Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2008, 21:26   #16
BHPian

I saw a road in map connecting Hosur road to Devanahalli. Can some one who have experienced it through some light on it.

I was wondering if I have to drive to Hyd from southern side of city, take that route to by pass the new airport.
Old 22nd June 2008, 22:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
. The roads you have mentioned are already part of city ! In fact city roads are less dense than the ring roads.
BTW, is NICE road in Bangalore also part of peripheral ring roads?
Yes, it has become already the integral part of the city. The city has grown leaps and bounds in last 5 years. Unfortnately, the then govt could not forsee this. But Govt has planned to construct a peripheral ring road now. It will be completed in by 2011 (AFAIK).

No, NICE roads are not a part of the ring roads. It connects to the present rings roads at some points.
Old 22nd June 2008, 22:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Only problem with Outer ring road is that they will become Inner ring roads in a few years time.. such is the plan (if any) for the growth of our cities. They don't plan for 20 years down the line..

Hyderabad already has a so called ring road.. But don't know its current state.
I was discussing the same yesterday. Now the outer ring road in bangalore is jammed during peak hours. I used to jog in Inner Ring Road five years back, now it is in a very bad state.
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
I saw a road in map connecting Hosur road to Devanahalli. Can some one who have experienced it through some light on it.

I was wondering if I have to drive to Hyd from southern side of city, take that route to by pass the new airport.
did some search yesterday after posting previous query.
I was referring to NH 207, connecting to Chikkaballapur.
But bottle necks which I expect are Hoskote.
Looks like the ITPL road connects directly to NH 207.

I will research about it, and post my findings, but if some one has already explored that route, can through some knowledge.

Last edited by sriturl : 23rd June 2008 at 10:25.
Old 30th June 2008, 13:41   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
did some search yesterday after posting previous query.
I was referring to NH 207, connecting to Chikkaballapur.
But bottle necks which I expect are Hoskote.
Looks like the ITPL road connects directly to NH 207.

I will research about it, and post my findings, but if some one has already explored that route, can through some knowledge.
From Hosur to Hoskote, i know of two possible routes
1. Through Sarjapur Road/Whitefield
2. through Malur.

From Hoskote, there is a road through Chintamani / Nandagudi which should bypass BIAL and join NH7 a bit before the Nandi hills turn-off. Driven through this road close to 2 years back. Hence do not know current road conditions. If i remember correctly, this road joins NH7 near a Jain-style temple that can be spotted from the NH7 some distance before the Nandi hills turn-off. And yes, hoskote would be a bottleneck.
Old 23rd December 2014, 12:25   #21
BHPian

Re: Outer Ring Roads

Reviving an old thread as I am in need of some urgent help.

I stay in BHEL and need to go to Nalgonda. So, if I take the ORR in Gachibowli, Hyderabad, how many toll gates will I cross? What is the toll fee at every entry?
Old 23rd December 2014, 21:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Reviving an old thread as I am in need of some urgent help.

I stay in BHEL and need to go to Nalgonda. So, if I take the ORR in Gachibowli, Hyderabad, how many toll gates will I cross? What is the toll fee at every entry?
Assuming you take the ORR and then get onto to the Vijaywada highway, you'll pay Rs 60 for the ORR.

On the BZA highway, you'll need to turn right at Narketpalli towards Nalgonda. You'll need to pay toll at the spot that is around 24 kms after getting off the ORR to the BZA highway. I'm not sure of the rate though, as I'd taken a consolidated return toll ticket for 3 tolls at a stretch.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 11:25   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Assuming you take the ORR and then get onto to the Vijaywada highway, you'll pay Rs 60 for the ORR.

On the BZA highway, you'll need to turn right at Narketpalli towards Nalgonda. You'll need to pay toll at the spot that is around 24 kms after getting off the ORR to the BZA highway. I'm not sure of the rate though, as I'd taken a consolidated return toll ticket for 3 tolls at a stretch.
Thank you for the valuable information. Travelled for the first time on ORR. What a road it was. Though very tempting, I kept my speeds below 100 kmph. It took me just 40 mins from the entrance of ORR near the Film City to the exit at Gachibowli. This has saved me from the traffic nightmare I would have encountered if I had entered the city at L. B. Nagar. I would have paid even 100 bucks at the toll to escape the traffic.
JoseVijay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 09:08   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Intentional pick of thread for posting.

There is a small (about 2 km) stretch of a 10-lane road (3+3+2+2) immediately after Vishwaneedam on Magadi Road. I dont see extensions to it's north or to it's south, though on the south it could connect the other 80 ft wide road (those familiar with this area can relate to it).

Note: all traffic (both ways) is on this 3 lane section

Outer Ring Roads-fullsizerender-1.jpg

Does any one have Specific info on this road ? I have a few theories myself, but looking for correct information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks