Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2010, 21:03   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
Zip I think this price list is a bit too much. 4000 for the electroplating is way too much. It is better to buy new components with that cash. by the way which garage are you speaking of.
Chipz, i didnt knew you were from TVM itself. The mechanic i am talking about is Sanal, who has his work- shop in kumarapuram. I took it to Sydney of Hilton also. He suggested changing the parts rather than electro plating

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I would second Chipz opinion on buying new components but I'm not commenting anything on the price of electroplating as it depends on quality of the work & the place you give it. But I'm sure you'll be able to get new parts for a little over 4K for all the chrome parts in RX; the ones I intend are Silencer, exhaust, handle bars, rims & spokes, front & rear fenner, upper left & right stays, arm shift, kicker assy,rear brake pedal etc.
yes aargee... if thats the case, then i would as well go for changing the parts rather than electroplating. But i would not change the rims/spokes/silencers as they seems to be original. i will go for electro plating them.

Attaching photos

Quote:
Zipdrive - Request you to start a new thread or we would start infracting for hijacking Rahul's thread. I'll keep my answers short here though, I don't think you'll need the price for all the items in the 42 pager catalogue as you're intentions are not to change each & every part. If your engine is smooth, then what's the Rs 3000 for? Pls get that clarified; Painting job varies a lot with quality of work & quality of paint; though 2.5K is decent, I'm not sure what to comment; Plating 4K is something again I'm not sure; what're those miscellaneous work for? Try to obtain the list of work. Good Luck.
aargee, the reason i would like to have the catalogue is to know more about what goes in to my yamaha. I would then have a through understanding of each and every part of yamaha rx 100. who knows, maybe ten months down the line, i would be repairing my bike myself. Hope you understood my reason
Attached Thumbnails
1988 model RX100 - Bringing back to Glory-imag022222.jpg  

1988 model RX100 - Bringing back to Glory-image1111.jpg  

Last edited by Zappo : 4th April 2010 at 22:19. Reason: Please do not make these back to back posts. All consecutive posts merged.
Old 5th April 2010, 07:41   #47
BHPian

Zip; your rim and mudguard seems to have pretty good plating. Just need a bit polishing. definitely not needing plating. Do you know a mechanic named madhu near ulloor. he was working with Yamaha in noida at the time of the RXs. He is a puli with 2 strokes. You can pm me for his phone number. He is my regular mechanic and has never failed me. There is also a muthoot yamaha in ulloor to get the original spares from. I recommend you just take the bike to him for a checking or estimate.
Old 5th April 2010, 18:57   #48
BHPian

@zipdrive : The bike looks good. As Chips said there is no need to change the parts I think as they are pretty ok. Better to do polishing.
Old 5th April 2010, 22:20   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
Zip; your rim and mudguard seems to have pretty good plating. Just need a bit polishing. definitely not needing plating. Do you know a mechanic named madhu near ulloor. he was working with Yamaha in noida at the time of the RXs. He is a puli with 2 strokes. You can pm me for his phone number. He is my regular mechanic and has never failed me. There is also a muthoot yamaha in ulloor to get the original spares from. I recommend you just take the bike to him for a checking or estimate.
Thanks Chipz. i dont know the mechanic, but can u mail me his number- tomkalayil @ gmail.com.
Old 8th April 2010, 07:40   #50
BHPian

advice and suggestions needed

Friends,
Need another help from you all. The 2t oil level indicators are not working. My mechanic says its hard to procure. anyone has an idea where this could be procured from and what cost it would incur?

also the carbs are Mikuni, I am not sure japan, but they are really old. (probably as old as the bike) The mechanic also said this could be changed to a new one as this would bring in better efficiency. again what cost?
Attached Thumbnails
1988 model RX100 - Bringing back to Glory-imag0207-2.jpg  

1988 model RX100 - Bringing back to Glory-imag0205.jpg  

Old 8th April 2010, 09:49   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipdrive View Post
Need another help from you all. The 2t oil level indicators are not working. My mechanic says its hard to procure. anyone has an idea where this could be procured from and what cost it would incur?
More than true. Since Dec 2009 I have been getting the same reply - "Saar, they stopped making the needle model. If you want, I'll get RX135's".

Quote:
also the carbs are Mikuni, I am not sure japan, but they are really old. (probably as old as the bike) The mechanic also said this could be changed to a new one as this would bring in better efficiency. again what cost?
Not sure on the price, but if I need one, I would definetly not look for the price . If you don't care for too much of mileage, try flatslides.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:05   #52
BHPian

Quote:
More than true. Since Dec 2009 I have been getting the same reply - "Saar, they stopped making the needle model. If you want, I'll get RX135's".

Not sure on the price, but if I need one, I would definetly not look for the price . If you don't care for too much of mileage, try flatslides.
excuse me for my knowledge, but what is flatslides?
Old 8th April 2010, 13:50   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
excuse me for my knowledge, but what is flatslides?
Use Google & you can find this that comes in several sizes.
Old 9th April 2010, 05:20   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Friends,
Is your oil pump is working or you are adding oil with petrol ? I hope that your oil pump is working that's why you want to make the oil indicator working ?
Old 9th April 2010, 08:17   #55
BHPian

Hi friends is it possible to procure this connector. it is used to connect the accelerator cable to the carburator. Attaching a picture. The mechanic told it costs about 400 rs and there is no production of that now. Do you know where in trivandrum I can get it.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
1988 model RX100 - Bringing back to Glory-carburator.jpg  

Old 9th April 2010, 11:42   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul20_6 View Post
Is your oil pump is working or you are adding oil with petrol ? I hope that your oil pump is working that's why you want to make the oil indicator working ?
oil pumb is working.but not the needle! i dont mix oil with petrol.
Old 9th April 2010, 14:56   #57
BHPian

old mikuni is better than the next generation Micarbs. flats slides are expensive and too tricky to set right. moreover getting jet sizes will be even more difficult. put a tape to stop water entry, till the time you find the connector
Old 9th April 2010, 16:19   #58
BHPian

Bangy guyz, please suggest some professional mechanic who can take care of performance modification of my 1996 model RX!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks