Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2010, 19:11   #511
BHPian

I was told by the sales guy at India Garage , the local Mahindra dealer that Di Turbo has been discontinued in BS4 cities.
Old 12th May 2011, 18:52   #512
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (New-look Pics Added on Page 36)

The Bolero continues its unchallenged domination in the UV space:

- The Bolero is yet again the highest selling UV in India for the 5th consecutive year with sales of 83,121 units during FY 2010-11 as against 70,554 units during FY 2009-10, registering a growth of 18%. This is also its highest ever annual sales since inception.

- The Scorpio has achieved sales of 43,438 units during FY 2010-11 which are its highest since launch. This is in comparison to 36,463 units during FY 2009-10, a growth of 19%.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 19:53   #513
Senior - BHPian

re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (New-look Pics Added on Page 36)

Bolero is the preferred SUV in semi urban areas and also in urban areas where people are looking for an alternative to low end sedans.

Its my dream vehicle and i would love to own it someday.
However its also the most desired vehicle for Car thieves along with Scorpio and Pajero.
We have some many threads discussing the same.

What is Mahindra doing on those grounds?

Can we have a GPS device (Which can also run on Battery backup in case its disconnected from main battery ) integrated in the Chassis of the vehicle so that it can be tamper proof?

Is this very difficult to do?
Old 19th May 2011, 03:10   #514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Can we have a GPS device (Which can also run on Battery backup in case its disconnected from main battery ) integrated in the Chassis of the vehicle so that it can be tamper proof?

Is this very difficult to do?
You might wanna read this - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ts-inside.html
Old 19th May 2011, 03:19   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

@ Dryice - Already gone thorough that and it was that thread which should Inspire Mahindra in designing Tamper proof GPS devices.

Also if you read that thread, crooks were unaware of GPS device being present in it, what about people like Nusrat ( Story of Pajero theft ) who are expert car lifters and who are well versed in bypassing such devices.
Old 19th May 2011, 03:26   #516
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also if you read that thread, crooks were unaware of GPS device being present in it, what about people like Nusrat ( Story of Pajero theft ) who are expert car lifters and who are well versed in bypassing such devices.
Well, its a catch 22 situation really, if manufacturers start offering GPS trackers, it won't be long before thieves would be disabling them eyes closed!

Mahindra is doing a lot better than others by offering to track its vehicles, if stolen, through service centers(incase the stolen vehicle comes in). Yet to hear a success story though.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 19th May 2011 at 03:28.
Old 19th May 2011, 03:31   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
But if the device is hidden and inaccesible, thieves will have a hard time getting around it.

Its like Viruses, Anti virus guys have to constantly keep fixing the loopholes.

I guess we are getting a bit , but this is a valid issue as far as Bolero is concerned, anyone who is aquainted with Tbhp will think about this issue zillion times before buying one.

Last edited by silverado : 19th May 2011 at 03:32. Reason: wrong entry
Old 19th May 2011, 03:39   #518
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But if the device is hidden and inaccesible, thieves will have a hard time getting around it.

Its like Viruses, Anti virus guys have to constantly keep fixing the loopholes.

I guess we are getting a bit , but this is a valid issue as far as Bolero is concerned, anyone who is aquainted with Tbhp will think about this issue zillion times before buying one.
Wouldn't the jammers used to block cell phone signals work for GPS signals too? Anyway, agreed we are going OT here.
Old 9th July 2011, 11:35   #519
AWD
BHPian

Don't know whether this has been already posted but new for me: Some exclusive pics:
Autocar India Forum: Spied:Mahindra Bolero 'REFRESH'-Bolero zlx

Nice improvements...
Old 9th July 2011, 12:18   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Don't know whether this has been already posted but new for me: Some exclusive pics:
Autocar India Forum: Spied:Mahindra Bolero 'REFRESH'-Bolero zlx

Nice improvements...
Looks really horrible. Especially the front grill and headlights.

I wonder what has happened to M&M engineers/designers. They making the products uglier with each refresh. Take the case of Scorpio and now Bolero
Old 9th July 2011, 12:28   #521
BANNED

WHY!! OH WHY!!

The are killing the hope of diehard Bolero fans. I was thinking maybe just maybe this time they got it right.

But I guess it will still work.
Old 9th July 2011, 15:01   #522
BHPian

As said, if M&M has improved fit and finish, better NVH and price it right, then it will keep many interested. I also believe zlx is with the new engine. Seats from Xylo is a good step forward.
Hope they have incorporated foldable back seats.
Old 9th July 2011, 16:56   #523
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Looks really horrible. Especially the front grill and headlights.
Overall maybe yes but the changes to the Interiors, meter, steering, etc. are welcome. So, its not what ideally should have been but something is better than nothing!

Hope the engine & drive live upto a so called "upgrade".
Old 9th July 2011, 17:11   #524
Senior - BHPian

its another face lift to make profits and clear the stock before the ALL NEW BOLERO comes.

i doubt if it will ever come, as the bolero is a rural market vehicle and not yet ubanised.

the minor face lift, im sure is done by the in house mahindra customisation headed by ever long lasting and un inspired JS Nanda Ji.

guys get a little bit of inspiration...

picking up pieces from bins of other MM vehicles and using them is a clever idea to save costs but nothing else!

looks like the guys working on the Bolero have reached the end of their imagination or creativity!
Old 9th July 2011, 17:37   #525
BHPian

Honestly, the new instrument console looks cleanly lifted from a 1970's sedan and the central console looks damn dirt cheap. A handsome vehicle has been destroyed by the fools at Mahindra

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks