Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 22:15   #46
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT but any Idea what is this Drivetech4 of Indica Vista
Old 18th May 2010, 22:28   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Nice pictures Nick & Fordmanchau. Thanks for sharing them.

I think I haven't missed much by skipping to attend this Auto Show!
Thanks Nazim bhai, there are some more pics to post, but you definitely didn't miss much at all.It was a disappointment as everybody has mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Slightly OT but any Idea what is this Drivetech4 of Indica Vista
Anirudh bhai,
this is what I found out about Drivetech4 on zigwheels. I feel "4" is for BS-IV compliance, but if you read below, they are also offering BS-III engines, so my feeling goes for a toss

"The Indica Vista Drivetech4 comes with a specially designed Eurotech gearbox mated to an option between either the brilliant Safire petrol engine or the even better Quadrajet diesel mill. The Eurotech gearbox has been designed to deliver higher torque at lower RPM, while at the same time, reducing vibration and improving the gear shifting experience. Tata says that this should also help increase engine life while the cooled exhaust gas recirculation system should also go a long way in reducing emission. But the best part is that all these refinements are not just being offered on the BS IV compliant engines, but the BS-III engines as well.

Apart from the improvements to the mechanicals, the Indica Vista Drivetech4 also features a 4-spoke tilt adjustable steering wheel as well as a high-adjustable dirver's seat. In the back, a 60:40-split rear bench which flips and folds opens up additional storage space for carrying more cargo. On the toys front, this upgrade finally gets the integrated 2-DIN stereo system with the Blue 5 mobile phone integration over Bluetooth and a USB port which we had first seen on the new Indigo Manza. The Drivetech4 also offers driver and passenger airbags and an Anti-lock braking system (ABS) for enhanced safety.

Pricing is of course one of Tata's strongest suites and it's the same story with the Indica Vista Drivetech4. The Safire petrol range starts from Rs. 3.57-lakh while the brilliant Quadrajet diesel range starts at Rs. 4.4-lakh (both prices ex-showroom Delhi). "

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 18th May 2010 at 22:31.
Old 18th May 2010, 22:39   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Anirudh bhai,
this is what I found out about Drivetech4 on zigwheels. I feel "4" is for BS-IV compliance, but if you read below, they are also offering BS-III engines, so my feeling goes for a toss

"The Indica Vista Drivetech4 comes with a specially designed Eurotech gearbox mated to an option between either the brilliant Safire petrol engine or the even better Quadrajet diesel mill. The Eurotech gearbox has been designed to deliver higher torque at lower RPM, while at the same time, reducing vibration and improving the gear shifting experience. Tata says that this should also help increase engine life while the cooled exhaust gas recirculation system should also go a long way in reducing emission. But the best part is that all these refinements are not just being offered on the BS IV compliant engines, but the BS-III engines as well.

Apart from the improvements to the mechanicals, the Indica Vista Drivetech4 also features a 4-spoke tilt adjustable steering wheel as well as a high-adjustable dirver's seat. In the back, a 60:40-split rear bench which flips and folds opens up additional storage space for carrying more cargo. On the toys front, this upgrade finally gets the integrated 2-DIN stereo system with the Blue 5 mobile phone integration over Bluetooth and a USB port which we had first seen on the new Indigo Manza. The Drivetech4 also offers driver and passenger airbags and an Anti-lock braking system (ABS) for enhanced safety.

Pricing is of course one of Tata's strongest suites and it's the same story with the Indica Vista Drivetech4. The Safire petrol range starts from Rs. 3.57-lakh while the brilliant Quadrajet diesel range starts at Rs. 4.4-lakh (both prices ex-showroom Delhi). "
And all this while after seeing the ad, I thought may be they have a 1.4 ~1.6 Litre Petrol developing about 100 horse making it a hot hatch. So much for wishful thinking !
Old 19th May 2010, 00:10   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
but it was a let down when compared with last years auto show.
well, buddy this was the first auto show in Hyderabad where the industry participated, other than dealer's participation.
(but I guess that don't matters to end users)

Hope you understand.
Old 19th May 2010, 00:30   #50
Senior - BHPian

Nick..CII approached us for Vintage Cars and Bikes and refused to give any of our Vintage beauties as we are tied up with HIAS.
HIAS show last year was a hit and this South India show is no where.
This yeae the HIAS will even more rock as bigger of the biggies are participating.
Ofc we will be putting our best vintage automobiles.

I dont think 50000 people visited the South India show.Probably 10000 odd..There was no media coverage or TV snippets.It was a poor show in the end and i feel it should not return to Hyd.
HIAS is the only one and only show for Hyderabadis.
I represent Deccan Heritage Automobile Association (DHAA)
Old 19th May 2010, 00:59   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post

well guys, I guess this show was a disappointment for those people who were comparing this show with "THE AUTO EXPO", guys you can only compare an apple with an apple , you cant compare an apple with an orange.

The legacy of Auto Expo is 25 years old, and its a B2B & B2C Show.
The purpose of this show was to get only the B2C visitors.

But to let off your disappointment, we are planning to have a same show next or may be in 2012 with ofcourse a large number of manufactures participating.

Chill, this was a regional show guys, and as compared to other regional shows, this show was a hit, we only expected (I work with SIAM) 50000 visitors, and they came, exactly 50000.
Forget the marketing hype and jargon. No one was comparing apples to oranges. If the purpose of your show was to get B2C, you failed miserably.

- please see what Pulsar had directed your attention to . . . . you will realise that he and others were comparing this years show by you to last year's show which had excellent participation and attendance. Incidentally last years show was in Hyderabad not in Frankfurt.

If you want to conduct "regional" shows please do so but make sure that they are of better quality. If you think only certain centres deserve good shows please restrict your activities to those centres and do not venture into other places. "Regional" (as you so condescendingly put it) or not, the show was a big blooper by all accounts.

Just for your info - no one in Hyderabad is interested in a "Regional show" so if you guys cannot deliver world class shows - may I suggest Jhumru-Talaaya, Bhowani Junction or Khai-mangda as your next venue. Timbuctoo might or might not be interested in your show.

Quote:
Link to details/Pics of the last show:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ow-2009-a.html

Hoping that this time it would be better!
Unfortunately no one seems to have paid any attention to what Pulsar had to say. The event would have been better if they did.

Quote:
well, buddy this was the first auto show in Hyderabad where the industry participated, other than dealer's participation.
(but I guess that don't matters to end users)

Hope you understand.
No, we do not understand. If the dealers put up a better show than the manufacturers let us have more and better shows by the dealers.

Quote:
I think I haven't missed much by skipping to attend this Auto Show!
My thoughts exactly. Just saved ourselves a couple of hundred and a few hours of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
HIAS show last year was a hit and this South India show is no where.
This yeae the HIAS will even more rock as bigger of the biggies are participating.

I dont think 50000 people visited the South India show.Probably 10000 odd..
+1 to what Ram and Pulsar have been trying to get across all along.

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 19th May 2010 at 01:13.
Old 19th May 2010, 10:17   #52
BHPian

Hi Ravendra !

the Hyderabad media, transport department Hyderabad and many people think that the show was a hit, (even our stats shows that this show was a hit), if you dont believe and if some more people say that was a bad show, let it be, it a free country, everyone has a right to give their views.
I respect your views.

--nick17s--
Old 19th May 2010, 12:23   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ravendra !

the Hyderabad media, transport department Hyderabad and many people think that the show was a hit, (even our stats shows that this show was a hit), if you dont believe and if some more people say that was a bad show, let it be, it a free country, everyone has a right to give their views.
I respect your views.

--nick17s--
Many people who attended this show were actually to their way to other events(like there was one big event in the adjacent hotel itself), by 7pm itself there was huge rush of people going back with jam of cars at the parking exit.
Frankly speaking I was actually more tired walking in the parking lot than the 2 halls of auto show, even those 2 halls were half empty.
Old 19th May 2010, 12:30   #54
BHPian

Nice pics guys. Btw from the photos, I can understand that Toyota didn't let anyone inside the Etios. Would have been interesting to know the space on offer
Old 19th May 2010, 12:56   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
Many people who attended this show were actually to their way to other events(like there was one big event in the adjacent hotel itself), by 7pm itself there was huge rush of people going back with jam of cars at the parking exit.
Frankly speaking I was actually more tired walking in the parking lot than the 2 halls of auto show, even those 2 halls were half empty.
buddy people were and are free to attend any shows, the thing is they visited the show, some liked it and some didnt, this was a very smal show, but the next one coming up in hyd would be definitely a bigg one..
Old 19th May 2010, 12:59   #56
BHPian

@desigsf: yes buddy etios was locked but the best part was toyota prius was open for everyone..
Old 19th May 2010, 13:47   #57
BHPian

Quote:
but the next one coming up in hyd would be definitely a bigg one..

ah that sounds like a nice music to my ears, hoping for the best one this time.
Old 19th May 2010, 14:09   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Just for your info - no one in Hyderabad is interested in a "Regional show" so if you guys cannot deliver world class shows - may I suggest Jhumru-Talaaya, Bhowani Junction or Khai-mangda as your next venue. Timbuctoo might or might not be interested in your show.
No, we do not understand.
IMO this sounds like too harsh a criticism. I personally feel , this effort from SIAM should be encouraged.If anyone does not like anything , he/she is free to voice their opinion but such severity can be avoided.
Everybody has been disappointed with this Auto Show, even a first time visitor to any Auto show ever like me too, but I would probably express my disappointment and hope that next time the event is bigger and better.
Quote:
Hi Ravendra !
I respect your views.
Glad , you took it in the right spirit.

Quote:
but the next one coming up in hyd would be definitely a bigg one..
All the best to you and your organistion for the next Auto Show at Hyderabad.Hope it fulfills everyone's expectation.
Old 19th May 2010, 14:15   #59
BHPian

thnx so much nomad and ford.
This time some German manufacturers declined at the last moment due to some uncertainities, otherwise this show would have been more excited.
We planning to do the next show next year or may me every alternate year (we still planning on that)..But I assure you that the show is gonna come back with more companies participating !!!!

Last edited by nick17s : 19th May 2010 at 14:16.
Old 19th May 2010, 18:01   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
IMO this sounds like too harsh a criticism. I personally feel , this effort from SIAM should be encouraged.If anyone does not like anything , he/she is free to voice their opinion but such severity can be avoided.
I totally agree with you that such severity should be avoided and that harsh criticism vitiates the atmosphere. Unfortunately, in spite of several members, including long standing and well respected members from Hyderabad, gently voicing their concerns, letting their disappointment known and giving very objective reasons for the same, we had one of the organisers insist that the show was the best and a runaway success. Worse, the organisers seemed to be of the opinion that Hyderabad did not deserve any better as it was a "regional" show.

Frankly, such complacency, indifference and step-motherly attitude will do neither Hyderabad nor the organisers any good. The ultimate losers will be both the consumers and the industry. It was only because of the posts here justifying the poor show which Hyderabadis felt was not up to the mark, and the attempt to treat it as a great success that my post was so severe.

A simple "It was our first show in Hyderabad, a small beggining. We are going to make the show bigger and better and one of the best in the world." would have drawn immediate support and encouragement from every Hyderabadi, including me.

I certainly hope SIAM continues to work on the show and make it a truly world-class affair.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 19th May 2010 at 18:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks