Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2010, 18:05   #1
BHPian

Captain Nandu Chitnis, Master Mariner

Thank you for accepting me to the Team-BHP memberhsip free of cost. I was asked to join you via a member Rocky Barua (Balnglore) a fellow rider and tourer, after he read my review of the Honda City SMT on my facebook notes.

I am a semi retired Man of the Seas, settled in Pune with my wife Medini. Both of us travel a lot on Mo bikes and cars. I have a Pulsar 220 and two cars the Wagon R (which I hate and she loves) and a Honda City Aug 2010 buy. Year 1972 I had a Jawa, later a Bajaj Scooter, then 2 M-800's and my most fave car was the Santro which took me to Manali and many other places.

While in the Indian Navy 1969-98, I fought the Pakis in the 1971 war in the rank of Midshipman. We blasted 5 ships and blew the shore refinary storage tanks and set the port of Karachi on fire. I was the Gun Direction Officer on board INS Talwar, was recommended for a Medal, never got it. Whic was fine by me as my dad Lt Col Jagannath Chitnis won the Ashok Chakra (Posthumously) which is the equivalent of Param Veer Chakra for peace time anti insurgency operations.
Dad was KIA (killed in action) while he commanded his battallion 1/3 Gurkha Rifles.

The Naval War operations in Karachi is in wiki, so is Lt Col Jagannath Chitnis on may web sites.

We have biked all over India notably to Leh Ladakh, a day after we became grand parents in Aug 2008 and repeated Ladakh via a Tata Sumo (rented) this time for photography.

Besides motoring and biking we play golf. Medini my wife has won many tourneyments all over India. Her handicap is 21. I caddy for her.

I used to blog a lot. I still do but not so passionately. I am a self taught photographer and I am considered the Master of Pan Shots in India and abroad. I love to pan mo bikes and cars to this day. I may hold an exibition on my Ladakh and travel photography as also my "Life at Sea" photography.

My pictures have been published in newpapers, websites, wiki, school text books. Most have been stolen from my flickr account, some have been used for free with my permission both here in India and abroad. Even a web site like MTv Stunt mania used my pic without my permission. Which is alright by me as I am NOT into professional photography. What don't I use stolen software my self like ......

The rest of me you can find by googling on Nandu Chitnis.

I find Team BHP quite informative and exciting to read.

Regards

Captain Nandu Chitnis
Master Mariner
Shipping Corp of India
Old 6th November 2010, 18:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Captain!
Interesting read , your profile made. Can you please post some of your photographs here , or post links ?
Old 6th November 2010, 19:25   #3
BHPian

>>>

Welcome aboard sir.

We have a team-bhp meet planned for either the 13th or the 14th (depending upon votes) in Lavasa. This is in the Team-bhp meet section of the forum.

Link here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...your-date.html

Please do join us if you can, both of you.

Regards, drive safe

issigonis
Old 6th November 2010, 19:40   #4
BHPian

Awesome read Chitnis Sir. Since i read your intro, i have read the various naval operations undertaken so far. Reading the project trident made me feel proud as an Indian.
Hats off Sir.
Old 6th November 2010, 22:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Sir!
We are honored to have you on board.

Salute to your Dad and The like with whose effort we enjoy our every day the way we do.

Many family and friends are and were part of the Courageous Gurkha rifles. Many closest has lost their life in Kargil. You know Darjeeling, my hometown is a major GRD.

Do share some of your experience and travelogues with us in details
Old 6th November 2010, 22:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

Great to have you hear captain. Hope you have a great time around. Do share some of your tales here
Old 7th November 2010, 00:30   #7
BHPian

It is indeed a honour to have you among us. Have a pleasant stay here.
Old 7th November 2010, 08:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

Great to see you here. As a sheer coincidence, I happend to pass by a house bearing similar (same?) name board and designation yesterday, and was thinking who this person would be. And you are here!!

Btw, a Captain in Navy is equivalent to Colonel in Army? Excuse my ignorance
Old 7th November 2010, 08:57   #9
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard. Dont worry, we respect IP over here.

My wifes family are ex military - I count an ex Gurkha, a general and a commodore amongst my in laws.
Old 7th November 2010, 10:39   #10
BHPian

Welcome Sir.

Hope to see your white angel photos here.

Anvancy
Old 7th November 2010, 11:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

only thing i can say is,

welcome on teambhp sir!!

Quote:
My pictures have been published in newpapers, websites, wiki, school text books. Most have been stolen from my flickr account, some have been used for free with my permission both here in India and abroad. Even a web site like MTv Stunt mania used my pic without my permission. Which is alright by me as I am NOT into professional photography. What don't I use stolen software my self like ......
why dont you watermark them?

Last edited by jeepster : 7th November 2010 at 11:42.
Old 7th November 2010, 11:47   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Captain Nandu Chitnis,

Welcome - it is more than a pleasure having you onboard ! We respect our military men and are forever indebted for their contributions and sacrifices that have made us - individually and as a nation, what we are today.

Have a great stay onboard Team-BHP.

Last edited by theMAG : 7th November 2010 at 12:13.
Old 7th November 2010, 15:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
While in the Indian Navy 1969-98, I fought the Pakis in the 1971 war in the rank of Midshipman. We blasted 5 ships and blew the shore refinary storage tanks and set the port of Karachi on fire. I was the Gun Direction Officer on board INS Talwar, was recommended for a Medal, never got it. Whic was fine by me as my dad Lt Col Jagannath Chitnis won the Ashok Chakra (Posthumously) which is the equivalent of Param Veer Chakra for peace time anti insurgency operations.
Dad was KIA (killed in action) while he commanded his battallion 1/3 Gurkha Rifles.
Take a bow, Sir.

Quote:
I am a self taught photographer and I am considered the Master of Pan Shots in India and abroad. I love to pan mo bikes and cars to this day.
Well, your photos have reached Team-BHP much before you.
Have a look at this post by 'technocrat', http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post1065358

Hope that these are your photos and hope that you recollect this event/ride/photo session & also know 'technocrat'.
Look forward to your photos in general & panning photos in particular.
My success ratio for acceptable pan photos is barely 10%.

Quote:
I may hold an exhibition on my Ladakh and travel photography as also my "Life at Sea" photography.
Let's know dates of this exhibition, hope it happens in pune.
Old 7th November 2010, 20:23   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Welcome to the forum Captain!
Interesting read , your profile made. Can you please post some of your photographs here , or post links ?

I will certainy post, please give me some time, and thanks for th emost overwhelming welcome to to Team-BHP...

Rgds

Nandu and Medini
Old 7th November 2010, 20:33   #15
BHPian

I am seriously overwhelmed with the welcome you have all given us. The pics of Technocrat (Kedar Gadre) yes I did them. He was with us on BikeNomads.Since then I have shot many more and improved my skills. I quite liked shooting the Pune group Rubber Smoking Angels.

Yes Captain in Navy is Colonel in Army.

I had posted a review of the Honda City here but I do not see it.

Mr Ajmat> Amazing...you have In Laws in all 3 Services of the Indian Armed Forces.

I will figure out how to post pics here soon....I am not so tech savvy on the net...

Rgds

Nandu n Medini
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks