Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2009, 17:09   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford Ikon & Fiesta. Period.

I feel very bad that these cars are not selling that much. Damn the expensive service cost.

P.S: I can't believe that the Accent has entered this thread. It's nowhere as involving to drive like the Ikon.
Old 15th May 2009, 17:14   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Ford Ikon & Fiesta. Period.

I feel very bad that these cars are not selling that much. Damn the expensive service cost.

P.S: I can't believe that the Accent has entered this thread. It's nowhere as involving to drive like the Ikon.
i remember seeing a top gear episode where they covered accent, it was declared the most useless car ever (no offense to accent lovers). Maybe the indian version was a pleasure to drive as compared to euro version reviewed on top gear. On the same note ford fiesta/focus hatches have received rave reviews from top/fifth gear
Old 12th July 2011, 09:52   #63
BHPian

Re: Driver's Delight - Best driver's car under 10 L

Hello everyone,

Bumping this thread up as my request was very similar to this, so thought it better to continue here..

Just wanted to know what Bhpians think is the best driver's car (hatch or sedan or petrol or diesel) within 10 Lakhs on Indian roads in the current scenario..

With the New Ford Fiesta, Polo 1.6 and a few others (!?!) that have now entered the fray, wanted to know if these are worthy contenders to be considered a driver's delight..

Thanks much!
Old 13th July 2011, 15:14   #64
BHPian

Probably the new Ford Fiesta. It used to be the Fiesta S, but since that is now gone im guessing the only Contender is the new Fiesta (though as per reports so far, the engine seems a bit of a downgrade in responsiveness)
Old 13th July 2011, 15:22   #65
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

The Optra Magnum is a pleasure to drive. Don't know why it has not been in the list of driving enthusiasts. In the present scenario, no car gets closer to the thrilling experience of the old Honda City V-Tec, Maruti Baleno, Mitsubishi Lancer, Ford Ikon 1.6 and Fiat Palio 1.6. The new Fiesta, Fiat Linea T-Jet and the Polo 1.6 are the closest one can get now. There's no doubting the newer car's potentials but the very essence of spirited driving is missing since the Palio 1.6 and OHC V-Tec days.
Old 14th July 2011, 00:33   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
i remember seeing a top gear episode where they covered accent, it was declared the most useless car ever (no offense to accent lovers). Maybe the indian version was a pleasure to drive as compared to euro version reviewed on top gear. On the same note ford fiesta/focus hatches have received rave reviews from top/fifth gear
If I recall correct, they rechristened it the Hyundai Accident
Old 14th July 2011, 01:01   #67
Senior - BHPian

For me it is

- Maruti 800
- Alto K10
- Swift diesel & petrol
- Figo diesel
- Polo
- Fiesta classic
- Punto

Of course I haven't driven many cars like Linea, SX4, ANHC, Scorpio, Vento, Dezire, Ikon.

(I don't subscribe to preconceived notions about what constitutes a "drivers car" in terms of paper figures like bhp etc etc. If it feels great to drive then it is a drivers car, for me).
Old 14th July 2011, 10:48   #68
Senior - BHPian

IMO this thread is obsolete and needs to be closed. It is currently on the verge of spanning 3 generations of cars - starting with the original driver's cars like Baleno/OHC/Ikon to the next generation Fiesta/Cedia etc and now to the new Fiesta/ANHC etc.

Maybe a new thread can be opened to debate the best driver's cars under 10L available today. That is, if there are cars that can pleasure like the 1st gen cars.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks