Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2007, 21:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Good deed. I think that's the right attitude. I know things will not change immediately. But if everyone resorted to such behaviour, I am sure, may be 1 out of 100 may change themselves. Getting angry and shouting never really makes people change.
Old 18th April 2007, 21:06   #17
BHPian

Its the reduce BP that helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Sreeni, this would definitely help with improving mileage as well as lower chances of high blood pressure.
I already started seeing those improved numbers. More than FE and other things I get to office in a better mood and less chances of higher blood pressure, you know it can really shootup in Hyd traffic.
Old 18th April 2007, 21:52   #18
BHPian

I had used the road for almost 2 years. I know exactly what you are talking about. What you did was commendable!!

I am sure that this would run in the back of their mind ..and hopefully they turn out to be better drivers.

Keeping a cool head while driving is the key!!
Well done Abhi!!
Old 20th April 2007, 11:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Some times in peak traffic, bikers surround your car as if they belong to a bikers gang or something... And the bikes will be pointing at all angles except along the direction of the traffic/road.
Old 20th April 2007, 12:08   #20
BHPian

Yesterday night I was going to Gurgaon on NH8 and in the rightmost lane I saw a Wagon R driving at 40kmph. I slowed down , came to their left, moved along with them for a while and saw 2 very young guys in the car. i opened my window and advised them that rightmost lane is not for practising driving on a highway!!! they said sorry and increased speed.
Old 26th April 2007, 10:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

its really difficult to be able to keep your cool at that point. Another thing that really ticks me is that the people who need to turn right come and stop in the wrong lane. its like people dont have lane sense!
Old 26th April 2007, 10:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
So I walk up to them, and very politely tell them this:
Nice one Abhi.

In bangalore I can not even do that , there are more and more illiterate, arrogant yet ignorant people to whom I can only take my anger talking to myself loudly with all windows rolled up. You never know they all get ganged up ( Taxis/ bikers / pedestrians ) and everything get reversed and we may be in trouble at the end.
Old 26th April 2007, 10:55   #23
Team-BHP Support

I agree with what chanapli has added here.
Was standing in the balcony of my apartment last evening and i saw a Indicab which had rear-ended a private Indica, the owner who very much looked like an IT guy. In no time, the cabbie had his set of people there, and when i looked again after some time, the cab had vanished, and the Indica guy was fiddling around with his car. I may be wrong in my interpretation of what may have happened, but nevertheless, this ganging up of cabbies is really dangerious.
Old 26th April 2007, 11:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

@benbsb29 issue of ganging up happens everywhere...i think people get into trouble too often in cities like bangalore...cause of the congested roads and to add on uneducated road users....so many times i have found cyclist in the middle of the road or at the exteme right...pedistreans using road.... walking as if they are taking a stroll in a park.........dogs.. cows.....its a total mess...
my simple solution is to take my bike instead of car... saves lots of time ...fuel.. space + little affect on my BP in compatrison to my car hehehe
Old 26th April 2007, 11:37   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
my simple solution is to take my bike instead of car... saves lots of time ...fuel.. space + little affect on my BP in compatrison to my car hehehe
Very true. But preference goes to family word as safety is not assured with two wheels in Bangalore.
Old 26th April 2007, 11:39   #26
Team-BHP Support

@Lohith : Seen the same many a time. I also prefer to take the bike when i am going alone, or else i feel there would be a shortage of parking space.

Happened to see a couple cross the road yesterday. Instead of taking the shortest route across the road, they were trying to cover greater distance crossing the road. Hopw you get what i mean. Screeching of tyres later, the couple was across the road without so much as even the slightest remorse, while someone had just shed a few inches off his rubber. Had i been the driver here, it would have sparked some amount of road rage and anger in me for sure, and a few blessings from my mouth directed at the couple.
Old 26th April 2007, 13:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

Maybe this gadget might help in controlling road rage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks