Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2006, 02:24   #1

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
clear headlight lens for zen?

i have been wanting to purchase the philips crystal vision bulbs for my zen but since it is a 2001 model,it doesnt have the clear lens cover like the new zen.also a lot of members have repeatedly said that the light from the white bulbs will disperse a lot and wont poduce enough lighting on the road.does anyone know where i can get the clear lens cover from,if available?would maruti showrooms or service centres be keepin it?please keep in mind that i stay in noida.
Old 19th January 2006, 00:15   #2
BHPian

Sorry Dude, But i too have 2002 zen and have been searching high n low for the same, no luck at all.
Old 19th January 2006, 11:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

put 100/90w bulbs with relays ...u will get more than the philips crystal vision bulbs which are 60/55w bulbs
Old 22nd January 2006, 04:07   #4

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

@speedsatya:did like u told me but without the relays as the shopkeeper didnt have them at tht time.will fitting the the bulbs without the relays cause any damage or are the relays for precaution.
Old 23rd December 2008, 16:20   #5
BHPian

two years later, just wondering if you guys managed to source clear lens headlamps for the old zen? I have been wanting to put those on my Zen, but have not managed to find them.
Old 23rd December 2008, 21:14   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
i have been wanting to purchase the philips crystal vision bulbs for my zen but since it is a 2001 model,it doesnt have the clear lens cover like the new zen.also a lot of members have repeatedly said that the light from the white bulbs will disperse a lot and wont poduce enough lighting on the road.does anyone know where i can get the clear lens cover from,if available?would maruti showrooms or service centres be keepin it?please keep in mind that i stay in noida.

It can be done with ease

but it's not of use the reason is that the back reflector of zen is flat (not diamond shape) so if you get the clear lens it's of no use as the lights focusing is not there as the focus is done by the outer glass(you have seen those lines and cuts on main glass ) it will not be there unless you get projectors

Edit: sorry just checked the date that it's 2 years old thread and you sold the car...

Last edited by smokin : 23rd December 2008 at 21:34. Reason: typo error
Old 29th December 2008, 17:29   #7
BHPian

I was hinking of putting projectors and HIDs, if i can find a way to get clear outer glass. But if procuring or DIU the same is too long a process, then i will try and get Hella compact auxilliary driving lights, they are HID and easy to fit, especially if i fit a bull bar). At least thats plan b and seems simpler.
Old 8th April 2009, 22:57   #8
BHPian

projector

has anybody found projector headlight with clear lense for zen? anyway to find one for my zen?
Old 10th April 2009, 12:05   #9
BHPian

nopes, no luck with projectors for the zen at all, i have a 99 model zen and ive got original Bosch Hid in my car 6000k and initially it was so difficult to set the beam to fall on the ground that it took ages to get it right, always the dipper would end up on tree tops, Hid Needs clear lens otherwise dun buy it at all is my suggestion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks