Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2008, 11:12   #46
BHPian

@kuttappan, Read my post carefully.. I said "GO EASY on her" didn't ask anyone to stop making bad/good comments on her. if you can encourage with constructive criticism, even better. Making comments like "turning up in a skirt" is so lame. Also, I never said only racers can comment, just asked them to try for themself to find out what it actually feel like. It actually gives a new perspective. I know, I have tried it. now for the media coverage, I am sure you will agree that some coverage is better than NONE. Who decides "deserving folks" ? Media is there to have a news, and they are free do so in whatever fashion they like. I am also frustrated NOT just about media, but almost everything that is happening in Indian motorsports. Peace.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd October 2008 at 16:25. Reason: abt = about. Please avoid SMS language as per the TBHP rules. Thanks.
Old 23rd October 2008, 21:37   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
The problem I see is, the lady at the back of the grid gets lot of fourth estate, but how much do the deserving folks get?
Have to agree on that one
Old 24th October 2008, 06:58   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renamo View Post
@kuttappan, Read my post carefully.. I said "GO EASY on her" didn't ask anyone to stop making bad/good comments on her. if you can encourage with constructive criticism, even better. Making comments like "turning up in a skirt" is so lame. Also, I never said only racers can comment, just asked them to try for themself to find out what it actually feel like. It actually gives a new perspective. I know, I have tried it. now for the media coverage, I am sure you will agree that some coverage is better than NONE. Who decides "deserving folks" ? Media is there to have a news, and they are free do so in whatever fashion they like. I am also frustrated NOT just about media, but almost everything that is happening in Indian motorsports. Peace.
Dude, not arguing for arguments sake; but you said go easy, when someone pointed out that she was lapped. Hence, my reply.

Indian motorsports hardly gets any premium fourth estate and that is a fact. Media is mostly bothered about the women coming last, and that is what I lament.

About getting new perspective on track etc, I know what it is to ride on track. Ridden on both Kari and MMSC track, so hopefully, the perspective is there.

Lets agree that Indian Motorsport is not getting the attention it deserves. Chillax !

@Killer - Hope to see you in NEWS soon. I hear that you are doing better and better and doing lot of calculations etc?

Last edited by kuttapan : 24th October 2008 at 07:02.
Old 24th October 2008, 22:52   #49
BHPian

Quote:
@Killer - Hope to see you in NEWS soon. I hear that you are doing better and better and doing lot of calculations etc?
Yeah well racing here is a dogs life hehe....calculations eh...a certain somebody from hp has been talking about me ...thanks for the wishes

Last edited by Killer : 24th October 2008 at 22:54.
Old 25th October 2008, 11:06   #50
BHPian

Enthu, guts - yes. Hats off to the lady for participating. Having done that, she should expect the brickbats that comes along - I am sure she would be showered in accolades too, if she starts winning.

If only racers could comment on other racers, we would not have the F1 thread here, nor the other zillion forums across the world. As long as the observations are based on facts, what is the problem? esteem lover just said she was lapped. That is a fact.

The problem I see is, the lady at the back of the grid gets lot of fourth estate, but how much do the deserving folks get? Even in rallying,the media is usually after colour, rather than substance.
Quote:
All you have to do is land up in a skirt and get all the reporters scurrying after you.

Well said..
And what are these calculations Mr Killer? a small suggestion. Would be nice if you just give a small post on ur malaysian 'odyssey'. what say?
Old 3rd February 2009, 23:58   #51

Hi there, my name is Christie Cooley and I write a blog about women motorcycle racers around the world (and am myself a girl racer in California). I'm curious about Alisha Abdullah and would love to know places where I can get more information about her. I'm interested in her results, her best results, her racing schedule, what tracks she races at, and would even love to email with her myself.

If anyone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
Christie Cooley
passedbyachick.com | Like Steve McQueen, All We Need’s a Fast Machine
Old 4th February 2009, 02:20   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christieland View Post
....If anyone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it!....
Hi Christieland,

You can go back to page #2 and take a look at post #21. You'll get to alisha's profile -- send her a private message and she should receive a notification of that message via email. Let us know if thats successful.

I guess she wasn't entirely happy about some of the things said about her here, but as they say "any publicity is good publicity"

Will check out your blog sometime soon (though please avoid posting the link repeatedly or in your signature).

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th February 2009 at 02:22.
Old 4th February 2009, 10:14   #53

Thanks for the tip, I've sent her a private message. It's interesting, all the girl racers in the U.S. seem to go through this...they get publicity because they are girls, then everyone on the forums tear them down for how slow they really are. Guys can be vicious! But they can be cool too...anyway, we're starting to get some legitimately fast female racers here which is very exciting for the sport. Thanks again!
Old 4th February 2009, 10:51   #54
Senior - BHPian

A couple of female racers I like are Danica Patrick and Sabine Schmitz.
Old 4th February 2009, 11:14   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
A couple of female racers I like are Danica Patrick and Sabine Schmitz.
The question will always remain whether you like them because they are female or because they are racers.

@rehaan, most good publicity stems from bad publicity.

@nitrous.. I love that Nagesh pic in your avatar.
Old 4th February 2009, 12:04   #56
Senior - BHPian

OT : IIRC, that pic is from the Tamil movie 'Server Sundaram'.
Old 4th February 2009, 13:01   #57
BaldOwl

@Christie: Are you looking for only pretty faces to make your blog look good? or are you considering racers with merit? In this same thread folks have mentioned other girls who are into racing, with better attitude and much better skills.

Old 4th February 2009, 22:13   #58

To answer your question, for my blog I am interested in ALL women who race motorcycles - young, old, fast, slow, pretty, plain.

Just so happens that the racer I just posted about yesterday is quite attractive and recently took some modeling type photos.

It is my intent to post every day; there are not that many women racing motorcycles, so I am interested in all of them. Naturally I have more information on the ones that I know personally, and who race the same series as I do (I race with the AFM and WERA across the western United States).

The blog was more a professional exercise for me to learn about creating a blog, adding AdSense ads, using Google Analytics, and so on. I'm an online marketing professional "between jobs" as they say and widening my skill set. I am very passionate about women who race, they inspired me tremendously as I was learning how to ride a motorcycle, going to track days, and learning how to race. So, it is educational AND fun for me to create a blog about it.

If I'm ever able to make any money from it, it will go back into supporting and promoting women who race.

PS - And who are the motorcycle racers with "better attitude and better skills?" I thought Alisha Abdullah was the ONLY female motorcycle racer in India. I don't focus on car racers, just bikes.

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th February 2009 at 11:52. Reason: Consecutive posts merged.
Old 4th February 2009, 23:00   #59
Senior - BHPian

Well done Christie. Its nice to see you helping talented lady racers. Wish you all the best in your endeavor.
Old 5th February 2009, 02:10   #60
Senior - BHPian

What about Harriet Ridley in UK, I think she races too although she is mostly a journalist.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks