Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2006, 09:10   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
hi, why did you do that mod? Is your car electrically overloaded.. 4 subs etc??

Hi,

Well for starters it was heavily juiced up. The car is sold now. Even that setup was not sufficient for my audio setup. I kept blowing the rectifier in the alternator every 2-3 months. The power requirement was close to 90 Amps in my car with the setup I had in there. Had approx 2750 Watts pure RMS of amplification in the car.

Viper
Old 27th June 2006, 11:34   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy
Even if the manual does not mention about it. It really spoils the gear teeth due to more friction when you push the car with gear engaged..... you can ask some good Car Mechanic for the same.
Pushing the car to start is not as bad as some of you guys suggest. The way to do it would be to engage either 2nd or 3rd gear and keep the clutch pressed. When you gather momentum, release the clutch. Once you have started the engine, shift to 1st gear. Do not use the 1st gear to do this as this will definitely cause harm to the gears.

Ofcourse, this is not be done on a regular basis, just for a few days till the battery is replaced/charged.
Old 4th July 2006, 10:42   #18
BHPian

Hi.

Tnx guys for ur advise.

I put an Heavy DUTY battery from SF.

everythings fine now...i ve more power for my p.windows......audio...amp....etc

Tnx once again
Old 14th September 2006, 14:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by passion4cars
I put an Heavy DUTY battery from SF.
everythings fine now...i ve more power for my p.windows......audio...amp....etc
Tnx once again
How much did that cost you?
Old 7th February 2008, 11:46   #20
BHPian

Hey guys!

Sorry for digging up an old thread but my Esteem needs a replacement asap!

Have decided on Amaron as it is the easiest to procure and good reviews on the forum too.

The query is regarding the higher power rating battery I might put in without causing any damage to any components. I have an ICE setup with 2 amps (400W RMS and 300W RMS). The Amaron chart recommends 35 Amp battery for the Esteem.

What is the highest amp rating battery which is safe to put in the car? Any negatives to putting one instead of the stock recommendation?
Old 27th December 2009, 15:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

Bump !

Need some expert advice here. My Esteem's battery which was battling for life for over a few months has now conked off once for all. I have zeroed in on Amaron but would like to know which variant of Amaron would suit my car the best.

I would like to have a battery that is slightly higher in amperage than the regular one(regular for the Esteem I presume is 35 Amps).

Any pointers on the above including the price range in Chennai is highly appreciated.
Old 1st January 2010, 00:00   #22
BANNED

Esteem battery can be bought for 2400 -3400 . Depends on the brand . The 38 AH batt is quite sufficient for the esteem .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks