Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2011, 20:31   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fuel Adultration!! Death of Commissioner

If the fuel-mafia dared to kill a government official, it shows how entrenched the rogues have become in the establishment. I do not believe the murder happened without any tacit approval from someone powerful.
Old 28th January 2011, 21:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

Today, there is a report in the newspaper that the police have arrested 170 people in relation to this racket. The question is what were these police doing until now? . Why does it take for someone to be killed for the police to galvanize into action? Why can't they act before? That means majority of these police are in cahoots with the perpetrators and receive their 'share' from the oil mafia.

The report of the fuel adulteration racket was submitted way back in 1996-97 by an IAS officer. However she was systematically sidelined by all the superiors because she had named a few ministers and local politicians in her report.

Corruption is so deep rooted and present at all levels, that you don't know who to catch and with whom to start with. I say, start with the police first, for not catching the criminals even when they themselves have a full idea of what is going on behind the scenes. And this is not an only case, if you dig up the police files, there will hundreds of such other cases awaiting justice.
Old 28th January 2011, 21:17   #33
BHPian

If you are honest government employee and want to do something good or stand up against corruption, you have to be blessed with the same kind of people as subordinates or seniors. Why i am saying is, one of the arrested guy in this case has said that the PA and the driver of this officer was paid monthly bribe, and these guys are also saying they cannot identify the culprits. And they just flew away from the scene when this officer was attacked.
Old 29th January 2011, 22:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
The question is what were these police doing until now?
Hey, this is how the movies are made, right ? The cops come after all the hard work is done by the hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Corruption is so deep rooted and present at all levels, that you don't know who to catch and with whom to start with. I say, start with the police first, for not catching the criminals even when they themselves have a full idea of what is going on behind the scenes. And this is not an only case, if you dig up the police files, there will hundreds of such other cases awaiting justice.
If you see the system, you will know that the cops are just tools for the politicians, they cannot do anything on their own, if they did, there are plenty of examples of their career, family etc going down the drain. Only a handful who have not given up have been in the news and we know them, believe me there are plenty of such good officers.
Old 29th January 2011, 22:45   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
well i said things are changing for the better because when i take a holistic view it's definitely become better for me.
Sorry to break your bubble, but you are a typical city yuppiee. Who doesn't look beyond his nose.

Have you tried to get fresh drinking water in 70% of the villages in India? Forget about the cars, malls, cell phones and all the other luxuries you mention. Hilarious really that you come up with such an argument.

People are struggling for basic requirements in life.

Now try equating one Scam and how that money could have helped thousands of villages live a better life.

This is not a personal comment on you but I found the view widespread amongst city dwellers and its really a selfish one.

You and a lot of us should be happy that we were born in "cities".

Air tickets?? Just for a comparison my budget ticket from Bangalore to Goa one way is equal to the six months of salary paid to a teenager who supplies our newspaper and then goes to a public school. And as per him that's a higher salary then normal that he is getting.

An optimistic, forward looking view is good but with horse blinds on?? Not really...

Last edited by Spitfire : 29th January 2011 at 22:51.
Old 29th January 2011, 23:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Have you tried to get fresh drinking water in 70% of the villages in India?
Forget drinking water in those yukkie disease infested godforsaken unimportant villages (who cares about those dirty people anyway). What about the famous cities with sprawling multi storeyed malls and colonies ? Yeah, we can afford to buy Kinley and aquafina, we are paid well anyway. In fact we can even buy beer kegs instead of water canisters. That's my India, what about yours ?
Old 30th January 2011, 05:05   #37
BHPian

It is quite sad to see such a ghastly incident and even then nothing is being done about it. Our corrupt government arrest 170 people, shout to the Media "We will get to the bottom of this and punish the culripts"(yeah right!).

On top of that our next PM in line says "Don't complain but change the system". Someone tell him that why doesn't he actually lead by example? Sleeping and eating at a poor man's house will solve nothing. Getting the black money back into the country will, punishing the corrupt officials involved in the CWG, Adarsh, Telecom, Agriculture scam might change something. Nothing will happen in this fuel adultration case as well. This man tried to change the system and what happened? He got burnt alive. In a few days this case will die down and they might just jail someone random for 4-5 years.
Old 30th January 2011, 19:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliper View Post
We need a movement like in Egypt and Tunisia.
Wake up, India!
You stole those words right out of my mouth.
Tyrants and puppet governments must be
removed for humanity to prevail. People are realising now.
There too it took death of a few citizens to shake
foundations of 30 year old west puppet government
dictating with a face of a local.
People who stood up for truth and honesty were
gunned down. I salute you Mr. Sonawane and Manjuanth and Dubey.
You are Martyrs.
Things cannot change w/o an uprising.
Old 30th January 2011, 20:16   #39
BHPian

@Spitfire. i am no city yuppie my friend. Have seen my share of villages. Sure there are lot of places that need to get better in india. Not just india but all over the world. When i was in chicago i went to a black suburb and believe me it was a bit like dharavi which i have seen in pics. never been to bombay/mumbai :(. Things need to get better in villages as well as cities.

I just said that things are getting better.Blaming the govt and calling for an upraising might sound like a solution for people who don't understand the system or this country. it might sound like a solution for those who live outside this country too . The fact is things won't change overnight and definitely not thru an upraising. You need sustained interest of people in policy making for a definite change. This change will happen over decades. Till that time we have to make sure that we go in the right direction.

Scams happens because of lack of education and connectivity of the citizens. I agree with a lot of you that scams definitely hurt us and the money which was siphoned off could have been put to better use. But how will things change? Only if all of us and i believe the bhpians are more enlightened than ordinary everyday indian citizen really become interested in policy making at the national/state/local level and starts making our voice heard.

I am not putting blinds on and i am genuinely concerned. but just don't think spreading more negativity all around will help in any way.

By the way, all of you should come to some of the villages in kerala. I believe that kerala has a much better standard of living than rest of india for majority of it's citizens. Why is this? This is because of education. If you are concerned about the way india is going maybe you should start contributing in cash and kind to some of various educational initiatives which run in this vast country of ours.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 30th January 2011 at 20:22.
Old 30th January 2011, 21:08   #40
BHPian

Mobile phones changed the way we live.
Guns will do the same. But every one should have one and sold like the phones.

A few years will be like the wild wild west. After a decade, things start to get better.
Slowly and steadily, everyone respects the other.
With a gun in hand, the other is as powerful as you are. No one messes with the other. Not even politicians nor their goons.
This will make the common man strong.

Amen.
There will always be the 2nd side to this coin. That's for later.

If the common man had shot the first guy who sold adulterated fuel, the mafia wouldn't have existed and so this thread.

These are my personal views and are not meant to hurt any one or spread hatred. Please delete if found in appropriate.

Regards,
Krishna.

Last edited by kittigadu : 30th January 2011 at 21:10. Reason: Typo fixed
Old 30th January 2011, 23:22   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
By the way, all of you should come to some of the villages in kerala. I believe that kerala has a much better standard of living than rest of india for majority of it's citizens. Why is this? This is because of education. If you are concerned about the way india is going maybe you should start contributing in cash and kind to some of various educational initiatives which run in this vast country of ours.
OT but I don't believe the most common reason given is the real reason.

I think its the abundance of water for one thing.

The other reason is the social system of this geography was not "raped" for centuries unlike large swathes of India where, under a deliberate policy by the conquerors, the people of the land were systematically impoverished to weaken their resistance to the ruling class.

HTH
Old 31st January 2011, 02:21   #42
BHPian

Every year hundreads of Army, CRPF and other para military personnel fall prey to both domestic and foreign enemy bullets and mines. Their sacrifices are not recorded and shown on popular television.

And what happens to the martyr's family afterwards? What about those who become handicapped fighting for the country? Does the government take care of them or the family's they leave behind?

No, never; the governments duty finish by awarding a medel or two but do nothing in real term to help those familys.

One high ranking city official's death is shown on tv and so much noise. But poor jawans from villages are dyeing in the name of the nation every day and that's none of the educated classes concern.

To put it simply, the position India is today, one could brand it a thankless Nation to its citizens when it comes to a countryman sacrificing his life for the formers good.

I respect those who have the heart to work and die for the country, but in reality their sacrifice changes nothing only precious lives are wasted & family's suffer.

No one knows the pain of such a loss other than those left behind helpless to battle for survival alone.

Last edited by San Phrangmung : 31st January 2011 at 03:05.
Old 31st January 2011, 03:16   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Phrangmung View Post
The fellow must have been warned many times, but he wanted to be a hero and got what he wanted. One has to be practical in todays world, Ram raj kab ka khatam hua, its kaliyug now and one has to adjust accordingly.

WOW! I never expected to see this here! I would never want my dad, uncle friend or son or even someone I can never tolerate for a min to go through something like that all for being straight. And it would hurt us more to hear such comments about warnings and heroic acts. I truly wonder if someone that can make such a comment can love anything. Very Disturbed seeing such a comment out here. Even your car would hate you for making such a comment dear member. Whats with the Kaliyug crap?
Old 31st January 2011, 03:24   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
WOW! I never expected to see this here! I would never want my dad, uncle friend or son or even someone I can never tolerate for a min to go through something like that all for being straight. And it would hurt us more to hear such comments about warnings and heroic acts. I truly wonder if someone that can make such a comment can love anything. Very Disturbed seeing such a comment out here. Even your car would hate you for making such a comment dear member. Whats with the Kaliyug crap?
Just read the post above yours and maybe you would understand the thoughts behind the comment you disliked.

Being honest does not really count these days. A dead person can't feed a family. So its better to be little off the 'so called' righteous path, survive and take care of ones family if the need be.

Its no crap to me but harsh reality.

Life is not black or white its of diffrent shades, and no one is a Saint.

Last edited by San Phrangmung : 31st January 2011 at 03:31.
Old 31st January 2011, 11:11   #45
Senior - BHPian

In today’s news papers says there are some acquisitions that the late commissioner demanded bribes dont know what is truth read on The Pioneer :: Home : >> Accused in Sonawane murder case allege he demanded bribe

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks