Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2013, 21:28   #331
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - Discussion Thread

I don't know about you guys but I definitely don't want this in my kizashi.

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - Discussion Thread-img_201305263750.jpg

Note:- For those who didn't understand that switch indicates the presence of a CNG kit in the car. And no that is obviously not my car.
Old 27th May 2013, 14:45   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
I don't know about you guys but I definitely don't want this in my kizashi.
Note:- For those who didn't understand that switch indicates the presence of a CNG kit in the car. And no that is obviously not my car.
I can understand where you are coming from, but don't you think the person who did this is having the best of both worlds, having such a well sorted and powerful car AND being able to afford the fuel bills as well? With the kind of FE the Kizashy gives, anyone having a monthly running greater than 1K KM's will have pretty decent savings with such a setup.

And to please the enthusiast inside you, you always have the option of switching it off
Old 27th May 2013, 14:58   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Basically I would have liked the CNG kit it if it were a factory fit kit. That would make it a perfect package. But definitely I wouldnt have let either the dealer or any other agency meddle with the car for such a modification. That would require tampering with so many components and also the fear of losing warranty given that replacement parts are expensive. So in the same way, I think Rockporiom would not want someone to meddle with the kizashi in such a manner.
Old 27th May 2013, 15:05   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
I can understand where you are coming from, but don't you think the person who did this is having the best of both worlds, having such a well sorted and powerful car AND being able to afford the fuel bills as well? With the kind of FE the Kizashy gives, anyone having a monthly running greater than 1K KM's will have pretty decent savings with such a setup.

And to please the enthusiast inside you, you always have the option of switching it off
I don't think so. There will definitely be an impact on performance plus the amount of wear and tear will be more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Basically I would have liked the CNG kit it if it were a factory fit kit. That would make it a perfect package. But definitely I wouldnt have let either the dealer or any other agency meddle with the car for such a modification. That would require tampering with so many components and also the fear of losing warranty given that replacement parts are expensive. So in the same way, I think Rockporiom would not want someone to meddle with the kizashi in such a manner.
Absolutely right, I simply can't understand how the owner took such a risk.

Last edited by rockporiom : 27th May 2013 at 15:09.
Old 31st May 2013, 23:57   #335
BHPian

I don't know what the availability scenario for the Kizashi is , but anyone in Pune looking for a Kizashi, there is a white Kizashi in stock with Mahalaxmi motors, Mundhwa and they indicated they'd sell it for around 16 lac OTR price.

It's the first Kiazashi I saw , never seen one on the roads - or maybe never noticed one since it's not exactly eye-catching, but it does look like a pretty well-built car for a Suzuki. For that price, it better be!
Old 1st June 2013, 00:27   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
since it's not exactly eye-catching, but it does look like a pretty well-built car for a Suzuki. For that price, it better be!
Personally I think it's the best looking sedan in its class! I mean the competition is downright boring to look at- superb, Honda accord, passat, camrys of the world?

The backside is seriously Kim kardashianish!
bobbafett is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2013, 00:31   #337
Senior - BHPian

This is beginning to sound like the Fiat Linea T-Jet thread. Maruti / Dealers rather put them up on E-bay and auction the cars!
Old 1st June 2013, 00:59   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post
Personally I think it's the best looking sedan in its class! I mean the competition is downright boring to look at- superb, Honda accord, passat, camrys of the world?

The backside is seriously Kim kardashianish!
The car was backed up against the wall, so I couldn't have a look at the rear end, the front end was not bad at all, projector lamp and all . I'm not saying it's ugly, but it's not eye-catching either.

The rest of the class isn't much of a good looking bunch either save for the Accord and Jetta. Somehow, Toyota manages to make the most staid, plain Jane cars of all. Not one of the Toyotas inspire a feel-good feeling about the styling, IMO.

Getting back on topic, it's evident that Maruti doesn't sell expensive cars but I suspect it's not only that people don't want to spend 20 lacs on a petrol sedan, but that Maruti doesn't market the premium vehicles well. Probably they didn't bother since they're CBUs and were merely testing the waters, but then again , you have to market it properly.
Old 23rd June 2013, 21:07   #339

I Test drove the Kizashi today and found it to be an amazing car. Spectra Motors had promised me discounts but did not offer any great deal. He said he could give a max of 1.5 lacs off for a CVT. Also he mentioned that heavy discounts are on only for manual cars as CVTs are still much demanded.

Is that true? I am interested in a CVT in Mumbai and Spectra was arranging one from Delhi since they did not have any stock in Mumbai. Interestingly he also mentioned that Maruti is not phasing out the car and imports are still on based on orders received. When asked Why the Discounting? Reason is unsold stock of 2011-12 being cleared which no longer exists now atleast for CVT.

Can anyone help with a dealer in Mumbai ready to offer a CVT for a price upto 16 Lacs?
Old 24th June 2013, 23:43   #340
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsundep View Post
I Test drove the Kizashi today and found it to be an amazing car. Spectra Motors had promised me discounts but did not offer any great deal. He said he could give a max of 1.5 lacs off for a CVT. Also he mentioned that heavy discounts are on only for manual cars as CVTs are still much demanded.

Is that true? I am interested in a CVT in Mumbai and Spectra was arranging one from Delhi since they did not have any stock in Mumbai. Interestingly he also mentioned that Maruti is not phasing out the car and imports are still on based on orders received. When asked Why the Discounting? Reason is unsold stock of 2011-12 being cleared which no longer exists now atleast for CVT.

Can anyone help with a dealer in Mumbai ready to offer a CVT for a price upto 16 Lacs?
It really is breathtaking.

Suzuki officially announced a 5 lac discount on all old stock some have managed to get more, others have been told by dealers that it is only on "11 stock blah blah or in your case that it is only on manual cars. All that is nonsense as long as it is old stock, manual or auto, the 5 lac discount is on.

Yes the car is not at all being discontinued and it will still be imported on order so any fears about parts etc should be put down.
I do not know about availability of stock let alone in Bombay particularly but all the old stock in Hyderabad is finished and as far as I know it is the same case in Delhi NCR so if you are convinced enough, go for it. Don't bother dwelling on how much of a discount some of us have got simply try haggling as much as you feel you can and then give in. You should be pleased with the car

Good luck
Old 25th June 2013, 01:09   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
It really is breathtaking.

Suzuki officially announced a 5 lac discount on all old stock some have managed to get more, others have been told by dealers that it is only on "11 stock blah blah or in your case that it is only on manual cars. All that is nonsense as long as it is old stock, manual or auto, the 5 lac discount is on.

Yes the car is not at all being discontinued and it will still be imported on order so any fears about parts etc should be put down.
I do not know about availability of stock let alone in Bombay particularly but all the old stock in Hyderabad is finished and as far as I know it is the same case in Delhi NCR so if you are convinced enough, go for it. Don't bother dwelling on how much of a discount some of us have got simply try haggling as much as you feel you can and then give in. You should be pleased with the car

Good luck
So what is the best deal one could get on Kizashi now ? In Delhi NCR...
Would appreciate if some could get approx on road price after discounts and all...A close friend of mine is looking to buy Altis petrol...G variant in MT...
Old 26th June 2013, 15:35   #342
Senior - BHPian

At 2:15PM today, spotted a black Kizashi on OMR - came from Jain college direction and took a U-turn at Mettukuppam (opposite the golf course).
Looked really awesome, but sped away before I could get the phone-cam ready. Any tbhp-ian owned car ?

This is a seriously hot and capable car. Just wish MSIL decides to market this seriously by arriving at a logical price for this CBU.
Old 26th June 2013, 16:31   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
At 2:15PM today, spotted a black Kizashi on OMR - came from Jain college direction and took a U-turn at Mettukuppam (opposite the golf course).
Looked really awesome, but sped away before I could get the phone-cam ready. Any tbhp-ian owned car ?

This is a seriously hot and capable car. Just wish MSIL decides to market this seriously by arriving at a logical price for this CBU.
I am confused hasn't this vehicle been discontinued? or did I miss some big piece of news regarding a re-launch of the Kizashi?
Old 26th June 2013, 17:13   #344
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I am confused hasn't this vehicle been discontinued? or did I miss some big piece of news regarding a re-launch of the Kizashi?
This has already been discussed in length. The car is still going to be sold on order so no, it is not being discontinued and there are no future plans of it either. Remember that while Suzuki has pulled out of the US and needs to pull its socks up with regard to certain auto segments, the company is still extremely profitable so the failure of the Kizashi should not be such a hard blow to them (financially and logically speaking)
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 18:39   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
the company is still extremely profitable so the failure of the Kizashi should not be such a hard blow to them (financially and logically speaking)

This statement is partially true as Suzuki Worldwide is not necessarily in good shape. Its total profit (converted to INR) for 2013 is Rs.53 billion, out of which Rs.23 billion is Maruti-Suzuki's profit contribution. And, then there is hefty royalty (Rs.25.5 million in 2012) on the engines that Maruti-Suzuki pays to Suzuki. This all means that it is because of Maruti Suzuki, read Indian operations, the Japanese parent company is able to show profit on its financials, read basically survive, lest the ROI investment would not be there to run any business.

Moreover, Suzuki is marginal player in most countries except, a few in Asia & 1 or 2 Europe (basically East European countries) & another in Central America. Further, it was making losses on US operations, due to which it had to exit the biggest auto market & its position in Europe isn't very good. I would reiterate Suzuki is surviving because of Indian operation, which is not just the backbone, but basically the body of the Suzuki, except the mind (BoD) which is in Japan, of course.

So I conclude Maruti Suzuki is profitable as you said , but, Suzuki worldwide is not.

(All figures re extracted from respective websites)
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks