| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|20th October 2010, 21:30||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2007
Thanked: 188 Times
Coastal Karnataka from Mysore.... suggestions needed
We (me and wifey) are planning a trip to Coastal Karnataka during the next weekend. We are planning for 4 days. The plan is as follows:
Day 1 (Oct 29): Start from Mysore by 6 am. Drive Kukke Subramanya. Route: Mysore - Madikeri - Sulya - Kukke Subramanya. After darshan at Subramanya drive to Dharamasthala. After darshan in Dharamasthala reach Mangalore for the night.
Day 2 (Oct 30): Mangalore - Bekal Fort - Mangalore. Then Mangalore - Udupi (St Mary's Island, Krishna temple) - Murudeshwar
Day 3 (Oct 31): Murudeshwar - Gokarna - Karwar - Murudeshwar
Day 4 (Nov 1): Murudeshwar to Mysore. Route: Murudeshwar - Mangalore - Madikeri - Mysore.
We will be going in our Esteem. Wifey does not know driving, so it will be only 1 driver (Love to drive ... )
Need suggestions for the following:
1. Need to know the current road conditions across all the routes mentioned above. Based on the current road conditions is the plan good enough?
2. First halt will be in Mangalore. Need one good hotel there
3. Second and third halts will be either in Udupi/Kundapur/Bhatkal/Murudeshwar. Need good hotels in either of these locations
4. Must visit places in the route
5. Must visit restaurants in the route.
|21st October 2010, 16:56||#3|
Join Date: May 2010
Thanked: 0 Times
Reply to gypsyfreak's plan
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Coastal Karnataka National Highways: Monsoon Roads||Samurai||Route / Travel Queries||187||16th August 2017 16:08|
|Trip to Coastal Karnataka - Advice needed.||chandras1||Route / Travel Queries||21||5th May 2007 12:44|
|5 vehicles crash in coastal karnataka||nbr||Shifting gears||31||27th April 2007 20:59|
|Weekend Travelogue: Coastal Karnataka||akroy||Travelogues||15||27th August 2006 18:00|