Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2007, 09:51   #211
Team-BHP Support

That's not our Sam. It's an impostor. No way our Sam would ever wear that!
Old 31st August 2007, 10:06   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

Who is this in the picture in pants ?
Old 31st August 2007, 10:33   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
One more of those extremely rare pics that need to be saved for posterity.

Sam, awesome pics and a great YetiBlog. CDG airport looks so serene, not many people around. Was it just the time you landed, or is it always that way?
Old 31st August 2007, 10:35   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh come on guys, it's freezing cold here. You don't expect me to bounce around in short pants now do you?
OK so pictures will be larger now, but I'll keep the kb as low as possible.
Old 31st August 2007, 10:36   #215
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sam,

Those pictures of the CDG airport were simply awesome. Thanks a lot man. And those Lambo pics are out of this world. Write on Sam - everyone's waiting !

Hope you had your knickers on under the pants - just remove the pant when it gets hot and you are the old Sameer Kapasi.

And yes the picture size is fine. Its 800 X 600 na ?

Last edited by normally_crazy : 31st August 2007 at 10:38.
Old 31st August 2007, 11:01   #216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
Today I was listening to Bittersweet Symphony while walking on a busy business street in Mumbai, while walking into rush hour head on.
Sam, nice pics there. More of them awaited. Just like ported_head, i too loved the way you posted about listening to Moby.

Bittersweet Symphony by 'The Verve'. Excellent song.
Old 31st August 2007, 11:02   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

YetiBlog® - Paris to Berlin

And now we fly Air France domestic.

Standard A320 aircraft, 2 classes, why I could be back home, doing one of my regular routes.
I'm sitting at the emergency exit as usual and the stewardess comes up to brief me on what to do in case the flight crashes.

I do not understand anything she is saying. This seems to be fine as no one else on this plane will understand me during an emergency either.

While she is talking to me "Monsieur, to hopen thees door, pool this 'andle zees way" it hits me.
She's in glasses too. That's what is odd about the girls. This one and the one earlier on the international flight. Air France hires stewardesses who wear glasses!! Of course they were both wearing outstanding glasses (Prada and Salvatore Ferregamo) but they were vision correcting glasses nonetheless.

Meal time, yum. A tray is handed out to me. NO questions asked. This tray is as big as my boarding card. Hmm.
There are 3 things on it. Half a biscuit with some black crap on it, a piece of toast (1 inch by 1inch) with some white crap on it and a slice of boiled egg. And a little mawa cake type thing, only smaller.
What that's it????? Yes. And this is a domestique flight so there is no reason to smile and we are french so it's OK if you don't enjoy your meal. Wine? No thanks I'll take a juice. I want to live for a few hours, the juice will be wholesome. Merci beaucoup. My Beacoup sounds like I am barking like an Indian Dog.
I should have had that croissant and cafe at CDG instead of taking photos for my forum.

Berlin. It's cold, but thankfully the sky is clear. Ever since the world football cup, Berlin has become english friendly and non-german friendly. That's just great, since I believe it is one the best cities in the world.
I get to the luggage belt. I have a lot of it (2 boxes full of presents too). Now where's that luggage push cart trolley. There. They're all chained to one another.
You need a coin to free one. When you return it to another trolley parking lot, you can push your coin back out.

I have used these before, but not at Berlin. I know that you can use a 1 euro or 2 euro coin. Also a US quarter, 1 pound UK coin and an Indian 50p coin. Guessss what? I have 100 euro notes.
There are no shops nothing. I stand around worrying for a while. How am I gonna take 3 large pieces of luggage to the taxi?
Then I think to myself, I am the Yeti®, I should be able to do anything. So I go up to a complete stranger, smile and ask for money. It feels like I'm begging, only I'm in Levis and I'm smiling. "Hi. Can you give me some money? I need a baggage trolleeee. Later I will use that money to eat something as the food on your national airline was crap. Merci Beaucoup."

Armed with my newly acquired beggings (A 2 euro coin) I am on my way. I get into the taxi. I'm back in Berlin. The cars are whizzing past me. Oh look it's a thingy. Oh look it's the car with a big S, just like suzuki. Oh look a Mercedes garbage truck. Oh look.

Look at those skies. I love Berlin.
Old 31st August 2007, 11:26   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

I've reached my hotel. There some interesting cars as always, parked at the Maritim. Take a look.

Here's the company car

Old 31st August 2007, 11:35   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Thats Sam's Evil Twin . Now where did the hide the original Yeti. Yetis dont wear suits

Uhhh Sam which is the company car? The BMW or the Porsche?

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st September 2007 at 09:45.
Old 31st August 2007, 12:34   #220
BHPian

Hmm, lovely Alfa Spider !
Old 31st August 2007, 12:41   #221
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful pictures Sam & I too love Berlin, unfortunately it's been long since my last visit! As advised earlier, all pictures in 800x600 please!

And, who's the guy in the suit? Your long-lost (mele ke bichra hua bhai kya?) brother?
Old 31st August 2007, 14:57   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Monsieur, to elp yourself out of your seat, pool no this 'andle " ?!?!?

What I really don't understand is --- is that a European city street with just a couple of cars parked in it? Legally? Where, oh where, did London go so wrong?

And the cleanliness! Wow!

Oh... and, great cars, of course, by the way
Old 31st August 2007, 15:36   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
What I really don't understand is --- is that a European city street with just a couple of cars parked in it? Legally? Where, oh where, did London go so wrong?

And the cleanliness! Wow!
Thad, welcome to Deutschland! And it is really an experience to be there to see all the cleanliness and law-abiding citizens. Hell, if you're crossing the road on a zebra-crossing and the light goes green, not a single car will move until all the pedestrians have crossed safely! Whereas, we here are ready to mow everyone one of them down

But the country does get a bit dull at times you know with all the rule following monotony!!
Old 31st August 2007, 15:55   #224
Team-BHP Support

Ishaan, its a wonder they let you stay in that country for anything more than a day...seeing how law abiding they are!
Old 31st August 2007, 20:07   #225
Senior - BHPian

Droooooooooooling away to glory!

Very very nice pictures there. Couldn't take my eyes off the Alfa Romeo.

More More More More pictures please!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks