Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2008, 19:56   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P180V1 View Post
WELL WELL WELL, PHAMILYMAN, & I thought we wre discussing lights for P150 & here you are giving contradicting statements.

CHEERS,
G D
Ooppssyy!! and i hope you dont get any infractions for this, my friend. Only two smilies allowed per post.
Sorry to go OT, though.

Dhaval
Old 20th September 2008, 18:35   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
Ooppssyy!! and i hope you dont get any infractions for this, my friend. Only two smilies allowed per post.
Sorry to go OT, though.

Dhaval
Truly said didn't get an infraction though, just a pm & post edited by the mods.

CHEERS,
G D
Old 21st September 2008, 09:29   #18
BHPian

If he really wants to put a hid kit on his bike then let him i have one on my pulsar 180.. and its much better than any halogen bulb.
He can get a single filament bulb fitted in the projector.
Then again as u said messing around with the wiring is another problem..
Also consider this, my battery gets drained very fast even after i have got the coils re wound, there was even a time when the bike wouldnt start because the battery was dead.
On his bike this was be a major problem as there is no kick start ( not that kick starting my bike was easy )
So if u consider the pros and cons of this, i would suggest he jus changes the bulb to a white one, try Narva which is good, i went through 5 bulbs before buying a HID kit, but as of now i want to sell the kit.
Old 21st September 2008, 11:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Wayne, that sounds like a very honest opinion regarding using HIDs on P220. How much are you selling the kit for? Did you use a relay/wiring kit when you got the HID installed?

Stock P220 bulb is rated at 55W so how does using a 55W HID kit cause battery draining/not charging issues since the wattage for both stock bulbs and HID is the same? I don't understand this could some one tell me why.
Old 22nd September 2008, 07:49   #20
BHPian

Hey

approx.. 3 k because i bought it for 6k..but im not too sure if i want to sell it, cause my dad wants to change it back to the halogen but i'd rather leave it this way.. it has a halogen bulb and a HID bulb so it can be alternated, unfortunately i did not run a relay for the halogen bulb so while flashing the light it blew, hence that does not work.
Regarding your question about it being 55w. I honestly wouldnt know, this HID kit which i bought is infact 35w, and 6000k, but i have had such issues with the battery, the previous battery couldnt be charged, i changed it to a tata green battery.
so it would be a big problem putting a HID kit on a p220 as the battery is smaller, Bajaj has even used less powerfull horns on the p220 to reduce the strain on the battery.
Old 23rd September 2008, 00:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne D View Post
Also consider this, my battery gets drained very fast even after i have got the coils re wound, there was even a time when the bike wouldnt start because the battery was dead.
This usually is the root cause. There is a delicate balance in rewinding coils. SOme coils give great lighting power, but they suck real bad at charging the battery. My first attempt at rewinding my RX coils resulted in the same. Took it back to him and told him to do it again. Finally in the 2rd attempt, it came about all right

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 23rd September 2008 at 00:15.
Old 23rd September 2008, 00:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Dear P180v1,

Since you seem so adept at NOT reading posts, let me break it down for you. Venkat's friend wants the white light (same as Venkat's HID) it is quite clear to me (as to others) he needs it for pose value. If you do bother to recall the P150 thread, I only advocate HIDs for highway use. Hence, the suggestion for venkat's friend to upgrade for appropriate nightbreakers for good lighting, if slghtly whiter light with less nuisance is what he needs. If he needs white for no apparent reason (aka posing), then he's better off being dissuaded. Plus the requirement is for OEM replacement which I clearly don't recommend, given the electricals complexity and the nuisance factor.

The P150 thread was about performance - so HIDs come into play.

Blithely obvious, and non-contradictory, if you had actually bothered to read.

*Yawn* So long and thanks for the OT post

@Mods: Sorry but some junk needed to be debunked and replied.
Old 28th January 2009, 19:29   #23
BHPian

MRF Tyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
One of my friend is using 140/70 mm MRF tyres.Its a direct fitment and he is quite satisfied with the perfomance of the same.
Hi,

How did your friend get the 140 / 70 mm Tyre. Kindly let me know if it is the same one as the Yamaha FZ 16. Also where did he get this tyre from and what is the cost. Kindly provide more details on this

Kailash
Old 29th January 2009, 10:44   #24
BHPian

Woah - 140/70 tyre on a Pulsar 220 ? Was it a direct fit without any modifications ? That is one mean size for that bike !

Regards,
Venkat
Old 30th January 2009, 23:38   #25
BHPian

Yeah! Its a direct fitment.My another friend is using the FZ's rear tire on his 220 as well.The FZ's gives a better look but do watch out for big potholes due to the low profile of the tire.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks