Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 16:20   #1

Hello from Akshay

My name is Akshay Anil Salunke.
I was born on 11 February 1994.
My father is in the Indian Army. Currently he is posted at CWE(AF) Jorhat. Myself, my mother and my grandmother are living at Pune.

I started studies in Gurukul school, starting from junior K.G till 7th grade. As I was diagnosed with Autism, I did the 10th grade externally from National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS). Then I did one year Quictech diploma in Mechanical Engineering at Institute of Studies in Technology and Enginnering. I have also learned Auto CAD, CATIA, Pro Engineering And SolidWorks.
Last year I joined Anutham Mechsys Pvt. Ltd. as a digital draftsman.

My favorite interest is watching trains videos on youtube and collecting information about different train and routes. I also read books during spare time and playing music on keyboard. I am also interested in the working of all mechanical devices.

When I was growing up, my parents and myself have visited different parts of India during my father's postings. Recently I went to Jorhat for one month vacation with my family. Unfortunatly my camera was lost in Kolkata,
so I couldn't take many pictures. I will get more photos during my future journeys. Some photos of my Dad & our pet Lassie during the journey are below:-
Attached Thumbnails
Hello from Akshay-dadlassie_small.jpg  

Hello from Akshay-lassie_small.jpg  

Hello from Akshay-lassie-sleeping_small.jpg  

Last edited by salunke_akshay : 12th September 2012 at 16:38. Reason: rearranging photos
salunke_akshay is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 17:24   #2

Re: Hello from Akshay

Recently I did two live projects.

The first project is the 4 X 4 Plate Drilling Machine(3 axis CNC controlled). It is meant to drill and tap holes on 4'x4' plate. It has a low cost price.
Hello from Akshay-1pdm4400000v0_4x4-machine-assly.jpg

One of the drawings I have drawn is the bearing housing drawing. The bearing housing locates the ballscrew assembly end support bearings. The housing has to be made very accurately for getting an accurate machine.
Hello from Akshay-2bearing-hsg.-section-drg.jpg

Some photos of the completed machine:
Hello from Akshay-3front_view.jpgHello from Akshay-4side_view.jpgHello from Akshay-5rear_view.jpg

The second project is the Adjuster Body (Model P) Drilling SPM.
The Adjuster Body is a part which is used for adjusting the brake shoe wear clearance on the rear brake Assembly. This is to be used in a new Maruti car model. Per car 1 RH & 1 LH is required.
Hello from Akshay-1adjuster-body-pd4146-lh.jpg

SPM drills 2 vertical holes & 1 horizontal hole automatically. Operator only loads & unloads components.
Drawing view of Fixture assly is given below:
Hello from Akshay-2fix.-assy.-isometric-view.jpg

Our seniors designed the 3D models & I prepared manufacturing drawings.
One of the drawings,which I made, is the main block which holds the Adjuster Body.
Hello from Akshay-3it-no.-282-coloured-view.jpg

Side support block drawing:
Hello from Akshay-4it-no.-301-coloured-view.jpg

Section view of main block sub-assly:
Hello from Akshay-5section-view-no.-285-fix.-assy..jpg

Machine Isometric view:
Hello from Akshay-6isometric-machine-view-model-p-coloured.jpg

Actual machine photos:
Hello from Akshay-7fx_closeup.jpgHello from Akshay-8machine_view.jpg
salunke_akshay is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th September 2012, 18:29   #3
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard Akshay!

One of the select few who has used the Assembly Line section for the Introduction threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunke_akshay View Post
As I was diagnosed with Autism, I did the 10th grade externally from National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
In case this thread interests you, or if you have something to add :
The Autism Thread

Quote:
My favorite interest is watching trains videos on Youtube and collecting information about different train and routes.
Check these threads out :
The Model Railroad thread
Best and Worst Train Journey Experiences

Quote:
I am also interested in the working of all mechanical devices.
The "Technical Stuff" section should keep you interested too, but do promise not to spend too much time on Team-BHP!

Quote:
Some photos of my Dad & our pet Lassie during the journey are below:-
HAHA! I love the photo of Lassie taking a nap on the pillow after having finished her book.

How did you manage to take her on the train? Is some special permission needed?

Quote:
The first project is the 4 X 4 Plate Drilling Machine(3 axis CNC controlled). It is meant to drill and tap holes on 4'x4' plate.
Does the CNC machine do the tapping as well?? Isn't that tricky?

cya
R
Old 13th September 2012, 19:21   #4
Team-BHP Support

Even I love watching rail videos on youtube (it kind of runs in my family!)

Here is another thread for you to add to Rehaan's suggestions

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...lway-pics.html
Old 13th September 2012, 22:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Akshay. Amazing to see your engineering drawing work. So was the design your brain-child or you made the drawings only? Eager to see your contributions in Technical section.

Nothing can stop a determined humanbeing and I see that determination in you! I wish you all the best and all success with all your endeavours.

Welcome!

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 13th September 2012 at 22:08.
Old 14th September 2012, 00:30   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome aboard Akshay! Guess yours is one of the detailed intro thread too! Nice to see your drawings & the pet pics too! yeah, even I was wondering how did you manage to get your doggie in the train!
Old 14th September 2012, 08:26   #7
BHPian

Welcome Akshay. Feel at home; you have come to a revv-friendly forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Welcome aboard Akshay! Guess yours is one of the detailed intro thread too! Nice to see your drawings & the pet pics too! yeah, even I was wondering how did you manage to get your doggie in the train!
@SnF, you are allowed to take dogs in the first class of trains (both AC and non-AC); I have transported my pets from the Punjab to West Bengal; quite an experience, especially in non-AC.
johy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 09:23   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome aboard Akshay. Always great to have another Punekar on Team-BHP!
Old 14th September 2012, 12:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard Tbhp Akshay. Some neat photos of your pop and dog.

Your engineering skills look pretty good. You will definitely enjoy the technical section
Old 14th September 2012, 12:54   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome aboard!!
Im slightly cowed by the finished products above...
Fantastic.

By the by, what train is that?
I havent seen such a clean/maintained coupe in ages!
Old 14th September 2012, 13:29   #11
BHPian

When Akshay joined us 1.5 years ago it was a big experiment for us. I did not known anything about Autism except reading a few articles. Seeing his skill at 3D modelling & general quiet determination we took him onboard for "work-therapy".

I must say that all my engineers took good care of him & helped him on the way. As he was pushed out of his small domestic comfort zone he slowly opened up and his social skills are improving in leaps & bounds.

Now I am pushing him to start thinking & writing on varied topics. It is difficult for Autism people to write about abstract (to them) notions. But he is slowly improving. Initially it would take 10-20 days for him to read, interpret & explain a few pages of a catalogue. He wrote a travelouge on his Jorhat trip. It was 5.5 page write up that took him most of the month (with his grammar being corrected by his father) that he was in Jorhat. It was unfortunate that he misplaced the camera at Kolkatta and could not take photos of the road journey from Gauhati to Jorhat & also the local spots around Jorhat. We were all surprised by his simple & at times humourous writing. His parents were beside themselves with joy seeing the write-up. If you want to read it, warts & mistakes included, I ask him to upload it as an attachement.

Now I have given him the task of collecting information on various palces of interest around Pune.

Akshay will be replying personally to all your queries. It takes him time to write a rough draft, get it checked by me and then posted. So please bear with his delay in responding.

As for the technical side of things - We do the basic design on 3D and Akshay helps out with the drawings. He also models the basic components from 2D drawings. We have also given him practice assignments of modelling complete fixtures & gauges from some reference drawings. During the drawing work he actually catches some of our mistakes in modelling.
sridhar-v is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 23:18   #12
Team-BHP Support

Hi Akshay,

As a father of an autistic child, I am very happy to see intro. It makes me... somewhat hopeful. It is clear that you have some savant ability, I am glad to see it helping you make it out there.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2012, 14:46   #13
BHPian

hey akshay welcome and have a nice stay here . it was nice to see the pictures of your dad and the pet as well . btw how did you manage to get lassie onboard a train?
Old 17th September 2012, 15:00   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Romeo View Post
btw how did you manage to get lassie onboard a train?
May be military personnel have extra latitude. Just guessing.
Old 18th September 2012, 15:33   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Romeo View Post
btw how did you manage to get lassie onboard a train?
Do see post #7.

cya
R
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks