Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2012, 09:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hero Motorcorp Ignitor 125cc launched @55,590 Ex-Showroom

Quote:
Hero MotorCorp, the world’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer has come up with the Ignitor, its own premium 125cc motorcycle . Priced at Rs 55,590 ex-showroom Delhi for the drum brake version, it is Rs 464 cheaper than the Honda sibling.
Source:
Hero MotoCorp launches Ignitor Page - 1| Zigwheels.com

The 2nd variant with tubeless tyres and disc brakes is available for Rs. 57,900 ex-showroom.

Last edited by _raVan_ : 4th July 2012 at 09:01.
_raVan_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 14:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hero Motorcorp Ignitor 125cc launched @55,590 Ex-Showroom

Yaaan.... At the end of the day, it is almost a stunner in Hero clothing . I thought once the alliance with Honda was served, Hero will stop the practice of churning out these kind of 'New' bikes.

Last edited by theexperthand : 4th July 2012 at 14:41.
Old 4th July 2012, 14:57   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
I thought once the alliance with Honda was served, Hero will stop the practice of churning out these kind of 'New' bikes.
That would not be possible as Hero has no R&D to speak of, as of now. I think they would have got 4-5 models from Honda during the divorce. They will launch, recycle, update these models for next 10-15 years. Certainly not the manufacture to look for something new and exciting.
Old 4th July 2012, 15:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

This is almost stupid from Hero's part. They were bashed enough for revamping their models with a sticker job and now they take a page straight out of Honda's book. The tail lamp(as with everything else on the bike), looks like a straight lift from the stunner. Those seats are like a carbon copy!. On the bright side, Stunner owners may find their spares not so scarce now.

Power: 11bhp at 8000RPM
Torque: 11Nm at 5000RPM
Weight: 129kg, a kilo more than the stunner.

Power and torque figures are ditto with the Stunner. Poor thinking from Hero. Atleast should've fitted it with Nitrox suspension and split handlebars while retaining the Half Naked Chain from the Stunner to make it look like a better version of the Stunner.

Hero Motorcorp Ignitor 125cc launched @55,590 Ex-Showroom-untitled.jpg
Old 4th July 2012, 15:31   #5
BHPian

Ignitor. What is it with these names? Seems the indian motorcycle market is running out of good names. Another typical Hero motocorp offering. It seems they have only a R&D for designing stickers. Otherwise its a straight rip-off. I remember how the good old CBZ was killed by hero honda by adding all kinds of stickers to that awesome bike and renaming it CBZ star or whatever. The old CBZ had some real die-hard fans.

By the way, doesn't the Stunner come with Fuel Injection? During the time I bought my bike, the stunner was the costliest offering from the Honda stable because of the FI engine. There is no mention of FI in Ignitor.
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 15:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
By the way, doesn't the Stunner come with Fuel Injection? During the time I bought my bike, the stunner was the costliest offering from the Honda stable because of the FI engine. There is no mention of FI in Ignitor.
The Stunner is also offered as an FI Variant. The normal carbed version is also available.
Old 4th July 2012, 17:25   #7
BHPian

No doubt it is a good looking bike for this price. But I don't understand the reason to have 2 absolutely similar bikes from 2 different manufacturers who were together once upon a time. Wish they had done some sort of pact that only one manufacturer will be able to continue with certain models.
Old 4th July 2012, 17:37   #8
BHPian

This is same as Nissan Micra and Renault Pulse. Same vehicle with different branding.
Old 5th July 2012, 13:35   #9
BHPian

Thumbs down to this bike!! This is a true-copy of the stunner!! I can remember atleast 5 such bike models by Hero Honda which were market duds:
1.Hero Honda Joy (I have just seen one vehicle on-road, which my father's colleague owned)
2.Hero Honda Ambition - A good balance of power and FE. Unfortunately was a big time failure. I have the 2004 model type-2 (with the old CBZs headlamp assembly) and it's market value today is not even 10K.
3.Hero Honda Achiever. No comments about this
4.Hero honda Hawk.
5.Ignitor?? Really?? It atleast doesn't ignite me!

C'mon Hero Motocorp, get a life!!
Old 17th July 2012, 13:42   #10
BHPian

Same old strategy of copy pasting their old products with new stickers. The are running Passion / Splendor / CBZ with dozen of names and variety of stickers...
the most creative stuff these guys have done is to design better looking stickers each year.
Impulse was a breath of fresh air from them, looks like they are back to tried and tested ways
Old 17th July 2012, 13:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

Copy business is ok. But what I can't stand is giving names like 'Stunner', 'Ignitor', 'Achiever', 'Ambition', 'Joy','Hunk' to motorcycles. Wow. Ignitor is one of the worst names I have ever heard. Yuck.

Can Honda sue them for copying their design? Or did they have an agreement wherein, Hero could use the same designs as Honda had?
Old 8th February 2013, 17:09   #12

I bought a black Hero Ignitor a month ago. This model is sans disc brake.

I have, so far, clocked more than 300 Kms. on this bike. My daily commute consists mostly of city traffic with a kilometer or two of National Highway in between. I am more than satisfied with the bike as it has kind of blended right away with my riding style.

Most people draw comparisons with Honda Stunner. The reason for doing so is the unmistakable design and styling in evidence in the two models. However, there are differences which, in my view, set the Hero Ignitor a notch above the Stunner. These are: the lack of the kick start and the absence of the full chain cover, in the latter.

I ride defensively. In fact, too defensively at times. Riding a bike at a snail's pace, comfortably, with consistence and patience is no problem. My six-year old Discover 135 has gone past 65000 Kms. almost without the engine ever throwing a whiff that it needs attention. Even a minor one. Save and except for change in engine oils at the recommended odometer readings.

That said, I easily pull away from other bikers at traffic stops once the lights go green. Most bikes find it hard to dodge potholes or obstacles at speeds the way I can on the Ignitor. This, I suppose, may be attributed to its wide and low handlebar stance which permits to dive straight into corners quickly and neatly than ever.

The Hero Ignitor with its five gears are a delight for me. The gear shift pattern took me sometime to get used to. The Discover 135 has four gears in an all-down format.

I love the Hero Ignitor the way it is. Probably, I would not want it any other way than it has been designed. To me, it has got a styling which invokes images of the Hero Karizma R, combined with the fuel thriftiness of a Hero Glamour.

I can live with the brakes. At a shade higher than 90 kilos, traveling at times upwards of 60 KmpH, I can safely slow down the bike to a halt in a reasonable distance. I say "reasonable" because 20 feet, or thereabouts, may or may not be acceptable to those accustomed with gorgeously large disc brake units doing duty on front/rear wheels of their steeds.

I am disinclined to do stoppies and such other nonsense on a bike which has not been designed to do. Discs, or without - notwithstanding.

Pillion riders, of all proportions - whether generously endowed, or emaciated, have unanimously expressed admiration at the ride comfort even when traveling on uneven long stretches in the part of country I live in.

Old 27th February 2013, 11:33   #13

Crossed 1000 Kilometers this day. That in a mere 25 days. I am loving it!
Attached Thumbnails
Hero Motorcorp Ignitor 125cc launched @55,590 Ex-Showroom-photo0067.jpg  

fruitjam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 17:49   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitjam View Post
Crossed 1000 Kilometers this day. That in a mere 25 days. I am loving it!
Congratulation fruitjam. Many more miles ahead to come, enjoy your ride & safe drive .
shomshree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 18:32   #15
BANNED

Damn!

Guys are Hero Motor Corp are just peeling off the stickers from the Stunner and giving their stickers and a vague name and selling it!

Isn't this illegal? Does HMSI have a chance to file a case on Hero motors for doing such things.?!

Tomorrow Hero motors will take the CBR 250R and peel off its stickers and re-name it as Karizma (next-gen).

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks