..sorry CRAPPY MOTORS employs and is this the UNPROFESSIONAL SUB-STANDARD dealer VW chose to represent them and sell their cars in Bangalore.
I asked to speak to a supervisor and after being told numerous excuses that no supervisor is available to take the call, and after being on hold for 20 long mins, I spoke to someone - didn't get his name, who apologized for his colleague's unprofessional behavior and confirmed my booking for 7th Oct.
I was there at the service bay at 9:30 and was attended to immediately by a service co-ordinator, who was polite and professional. He explained in detail, the things done at 1st service and gave an approximate cost of each. After all paperwork was done, I was told that my vehicle will be ready by 4:30 PM.
The only additional thing I asked him to do was to enable the AUTOLOCK feature at 15 KMPH which is disabled in most cars at the time of delivery. He had no idea what I was talking about and said that there is no such feature in the VENTO. I asked him to check with the Workshop In-charge about the same, which he said he will do and call me about it before the bill is finalized.
At 4:30 PM I was told that the car is being washed and to settle the bill in the meantime. Even after 2 previous unsatisfying experiences, trusting that they will do a good job, I paid my service bill of 10K without even taking a look at my car, post service. I asked him if the AUTOLOCK feature was enabled and again with confidence he told me that there is no such feature and his BOSS says so too. I then asked to speak to the Workshop IN-Charge myself.
Very conveniently as always, he is not there - busy doing a test drive. Finally at 5:30 I got to speak to him and he confirmed that there is the AUTOLOCK feature which can be enabled on customer request and is disabled at time of delivery to reduce WEAR AND TEAR. Didnt make a wee bit of sense to me. How can the AUTOLOCK which is standard feature increase wear and tear. The guy had no answer and the service co-ordinator was standing there grinning like a silly ***, saying he was not aware of the feature as he has never come across a customer who requested this earlier.
SO MUCH SO FOR PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE !!! Crappy Motors...Are these the IGNORANT FOOLS you employ and who are supposedly Service Co-Coordinators. I suggest you employ people who have in-depth knowledge of the product they are selling / servicing.
Coming back to the enabling of the AUTOLOCK, I was told that it couldn’t be done that day as the Service Request was closed and final billing was done. Moreover he said that it will take 2 hrs for the procedure.

Again, I am amazed at the audacity of the service staff who tell me to come back the next day or when my car has some other problem so that they can enable the feature then ( Is Crappy Motors hoping/waiting/praying for VW customers to have problems with their cars and in my case, soon after the 1st service, so that they can come back to them for a taste of DOWNMARKET / SUBSTANDARD service ).
I insisted that I am not leaving the place till the feature was enabled. I was asked to speak to the Service Manager. After listening to the whole episode, he apologized for the inconvenience and instructed his people for the feature to be enabled IMMEDIATELY. After a dressing down from the Manager, they reopened the service order and the feature was enabled in 15 mins.
Finally I drove out of Crappy Motors at 6PM, happy that I have my car back, but taking with me memories of another UNPROFESSIONAL /SUBSTANDARD experience.
VW INDIA…Please wake up to the fact that VW customers are not getting the customer experience befitting of your brand and do something about it…NOW !!!!
Old 22nd October 2011, 14:29   #35

Guys need advice, what action should we take against them for all the mess they have created.
Old 22nd October 2011, 14:53   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
If a manufacturer+dealer gives such treatment to its Jetta prospective customers i am not surprised the treatment dished out to new and existing customers.

This may be OT here but I complained on Ford Figos fb page about dealer playing with booking my car with Ford, in 3hrs I get a call from dealer saying he has booked my car and asking me to remove fb post.
Old 22nd October 2011, 15:49   #37
BHPian

Re: 1st Service Experience at VW Downtown - Elite Motors Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1376 View Post
She then asked me for my VIN No of my car. Since I did not have that info with me, I asked if I can provide any other info like Name / Reg No. The instant response was NO - SORRY - Please call back when you have the VIN No. Finally I had to tell her to hang on while I looked up my file and gave her the VIN No. The next thing I realize, the call was disconnected.
Not sure if my booking was confirmed, I called back and asked for the same lady I spoke to earlier. When asked why she disconnected the call, she had the audacity to tell me that there was nothing more to say as I had given the required details - VIN No and date for service. When I asked her why she did not inform me if my service booking was confirmed and what time I need to bring the car in, she says that the line gets disconnected when there is another call waiting and there is a problem with their telephone system.
This is far away from what is expected of a good service. Name + Vehicle number should be enough to book a service. They should also be able to provide vehicle history on phone (that would be my expectation at-least). This is not what one should live with after a 10L rupees car (and these are supposedly bad times, all the more reason people should be more careful when they service customers). Please lodge a formal complaint with them.

I understand service centers can be busy but I have always been accommodated and people worked beyond 6PM to deliver (at a different place - Toyota). I am not sure they require many many hours to service a brand new (1 year old) Vento- they could've accommodated.
Old 22nd October 2011, 22:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806
I think they have a branch on Hosur road as well, and when we visited them there was no SA interested in asking how can they help us. After catching hold of one of them all we got was a price list and a promise to give a TD next week which never happened, and neither did anyone called. Raised a request on VW web site and still no calls. If a manufacturer+dealer gives such treatment to its Jetta prospective customers i am not surprised the treatment dished out to new and existing customers.

Same here buddy. I tried for 2 months, innumerable calls, requests through website and finally a stinker mail to VW before I finally got a Jetta TD. They don't have a manual for TD yet, SA told me there is only one Auto HL for TD with them, and they will get manual variant after 2-3 months. I wonder how they expect people to plonk 17L of their hard earned money without even a proper TD.
Old 22nd October 2011, 22:53   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmi.ahmad View Post
Guys need advice, what action should we take against them for all the mess they have created.
Since you are from Bangalore , I would suggest get in touch with any or all of the BHP-ian Vento owners who would be able to advise you suitably -
evilshantanu , nileshch , prabhuferrari.

Many a times you need to avoid a bad apple SA to have an entirely different experience . From my own experience , the SA at VW workshops are glorified idiots so I speak to the shop floor guys directly - it helps ! Hope VWs training initiative helps in improving the experience.

@Ethan - We consumers need to share a huge amount of the blame for the attitude ! In this rat race I hope you have noticed how many bookings happen without even people seeing the car in flesh and TD'ing . Rupee is indeed a debased currency with a lot of it sloshing around so these car manufacturers can get away with sloppy practices
Old 14th November 2011, 10:19   #40
BHPian

Re: Vento Experience at VW Downtown (Elite Motors, Bangalore)

Good news for folks in Whitefield/ORR area. A new VW dealership, will be the 4th in town, is coming up on ORR in Mahadevapura, a few hundred meters from More in Mahadevapura. I saw the building, named 'Volkswagen Whitefield' getting ready and should be up in a few weeks. The building however looks small, acutally too small for a workshop - will be good if it comes with one.
Old 5th June 2012, 14:58   #41
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merril View Post
Thank you for your reply Swift Express. I noticed that there _is_ condensation at the inlet (or is it outlet) point of the pipe as well (when I took it to the service center 2 months earlier). I guess I better visit the service center and show this to them, as I do have a long trip planned this Friday and hope I wouldnt have to search for a VW service center in the hinterlands of KA.

Got the car to VW Downtown in B'lore (where I bought the car in the first place). Since I landed there without an appoinment, I told them it is a running repair and that I had some complaint about the turbo. One of the mechanics took the car for a test drive with me in it and told me that there wasnt any problem. I insisted that he check it out and finally left the car there for them to do a detailed inspection.

I also asked them to enable auto locking and unlocking while they were at it. They gave me an estimate of INR 2000 and on asking why, they said that the enabling of auto lock etc is a charged service. Does anyone know whether this is so and whether they do charge this high for this simple activation? Anyways, wasnt the car supposed to come with these activated in the first place?
Old 5th June 2012, 15:28   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know whether this is so and whether they do charge this high for this simple activation? Anyways, wasnt the car supposed to come with these activated in the first place?

VW Downtown is notorious on the charges for activation through VAG, they usually quote Rs 500/ feature. There are other places where it is done free of cost!

Cheers
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 15:36   #43
BHPian

Quote:

I also asked them to enable auto locking and unlocking while they were at it. They gave me an estimate of INR 2000 and on asking why, they said that the enabling of auto lock etc is a charged service. Does anyone know whether this is so and whether they do charge this high for this simple activation? Anyways, wasnt the car supposed to come with these activated in the first place?
This is totally illegal to ask money to activate these features.
I would recommend you to actually go and get it done and ask them to mention the same thing in their invoice.
then you should send this invoice to VW Top officials. I am sure there will be some action along with your money back.
i doubt if dealer would write these charges in invoice like this at first place.
Nicky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 15:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

Similar to what Nicky said but I think its better to write to Volkswagen customer care before you get the same since these are features which even if enabled after a few days won't make much of a difference . Inform VW customer care highlighting the greed, highlight that the dealer had not enabled the features prior to handing over the car , fwup to get a response - it will ensure that you are not asked to pay once you send your car.
I got mine done without any charges , we should not be asked to pay for something that was not done in the first place .

Quote:
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 18:29   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Got the car to VW Downtown in B'lore (where I bought the car in the first place).

I also asked them to enable auto locking and unlocking while they were at it. They gave me an estimate of INR 2000 and on asking why, they said that the enabling of auto lock etc is a charged service.
2000 is atrocious for a job that is essentially free. Give your car to VW Palace Cross. They will do it for free and will take 5 minutes to do it!
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks