Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2008, 12:31   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: TVM
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Thinking about a 2000 Lancer Automatic in Chennai EDIT : Now bought 1.8 Invex

I am currently considering a 2000 Lancer, automatic with 60k kms in Chennai - asking price is 2.4L. Mechanicals seem ok, although awaiting final report from a mechanic. Cosmetically, the paint on the bonnet is bubbling and the front grill is not the original - it is from a newer model, made to fit into this. So, my doubt is that there must have been some mishap involving the front of the car.

How to verify it?

Also, where in Chennai can I get the original grill for a 2000 Lancer?
Is repainting the whole car a good idea? Any rough cost estimate will be good.
Is it possible to replace or cover the aged interior panels/leather seat covers so that the age does not show? What are the options here? Cost will help too.

Will appreciate any input - have never owned a car in India, hence do not know much about the options here.

Thank you.
AutomaticChoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2008, 14:11   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

I would request you to stay away from such a car. Looks like it has been in an accident. Find another good lancer, there are plenty around.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2008, 16:43   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,772
Thanked: 89,495 Times
Default

Welcome to the team, AutomaticChoice. You sure live up to your handle, dont ya?

I smell something fishy here....the only automatic Lancer that was sold in India, debuted in 2003 (or in the whereabouts). It was called the Lancer Invex and came with a 1.8 liter engine.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 11:28   #4
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: TVM
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

esteem_lover, GTO, thanks for your input. I am also skeptical and may not go for it.

what other options are available in automatics within 3-4L range (for used), excluding Santro, Wagon-r, City & Lancer?

Does any of the Ford models (Ikon, fusion etc) have automatic variants?

Pitiful scenario for automatics
AutomaticChoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 13:10   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,772
Thanked: 89,495 Times
Default

Quote:
what other options are available in automatics within 3-4L range (for used), excluding Santro, Wagon-r, City & Lancer?
Within sedans, the OHC Automatic is your best bet. Dippy picked one up and is extremely satisfied with its performance. Search for his review threads. If you can stretch your budget, nothing like a used NHC CVT.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 17:13   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: TVM
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Is 5L a reasonable price for a 2004 City CVT in good condition?
AutomaticChoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 17:42   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutomaticChoice View Post
Is 5L a reasonable price for a 2004 City CVT in good condition?
5-6L is the used car value for a good CVT. have it checked with Honda before you commit
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 12:21   #8
BHPian
 
redsfx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 297
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutomaticChoice View Post
I am currently considering a 2000 Lancer, automatic with 60k kms in Chennai - asking price is 2.4L. Mechanicals seem ok, although awaiting final report from a mechanic. Cosmetically, the paint on the bonnet is bubbling and the front grill is not the original - it is from a newer model, made to fit into this. So, my doubt is that there must have been some mishap involving the front of the car.

How to verify it?

Also, where in Chennai can I get the original grill for a 2000 Lancer?
Is repainting the whole car a good idea? Any rough cost estimate will be good.
Is it possible to replace or cover the aged interior panels/leather seat covers so that the age does not show? What are the options here? Cost will help too.

Will appreciate any input - have never owned a car in India, hence do not know much about the options here.

Thank you.

I have a 2000 model sfxi sports lancer which is fully loaded in ferrari red colour. You can look at it in the market place section. Have a look at it and if you are interested we can take this further. Car is in super-mint condition. It is a very rare car so mind you it comes at a marginal premium. Only reason I am selling my car is beacuse i am upgrading to civic/RS. cAR IS IN CHENNAI.

Cheers
redsfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2008, 00:32   #9
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: TVM
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
I have a 2000 model sfxi sports lancer which is fully loaded in ferrari red colour. You can look at it in the market place section. Have a look at it and if you are interested we can take this further. Car is in super-mint condition. It is a very rare car so mind you it comes at a marginal premium. Only reason I am selling my car is beacuse i am upgrading to civic/RS. cAR IS IN CHENNAI.

Cheers
redsfx... sorry, I was looking for an automatic and bought this one Lancer Invex 1.8 Low mileage, thanks to team-bhp classifieds.

Last edited by AutomaticChoice : 29th July 2008 at 00:35.
AutomaticChoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 09:32   #10
BHPian
 
abhiram7912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York, Hyderabad
Posts: 147
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutomaticChoice View Post
redsfx... sorry, I was looking for an automatic and bought this one Lancer Invex 1.8 Low mileage, thanks to team-bhp classifieds.
Lucky you thats one of the best looking lancer i have seen. enjoy the car.
abhiram7912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 23:19   #11
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: TVM
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram7912 View Post
Lucky you thats one of the best looking lancer i have seen. enjoy the car.
Thanks man. Took it out for a spin today for the first time - it is sweet...
AutomaticChoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 15:06   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,772
Thanked: 89,495 Times
Default

Congratulations! The 1.8 Invex is a superb automatic sedan. What makes me happier is the fact that the Team-BHP Classifieds got you hooked up with the car.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 16:46   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
Dippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 7,269
Thanked: 164 Times
Default

Just saw this thread

Congratulations on the Invex. Its a fabulous car with awesome handling plus you get the best of both worlds AT and tiptronic manual. It didnt sell alot when it was launched so you finding a good used example that too on the forum is lucky. It was infact one of the first cars which was test driven by Team BHP after it was born.

Happy motoring and looking forward to pictures and your ownership review.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 16:15   #14
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: TVM
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

GTO, Dippy, thanks.

I agree the interior is spartan - but I like the simple looks. Love the meaty wood-leather steering wheel. It has cloth interiors - not having leather is a sore sight in this car.

Anyway, had my first dent today with a transport bus brushing me in stop-go traffic and leaving a 6"x 3" dent on the front left side panel. Have to check if there are and paintless dent removal options in TVM
AutomaticChoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thinking of a new Gypsy: EDIT: Now Bought Sawyer SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 153 15th September 2009 09:48
Are you thinking what Iím thinking Tumbler Introduce yourself 11 4th July 2008 06:40
2006 Automatic Lancer Invex 1.8 for sale rishi_kapoor Shifting gears 10 12th July 2007 17:03
My new Mitsubishi Lancer 1.8 Invex -The Automatic Karma! rishi_kapoor Long-Term Ownership Reviews 51 5th June 2006 16:35
Mitsu Lancer Invex Powerslave The Indian Car Scene 2 3rd May 2004 06:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:25.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks