Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2013, 11:22   #31

Re: Chandigarh consumer redressal commission orders 6-Month jail term for Tata Motors

I had a similar issue with my Tata Manza Aura, there was a technical failure in the vehicle and due to that the engine halts as soon as I touch 60 KMPH and the dealers rather than repairing have disconnected the Immobilizer even after repeated complaints they did not rectify it. Finally a Legal Notice did the magic and they replaced the ECU and Immobilizer parts but still the problem persists. I have filed my case with the Consumer Forum, Hyderabad for same, If any one know the Case No. it would be of great help.
Old 10th June 2013, 20:46   #32
BHPian

Re: Chandigarh consumer redressal commission orders 6-Month jail term for Tata Motors

With due respect to all you fellow BHPians I would like to express my contrasting views to you'll.

I don't think it's the job of an MD to look behind customer complaints. Considering more than 10K vehicles are sold every month and the company is in passenger vehicles business since the last 15 years, they have a million customers on road.

Imaging the service center treats 10% of them badly and 1 wins a court battle!

Instead why not follow the proven, tested and most reliable method of complaining to the company via website or customer care no.

Benefits are they track your chassis no and enter your complaint in their database. If you are not satisfied they have to mandatorily satisfy your concern. Also you don't have to go through the hassles of fighting with those uneducated service mechanics.

Please share your experiences and feel free to criticize me.
Old 11th June 2013, 16:52   #33
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^

I my view the escalation flow should be as follows.

1) Complain / report issue to Service Centre. - In the absence of a solution -->
2) Ask to speak to the GM of the Service Centre and report the same issue again. - In the absence of a solution -->
3) Ask to be put in touch with Car Vendor / Company or ask for their official response in writing to the issue in concern.
4) In parallel to "3" report the same issue through the official help line and on line help desk - In the absence of a solution -->
5) Report the issue on Team BHP - Share on the companies face book page - Basically go online -->
6) The company should by now already be in touch with you. If you still do not get a resolution the you would have to threaten them with going to consumer court and site various case where the verdict for similar issues was in favour of the complainant with the company having to pay a penalty. (News Paper Clippings / Online Reports would do just fine.)
7) Go to Consumer Court. - Yes it definitely should be a last resort if all the above and any other available recourse is availed.
Old 11th June 2013, 17:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion rather than holding MD accountable ,the court should have imposed a heavy penalty (which really hurts) like a million dollars.
Heavy fines will force auto companies to fall in-line and improve quality of product and service as none of them likes bad publicity
Old 11th June 2013, 23:03   #35
Senior - BHPian

The courts today are pretty stupid and would like to make some or the other media sensation, so that the judge's name can be seen on the front page of every thrashy newspaper and funny channels.

Imagine, jailing the MD for a car failure. Like wise why didnt they think of jailing Manmohan or Sonia for the big scams their ministers did? Are they not accountable for their ministers?
Old 12th June 2013, 11:53   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigautobuff View Post
...I don't think it's the job of an MD to look behind customer complaints...
Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
...Imagine, jailing the MD for a car failure...
He has not been ordered a jail term for car failure. He has been ordered a jail term for not honouring a court summon to appear in a hearing. It is for contempt of court.
lucifer1881 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 18:06   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1881 View Post
He has not been ordered a jail term for car failure. He has been ordered a jail term for not honouring a court summon to appear in a hearing. It is for contempt of court.
Correct. Agree it is not the job of an MD to look at customer complaints, but definitely needs to comply with court orders or have it actioned. It's not that an MD can wash off hands completely. If they really cared and were willing, then he can have someone down the chain attend to the customer complaint too, just like how it happens in my company. Read this very interesting article on why attending customer complaints is important!

The $4 million complaint call
http://www.inc.com/ron-burley/4-mill...aint-call.html
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 09:46   #38
Senior - BHPian

On a related note, but not related to automobiles, where is the court when Mr Vijay Mallya blatantly disregards all norms of civilized, ethical behaviour, leaves his airline and thousands of employees in the ditch, doesn't pay his vendors, some of them who are currently bankrupt, and to top it all, collects tax deduction at source from employee salaries, and conveniently forgets to deposit it with the government, ensuring that the shameless government is now sending income tax payment notices to poor employees which are now amounting to lakhs per employee, the poor souls who have not been paid for over a year!!!
He has not paid banks for loans amounting to 12000 crores, and yet the govt and courts don't rule against Mr Mallya, who is happily jetting around the world, sipping champagne and sponsoring Formula 1 races, when his employees are bankrupt, or committing suicides!!!
Any other 'civilized' country this low life would be rotting in jail and penniless, but not here. India we can only call bosses of ethical companies to the dock, we let go of crooks because, how else will the politicians protect themselves instead.
apachelongbow is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 10:34   #39
BHPian

^ Was no one brought under the dock for the KF fiasco? That's really appalling.
Old 30th January 2014, 17:56   #40
BHPian

it all boils down to how much greasing one does at what level.

I suppse there was also a case against a construction business guy in Mumbai for siphoning off employees PF money, well as we say "IT ONLY HAPPENS IN INDIA"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks