Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 3 100.00%
Recommended 0 0%
Not Recommended 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2nd June 2010, 15:04   #1
Team-BHP Support
Default Seats & Upholstery : Chandrakant (Prabhadevi, Mumbai)

Services offered:
  • Replacing seat upholstery, changing seat foam, rebuilding the seat & seat frames.
What I like:
  • Durable construction and quality. Upholstery lasts 4 - 5 years despite all the offroading abuse my Jeep takes (rain, muck, sleeping cats etc.).
  • He manages to get great back support out of his seats.
  • Cheap pricing. Remember to bargain!
  • Relatively quick. Takes 2 days for complete seat rebuilding (including new frame, foam and upholstery)
What I don't like:
  • Not the choice for expensive cars. If your car costs over 6 - 7 lakhs, look elsewhere.
  • Unorganised segment. Don't expect a showroom.
  • Work is good, not excellent. Quality rating 8 / 10 (not 10 / 10).
Pricing: Ranges from cheap to reasonable.

Speciality / USP: Can source any kind of upholstery you want. Can give you any kind of seat shape. Endless options available.

What I have bought from him: 2X Jeep seats done up. 2X canopy (top). 1x Tata Sierra seats.

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Chandrakant (main guy) or Prakash
- Phone numbers: 98215.77030
- Postal Address: Chandrakant Car Decorators, Adeshwar Apartment, Next to Darbar Hotel, Prabhadevi, Mumbai - 400 025.
- Helpful landmarks / directions: Next to Shaman Motors. The lane behind Siddhivinayak Temple
- Email / Website : N/A
- GoogleMap:
Seats & Upholstery : Chandrakant (Prabhadevi, Mumbai)-chandrakant.png

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th June 2010 at 18:08. Reason: "Shaman Ford > Shaman Motors" as per reported post.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

I got my Gypsy Front Seats refoamed alongwith seat cover and also got normal seat covers for the rear benches done from Prakash just 2 days back.
It took 5 hours to get the whole work done.

They will remove your seats, take measurements, stich the covers then and there, add foam, check the measurements again and finally fit it on your existing seats.

Quality is good for the price you pay. Honest guy who does the work for you.

People who buy Jeeps / Gypsys and who complain about the seats but also dont want to go for new seats can get this done.

Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote