Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 15th October 2014, 15:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Indian Super League - Hit or Miss?

The ISL should be a hit, since it is on for 60 days it has ample time to get its TRP ratings up. However, the quality of football I saw in the first 2 matches is notches ahead of what we usually see in India. I just wish we had football only stadiums and not play in a common stadium, feel the crowds are far far away from the players.

Anyhow I am supporting Northeast United FC, being from that region plus them having a balanced team.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 20:44   #17
BHPian

I was there in the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium Chennai on 28.10.2014 when Chennai thrashed Mumbai 5-1. Chennai had the game well under control., and the noise was deafening. What a feeling !

Indian Super League - Hit or Miss?-h.jpg

Indian Super League - Hit or Miss?-d.jpg
Ddrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 10:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post

Anyhow I am supporting Northeast United FC, being from that region plus them having a balanced team.
Chennai, Kolkata and NE have been the most interesting teams that I've watched. Yet to see Delhi Dynamos in action

The Chennai Vs Kerala match is the best action so far. Hume of Kerala is quite a treat to watch

Coming to the names of the names of the teams, Dynamos, Blasters etc are cringe inducing. I liked the simpler names, particularly Chennayin FC (thankfully it was not 'super' FC as is generally the case with anything that comes from this part!!)

@Ddrive : Lucky you!!
mallumowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 10:52   #19

Watched the games on television, very commendable start and matches are also very interesting. Great to see ex internationals and winners such as Joan Capdevilla, David James sharing the space with our boys from India.

Rooting for NorthEast United, always have had a soft spot for our friends from that region
alfafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 10:59   #20
BHPian

Thanks Mallumowgli. I was lucky to be there in the ground for the Kerala Blasters vs Chennai match also. It was a bit tough for the hosts that day, but they won it anyway. It was nice watching that scissor kick goal by Mendy happening live so closely. Yes I was sitting there that side behind that goal post.
Ddrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 12:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to watch a match in Goa. Is it worth going for the most expensive (Rs 2500) tickets? I see that these seats give a full side view of the pitch, but I feel they will be too far. Would it make more sense to go for Rs. 300 tickets?

Also, I tried searching for FC Goa merchandise. Nothing is available online or in Adidas retail outlets. Someone said that it is sold in the ground. Is it so?
rohanjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 12:34   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I am planning to watch a match in Goa. Is it worth going for the most expensive (Rs 2500) tickets? I see that these seats give a full side view of the pitch, but I feel they will be too far. Would it make more sense to go for Rs. 300 tickets?

Also, I tried searching for FC Goa merchandise. Nothing is available online or in Adidas retail outlets. Someone said that it is sold in the ground. Is it so?
Personally, I've watched cricket matches through both VIP tickets as well as spartan tickets and never had lesser fun with any of them. The energy of thousands of people when it hits you is all that matters.

Get the 300 bucks tickets, and save the rest for a nice movie and a dinner. And just make sure you go a little early to get seats that offer good view.

@DDrive, been to Chennai Nehru stadium so many times during my school days, but never could look at it through beauty perspective. The stadium looks beautiful in the pics.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 31st October 2014 at 12:39.
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2014, 10:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Some good news - ISL becomes one of the best attended leagues

http://sports.ndtv.com/indian-super-...om=home-sports

Just hope that there are no more drab matches like the Mumbai Vs Kerala yesterday. The crowd in Kochi was just wonderful - but the team let down the supporters badly.
mallumowgli is offline   Reply With Quote