Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2008, 14:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrozenFire View Post
Hey Tumbler and ms001. Congrats on being among the first in the country to get your hands on the R15. And at the risk of sounding like a broken record, do post some pics soon! Cheers...
thanks buddy, will post the pics tomorrow for sure,
just to add to the ownership experience
it is getting tons of attention everywhere, some typical comments, from people...

hey which bike is this , did you import it? looks awesome

hey this looks exacatly like the R 1, cool bike

petrol pump wala -- sar nice bike why dont u put wider tyres ,sir air pressure seems to low, ill check it for you

whats the milage,how many cc is it, ohh only 150cc

how much does is it on road

one guy followed me to my house and had a long list of qeuries, iam glad he ddnt ask for a test ride.

this is the best bike i have ever seen closely... etc etc etc the list is endless

Iam enjoying the attention but a little concerned about parking it in a public place, caus everyone wants to get his hands on to it.
Old 4th July 2008, 14:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Tumbler and ms001.

Short and nice report.

What colour do you have - blue or black?

Pictures please.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 4th July 2008 at 14:57.
Old 4th July 2008, 15:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Congrats Tumbler and ms001.

Short and nice report.

What colour do you have - blue or black?

Pictures please.
thanks, i have the blue one
Old 4th July 2008, 15:13   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Tumbler, lovely report. Btw, there is a lot of speculation about the height of the bike. some say it is smaller than an RTR, is that true?

Also, let us know what is your height and is it comfortable to straddle for taller guys? Post pics asap. Hope you got the blue, its a killer of a color.

Btw, whats the Mileage. ( Asked like a truly indian budget consious fella)
Old 4th July 2008, 15:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Tumbler, lovely report. Btw, there is a lot of speculation about the height of the bike. some say it is smaller than an RTR, is that true?

Also, let us know what is your height and is it comfortable to straddle for taller guys? Post pics asap. Hope you got the blue, its a killer of a color.

on the same note how light does the bike feel as light as the HH cd100 or like a say 125cc bike? i am sure its not as heavy as the other 150cc bikes in the market, so come on mate forget the figures on the paper for the moment we here want to know how light it actually feels!
Old 4th July 2008, 15:17   #21
BHPian

Congrats on the bike, Tumbler. She is a stunner. Hope you too have a lot of fun together. How is the seating position? Comfortable for medium distance riding?

Cheers
Anurag
Old 4th July 2008, 15:21   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
it is getting tons of attention everywhere, some typical comments, from people...

hey which bike is this , did you import it? looks awesome

hey this looks exacatly like the R 1, cool bike

petrol pump wala -- sar nice bike why dont u put wider tyres ,sir air pressure seems to low, ill check it for you

whats the milage,how many cc is it, ohh only 150cc

how much does is it on road

one guy followed me to my house and had a long list of qeuries, iam glad he ddnt ask for a test ride.

this is the best bike i have ever seen closely... etc etc etc the list is endless

Iam enjoying the attention but a little concerned about parking it in a public place, caus everyone wants to get his hands on to it.
Congrats ms001 on a wonderful bike. I think the first on t-bhp. Do drive carefully and enjoy.

You know, the questions asked/comments you have listed above are very similar to what people used to ask me in 2001 when I had bought the Bajaj Eliminator when it had just been launched. I used to give all funny answers depending on my mood. For the mileage part, I always used to say 20 and then see the reaction on the persons face. For cc, I would say 350, 500 etc.. whatever came to mind.

I remember facing parking issues, however; parking attendants used to give VIP treatment -- I used to pay them 2 Rs extra

I would love to buy the R15, but my wife would for sure leave me/file a case against me if I did so. Sadly, am not allowed to drive bikes anymore after an accident that I had long back
khan_sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2008, 15:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

yes it is quite low in height, not sure about RTR height,the C G is quite low, makes it quite firm footed, my height is 5'8+ , i find it quite comfortable, but strain on the back.shoulders, sometime i feel like im putting pressure on my palms, still tryin to find the best seating positon
Old 4th July 2008, 15:29   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey ms001, does the R15 give that 'growl' when revved?
Old 4th July 2008, 15:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Tumbler & ms001 on you new possession, the much awaited Yamaha R15!

Pleassseee post some pics!

I love riding bikes, but alas the Indian traffic & road conditions make me scarier!
Old 4th July 2008, 15:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Hey ms001, does the R15 give that 'growl' when revved?
no khan bhai , it dsnt give that typical super bike growl like its bigger cousins, the sound is quite muffled ,but its quite pleasing and very different from any other Indin bikes, i like it
Old 4th July 2008, 15:47   #27
BHPian

congrats Tumbler & ms001,
nice review Tumbler..
yes true the grear shift is quite trouble... hope will get used to it.
no kick start, wonder what if battery is dead, then have to jump start..
Old 4th July 2008, 16:02   #28
BHPian

conngrats Tumbler and ms001
drive safe.
Old 4th July 2008, 16:23   #29
BANNED

Heard that many addons are available with showroom and together they costs 14K, get them.Congrates on new bike and welcome to Yamaha family .
Old 4th July 2008, 19:28   #30
BHPian

The big picture

Wow. So many requests for Pics. Tumbler is flattered. And I'm sure all want to see only the bike. So, without further delay, here are a few photos (shot with my mobile phone).

Now, I'm driving a bike after years (and years and years) of driving cars (you could read my intro for more details at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/888623-post1.html) and don’t go guessing my age. So please bear with my naiveté as I answer some of your questions.

I weigh a constant 73kgs and am over 6ft tall and dark and handsome (just like the bike), so that should put to rest questions on riding the bike, ease of handling, managing weight (mine and the bike’s) and the attention grabbing.

Moving on, the mileage should be around 35-40, but then who cares with such a bike.

As ms001 mentioned, the low CG gives it a firm footing and once the bike is in motion you hardly feel the weight and the control is simply brilliant.

Oh, and another important point. People constantly pull me over on side of the road to take pics. So after these mini photo shoots and when people are staring at me at a signal stop, I begin to crouch like a tiger ready to pounce, put the bike in gear and rev on (I call this the sports mode).

Due to the driving posture, one has to remember not to put too much of weight on the palms like doing pushups while driving, rather a gentle hold would do.

Gotta get me a set of those sports gear to impress more. Until then, VRooom

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags. Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post. Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support Staff
Attached Thumbnails
R15 Ownership Experience-tumbler_front.jpg  

R15 Ownership Experience-tumbler_side.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th July 2008 at 19:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks