Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2016, 17:20   #781
BHPian

Re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93000BHP View Post
Have got all 5 doors damped. Thinking of rear spacers addition to match the front track.
Was the door damping to keep the noise out? Can you spare some details?
Been thinking of the wheel spacers for a while. Not sure of the safety part. Please let us know how it turns out...when you do.

Thanks,

-- Torqy
Old 19th June 2016, 17:33   #782
BHPian

Hi Torqy,
Yes the door damping was to reduce some noise inside the cabin. The other car is a Fabia 1.6.
So tried to get some 'thud' as well 😉. Total damage for damp mat is about 12K. There is an improvement in the cabin though.
Still thinking about the spacers . Shall update if and when installed.
93000BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 20:33   #783
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daywiz View Post
Just a curious question. Why can't they plonk in mDI CRDe from the Xylo into the Bolero in the upcoming minor facelift,
The current change is to reduce the 170mm in length and bring it under 2000 CC to benefit from the reduced excise duty slab for less than 1500cc deisel and less than 4 meter length. Putting the MDI cRDe engine from the Xylo won't help. The cheapest way to get more power in the Bolero is to put the Scorpio M2DI engine which is essentially the MDi3200TC Bolero engine with Chain Driver (for higher RPM and less NVH) and a tweaked pump. The power output was about 75 bhp but higher rev limit compared to the MDI3200 TC. This would have been the cheapest way to put more power into the Bolero range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Been thinking of the wheel spacers for a while. Not sure of the safety part.
My Thar DI has Bolero axles and am running aluminum spacers with longer bolts. It actually looks much better than the lobster look with alloys the Bolero has.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 10:06   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
My Thar DI has Bolero axles and am running aluminum spacers with longer bolts. It actually looks much better than the lobster look with alloys the Bolero has.
How long have you been running with the spacers? Been on long drives at highway speeds with full load? Do they play foul with the suspension? Turning radius? Where did you buy from? (Sorry, too many questions.) Internet is full of mixed reviews regarding their safety.

Thanks,

-- Torqy
Old 20th June 2016, 11:06   #785
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How long have you been running with the spacers?
I have had them for more than 20K kilometers. On Road, Off-Road, Highway, etc etc. No issues so far.
Quote:
Been on long drives at highway speeds with full load?
Yes. No issues
Quote:
Do they play foul with the suspension? Turning radius?
No suspension fouling. Turning radius slightly improves since the track is now wider by to inches.
Quote:
Where did you buy from? (Sorry, too many questions.)
Rogeotech Coimbatore.

Quote:
Internet is full of mixed reviews regarding their safety.
Essentially there are two kinds of spacers. One type is one you use whenyou need to change the PCD. This has one set of bolts on the inner side matching the vehicle PCD, and another set on the outer side matching the new PCD you want. These have to be machined correctly and if not done correctly they can break/crack.

The second type which I am using is just like a big washer with only holes matching the PCD. All you need to do is replace your wheel bolts with longer bolts which will allow the spacer to sit in between the hub and the wheel. As long as it is designed properly like the original hub there are no issues. There is a slight projection to hold the wheel to the hub on the hub. This must be replicated identically on the spacer. If not done correctly your wheel will wobble at higher speeds.
Old 20th June 2016, 11:42   #786
BHPian

Is the one from Roger tech hubcentric?
Old 20th June 2016, 15:50   #787
Team-BHP Support

Recently completed 70K kilometers on my Bolero LX 4WD. It is going strong and as reliable as ever. Sharing a few pics -

India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)-img_20160612_144354.jpg

India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)-img_20160612_144741.jpg

India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)-img_20160612_144814.jpg

India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)-img_20160612_145320.jpg
BlackPearl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 22:45   #788
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93000BHP View Post
Is the one from Roger tech hubcentric?
Yes. It has a small projection to center rim on the spacer just as on the original hub..
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 15:09   #789
BHPian

Hey Guys,
I own DI-AC, 7 seater, Manual Steering, All leaf spring model with extended wheelbase.
  • I'm not happy with stock bulbs in DI-AC. Could anyone please suggest a better upgrade to stock ones?
  • From day one vehicle was pulling to left while driving. Pull to the left was so strong that I used to hold steering to keep vehicle in lane. In each service ASC tried to correct the handling and improved it in some extent. ASC took 3 services and 30000 KM to correct it to the perfection. Now car is at 38000KM on odo. Front Left wheel has started wearing out. Last I asked ASC to do wheel alignment & balancing. I got reply saying - "It is not necessary for Leaf spring vehicles". Is it so? Can't we do wheel alignment & balancing in Leaf spring vehicles? Any inputs here are appreciated.
Old 29th June 2016, 16:40   #790
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
I'm not happy with stock bulbs in DI-AC. Could anyone please suggest a better upgrade to stock ones?
You can upgrade to 90/100 Watt bulbs with hella wiring kit which doesn't require any stock wires to be sliced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
Last I asked ASC to do wheel alignment & balancing. I got reply saying - "It is not necessary for Leaf spring vehicles". Is it so? Can't we do wheel alignment & balancing in Leaf spring vehicles? Any inputs here are appreciated.
You can do wheel alignment and balancing for solid leaf spring vehicles too. Get it done at a good shop outside if your ASC is incapable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks