Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 00:34   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,515
Thanked: 1,491 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
OHC's, Swifts, Lancers, Cedias....and even a Getz. How come no Skoda RS'? It runs, brakes and handles like no other. Shouldnt we logically see more of them on the track?
NC should check out the RS on the track. I'm sure with perfect tarmac and cruise control he'll get a FE of more than 15kmpl
kpzen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 13:52   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,501
Thanked: 80,099 Times
Default

Quote:
NC should check out the RS on the track. I'm sure with perfect tarmac and cruise control he'll get a FE of more than 15kmpl
Will also beat OD's "ideal condition" figures if I know NC well.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 18:54   #18
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
No issues. Some idiot accessory guy installed the wrong set of aftermarket plugs for the new setup, so the mapping done on the ECU was rendered inefficient. By the time the plugs came, it was too late to tune the car on track.
Akshay, maybe you guys should silence some rumours running around the Cedia. Two different people have told me that.

1. Spark plugs running were stock and that pistons on the cedia need replacement.
2. One of the spark plugs bottom got cut and went inside the engine.

I don't know what is the element of truth in these two rumours, but if its not the truth you guys need to stop such news going around.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 22:12   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Akshay, maybe you guys should silence some rumours running around the Cedia. Two different people have told me that.

1. Spark plugs running were stock and that pistons on the cedia need replacement.
2. One of the spark plugs bottom got cut and went inside the engine.

I don't know what is the element of truth in these two rumours, but if its not the truth you guys need to stop such news going around.
Rahul, you know how it is. People talk crap all the time. With all the stuff we've heard about your car, Jay's car, and Psycho's car, we could write a novel. I mean, people want to talk, let them. Freedom and all that jazz...
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 22:19   #20
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Rahul, you know how it is. People talk crap all the time. With all the stuff we've heard about your car, Jay's car, and Psycho's car, we could write a novel. I mean, people want to talk, let them. Freedom and all that jazz...
Just wanted to let you guys know since two different set of sources told me this. So was trying to know if there was any element of truth to this.

Tell me about it. Latest round of rumours is that my engine zapped out because my dad filled 87 Oct fuel . My dad says he wants to slap the person who said this. And questioned me why the engine conked off even before he got a chance to fill fuel. That is referring to Bombay. Then once again when the engine broke-down inspite of using ONLY 97 Oct with boosters. I totally get what you are saying. Such people are only sore losers I say. Or trying to pass the blame onto others.

PS: Not that I have heard far too many things about my car except that it was running a 1800 block. What have you heard ?

PS II: I can write a novel about my car alone in the last 10 months. That in itself will sell quite a lot amongst the modders in Bangalore & TBHP.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 9th October 2007 at 22:25.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transfering from Company registration to Individual registration joshi_pravin The Indian Car Scene 11 5th September 2016 10:11
Individual OTRs Kills team spirit dwaraka 4x4 Excursions 117 23rd July 2012 18:54
Tata launches "Service Edge" - A program targetted at individual / private car owners Dippy The Indian Car Scene 18 16th July 2012 22:32
Supporting individual local businesses/ initiatives selfdrive Shifting gears 0 13th January 2011 22:08
Saving our Forests : What the individual can do DKG Shifting gears 65 25th May 2010 15:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks