Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2005, 16:07   #31
BHPian

Nah, I really doubt the new DTSi would do anything more than 130.... Really dont think so....
Old 2nd April 2005, 01:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

i think the maximum the dtsi will be able to do is 130 kmph .nothing more than that.come on its 180 cc engine what do you expect from it.
Old 3rd April 2005, 03:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

why do u talk when u dont have the bike.i specifically mentioned on the speedo(130+) real speed may be about 120-125.anyway i have seen one thread were someone mentioned 145kmph on Karizma.krazima has the worst speedo then because its true topspeed is 126kmph(ACI).and i am sure bajaj have recalibrated the speedo.they have not just changed the wheels.it is lot more modified than what meets the eye.ride 2004 180dtsi and 2005 180dtsi u'll get the difference in the engine.
Old 4th April 2005, 21:13   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
latest generation p180(2005)----above 130kmph on spedometer.i myself have done 120kmph on speedo with a pillion on my 1000km run in P180.
The speeds I have mentioned are not speedo read outs. Speeds mentioned are obtained using Vbox2,speed measuring device used by Some leading automobile magazines. The new 180DTSI has a lower top speed, due to the smaller dia wheels, though the torgue has improved at lower revs.
Old 6th April 2005, 00:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

i have never contested ur claims.
Old 6th April 2005, 23:04   #36
BHPian

hey merve........try and drag the od and the new pulsars and u will seee who wins.......the new pulsar had surely more midrange punch and the LET is better but the top-end is less.......even bajaj claims that....check out the pulsar's website!I have ridden the new pulsar a lot and i even the bike for a trip and i was able to do a max of 128kmph on the speedo but i know it wasnt doing that much coz my frends zma showed 122kmph!
Old 7th April 2005, 22:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

i have posted my speed for 2005 p180.i have never riden a 2004 p180 so how shall i know what speed it is capable of.see 130kmph+ was what i thought the bike could do as i have mentioned.i never mentioned i have achived that speed.2 differnt vehicles with different makes of Speedo will always have some difference is showing the speed. and dont u think finding speeds like 122 and 128 is a bit difficult on bikes with analog speedo especially when u are riding at that speed.on analog speedo error in reading between 122 and 128 is highy possible.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 7th April 2005 at 22:35.
Old 7th April 2005, 22:39   #38
Senior - BHPian

to add to it to find actual speed of a vechile u have to travel in both directions to neutralize the effect of wind.i once reachead 95kmph on a bajaj saffire with verey heavy tail wind on a beach road.does it mean saffire whose actual topspeed is 72kmph is capable of doing 95.u have to see all the variables.
Old 7th April 2005, 22:40   #39
Senior - BHPian

in manual topspeed us given as 125kmph.
Old 11th April 2005, 23:14   #40
BHPian

oh merve ur argument is far away from reality but lets not talk about that!i know whats the fact...and i'm happy about that!

Last edited by fieroid : 11th April 2005 at 23:15.
Old 12th April 2005, 00:13   #41
Senior - BHPian

ok.Fieroid what u say is the official speedo topspeed of P180 from now on.i have never gone past 120kmph on my p180 so i have no intention to contest ur claims.

IMO the lower topspeed is not due to the reduction in tyre size but due to the fact that they have shortned the gearing for more acceleration than topspeed
Old 15th April 2005, 03:25   #42
BHPian

dude ...when the wheel size goes down obviously the gearing goes short coz the original gear ratios r not changed...thats why the magazines suggest that u go for sproketting at the rear to compensate for the shorter rim size...so u can have a lesser 2 teeth sproket at the rear.so there by u can have the same top-end whack and midrange of the old p180.the main idea behind the 17" wheels is to offer better dynamics to the bike and the otherwise tall pulsar is now more nimble to handle...so thats the reason why bajaj is taking the 17" route on all their high-end bikes like the disco and pulsy!
but even if u do speoketting the midrange will anyday be better than the old pulsars, coz it has the resonance box attached to the exhaust.
Dude merve,i am not speaking out from blue,i have tried and tested and I have been working on bikes on my own and hence I know some facts. Most of what the mags publish is far from reality and this creates a wave in the young minds and hence all this happens..i agree that u have done 130kmph on speedo, which is very much possible coz the speedo does not have a string to hold the error!
If u have some more bucks to spend, try a sigma and check the speedo.most of those who have tried the top-end of the p180 wid the sigma, claim it does a max of 124kmph while the speedo shows more than 135kmph.....so I wonder what was on the speedo when overdrive claims the pulsar does 128kmph wid v-box 11!
Old 15th April 2005, 16:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid
i agree that u have done 130kmph on speedo, which is very much possible coz the speedo does not have a string to hold the error!
If u have some more bucks to spend, try a sigma and check the speedo.most of those who have tried the top-end of the p180 wid the sigma, claim it does a max of 124kmph while the speedo shows more than 135kmph.....so I wonder what was on the speedo when overdrive claims the pulsar does 128kmph wid v-box 11!
arrae Baba.what are u telling.I HAVE NEVER REACHED 130KMPH on my p180.i have reached max 120.but at that point i felt if i was riding alone it COULD HAVE done 130kmph.u may be right on topspeed.i cannot comment on it.

Thanks anyway.
Old 15th April 2005, 22:23   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
latest generation p180(2005)----above 130kmph on spedometer.i myself have done 120kmph on speedo with a pillion on my 1000km run in P180.
so then how did u claim that the new pulsar can do above 130kmph on speedo , when u have only done 120kmph on speedo.So what does that say....isnt it shooting in the air..so if i say i did 124kmph on speedo on my fiero wid a pilllion,does that mean that i cud have done 130+ if i were alone.....(this is true....i once did 124 kmph on my fiero when i did a bangalore-mysore run wid my frend in 1hr 39mins)....i also have a pic of that speedo read!
so pls stop giving misleading figures...the top-end whack is very marginal wid a pillion or without a pillion....coz ur bike can reach the peak even wid a pillion.
so that dosent mean that if u have some weight taken off ur bike,it will do 130kmph!lesser weight will give better acceleration but the top-end will remain the same!
Old 15th April 2005, 22:33   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid
so then how did u claim that the new pulsar can do above 130kmph on speedo , when u have only done 120kmph on speedo.So what does that say....isnt it shooting in the air..so if i say i did 124kmph on speedo on my fiero wid a pilllion,does that mean that i cud have done 130+ if i were alone.....(this is true....i once did 124 kmph on my fiero when i did a bangalore-mysore run wid my frend in 1hr 39mins)....i also have a pic of that speedo read!
so pls stop giving misleading figures...the top-end whack is very marginal wid a pillion or without a pillion....coz ur bike can reach the peak even wid a pillion.
so that dosent mean that if u have some weight taken off ur bike,it will do 130kmph!lesser weight will give better acceleration but the top-end will remain the same!
OK now were did i say i did 130kmph.if u think the speed of the bike will remain more or less the same with a pillion then u are dreaming.u are assuming all peole will be feather light weighing 40kgs.size does matter.anyways i dont want to argue with u,its not worth it.

OK now i change my statement and say I BELIVE IT WILL BE POSSIBLE FOR THE P180 TO REACH 130KMPH ON SPEEDO WITHOUT A PILLION.

happy now,so stop arguing now.i am not intrested to know what sigma,zigma u have.END OF TOPIC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks