Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2007, 21:46   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
bad analogy. hey have headlights, and tails. they have proper 4 wheels (not three) and they don't wobble. mostly cows follow lane. they are very difficult turn in under a fraction of a second. and they don't have to take a wrong direction just to fill up at a bunk. if you shout at them they will defenitely understand that you are shouting.
preparing for GRE huh mate? anyway you get the picture.....
Old 18th October 2007, 22:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC
what was the look on the guy's face ?

A smirk - like why the hell are these people shouting - are they crazy?

He had a on his face.
When this happens,
Step1: Stop the car,right there.
Step 2: Get out
Step 3: Remember Rocky Balboa.
Step 4: Punch the smirk out of his face with balboa's grace.
Old 18th October 2007, 23:12   #33
BHPian

My 2 cents, 1 each

1. Some Brits have projects this under powered indian made Auto a fancy thing. To the good luck of Britain, such Brits are in minuscule minority.

2. Save your anger for Tata 1 Lakh car to come. I can't imagine how the scene will look like when this 1 lakh car will add to current bunch of underpowered vehicles. These underpowered vehicle includes various species of 3 wheeler manufactured by Bajaj, Tempo-Firodiya, Mahindra. As if this was not enough, Tata have carved out a successful (for them) segment of underpowered 4 wheeler named Ace. Many other manufacture like Mahindra and of course Tempo-Firodiya are working on similar 4 wheeler plans.

I really sometime think that there should be law which prescribes that for a vehicle to be considered road worthy, it must be able to do 0-60 in X second under 120% loaded condition. But then I realize that this is India and this can happen... may be in next century!

Last edited by nispatel : 18th October 2007 at 23:13.
Old 18th October 2007, 23:58   #34
BHPian

This kind of incident happened once with my sister who was driving my Santro.

Said a lady driven santro suddenly stopped in the Fast lane, behind was an esteem, "BAM", behind the esteem was my santro, "BAM", and behind her was a DTC bus. NO BAM, saved by an inch, after that there were more "BAMS" but she didnt know from which cars.

When she came home, i saw a santro which had turned into a Wagon R. Yeah really when smashed from the front a santro looks like a Wagon R.

Reason for all this was an Aunty in the first santro had a COLD and she stopped cos' she was about to sneeze. DAMN

Last edited by kjdesigns_2000 : 19th October 2007 at 00:18.
Old 19th October 2007, 02:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

Is it legal to have a bumper Sticker that says "Autowallahs are retards - smack one when you see one"

We all have our stories about these IDIOTS. well here is mine.

When I had the Esteem, I used to guide them to the side if they go at 20kmph in the middle of the road searching for a passenger.

So one of these days I was with my wife, sis and bro-in-law and I "guided" an auto to the side of the road.. a km down the road I stop at the junction and I feel a little bump of being rear ended. I tell my cousin that its that auto guy, I switch off the engine and get out of the car. No questions asked I yank him out of his 3 wheeled Tin can and hold one arm of his to keep him in place.

Am tempted to sock him but I see other auto guys walking up. Common sense prevails and I dont raise an arm, just hold on to him and rant in whatever kannada I know. He gets cocky and I twist his arm. My bro in law is keeping the 2 other auto guys at bay telling them its not their #### problem. Cop shows up and I show him what happened.

He shouts at the auto guy and asks me to leave him. I release him with a little push and he stands there shocked. I ramble on and get back in the car and drive off.

Back in car satisfied............................
Old 19th October 2007, 02:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

Jesus, you guys are disgusting. There are enough educated idiots who drive like it's their pop's road, but you have to talk about shooting auto drivers. Give them a break. Try driving something like that for a living in a smog everyday, and see how it feels. I know they're bad, but we're supposed to be educated and civilised.

Lucky you got out of that without another scratch, n_c. Drive safe.
Old 19th October 2007, 10:40   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Try driving something like that for a living in a smog everyday, and see how it feels. I know they're bad, but we're supposed to be educated and civilised.
Taking their side eh, Akshay?
Old 19th October 2007, 11:35   #38
BANNED

I agree man. Thats expected of an auto driver. I am not surprised. In fact I would blame the Indica driver for
  1. Not anticipating the auto driver's normal move
  2. Braking so hard that would have caused a mayhem behind.
I would have blamed other drivers for not maintaining safe distance from the vehicle in front, but since everyone stopped safely, they must have been maintaining safe distance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Jesus, you guys are disgusting. There are enough educated idiots who drive like it's their pop's road, but you have to talk about shooting auto drivers. Give them a break. Try driving something like that for a living in a smog everyday, and see how it feels. I know they're bad, but we're supposed to be educated and civilised.

Last edited by diabloo : 19th October 2007 at 11:42.
Old 19th October 2007, 12:12   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Is it legal to have a bumper Sticker that says "Autowallahs are retards - smack one when you see one"
Ironwolf, legality comes later; that is not a politically or socially valid stand.
My personal view is that the fault lies with the Indica, for failing to drive defensively. Luckily, everything turned out fine.
Old 19th October 2007, 12:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Ironwolf, legality comes later; that is not a politically or socially valid stand.
My personal view is that the fault lies with the Indica, for failing to drive defensively. Luckily, everything turned out fine.
Agree with the first statement. Calling autodrivers "retards" is an insult to the mentally handicapped. Actually, calling anyone a "retard" is not politically/socially correct.

I dont agree with the second statement though. Can't really blame the Indica driver if the auto driver changed lanes abrubptly, without giving ample indication (via hand signal or indicators *hahahaaa...* ) about his intentions.

Amitoj
Old 19th October 2007, 12:22   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I disagree. This is exactly what the Cops would turn around and say if the Indica had indeed hit the rick. But analyse the situation and then tell me that the fault really lies with the Indica?

From NC's report, the Indica was traveling at a reasonable speed in a straight line in his lane. A third party decides to cut across lanes without signaling or checking for oncoming traffic. How on earth can you blame the Indica driver for this?!?

Maybe we have all become far to accustomed to these guys taking over our roads and doing whatever the hell they like. But that does not make it right.
Old 19th October 2007, 12:27   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Maybe we have all become far to accustomed to these guys taking over our roads and doing whatever the hell they like. But that does not make it right.
Very valid point there, Robeen.
I wouldnt blame the indica driver for someone else's fault.
Old 19th October 2007, 12:41   #43
BANNED

Why get into trouble with auto union? Let the auto have its way. I am sure the same auto driver will try the same stunt again at the same place. There are better ways on educating the auto drivers than making your vehicle the cannon fodder for that purpose.
Quote:
I disagree. This is exactly what the Cops would turn around and say if the Indica had indeed hit the rick. But analyse the situation and then tell me that the fault really lies with the Indica?
May be not in a country where there is traffic discipline. In our chaotic traffic, it is expected of the Indica driver to anticipate the situation & slowdown.
Quote:
From NC's report, the Indica was traveling at a reasonable speed in a straight line in his lane. A third party decides to cut across lanes without signaling or checking for oncoming traffic. How on earth can you blame the Indica driver for this?!?
Theoretically auto driver is wrong anywhere on this world. But practically speaking, in our country Indica should have avoided this situation.
Quote:
Anyway what purpose does it serve blaming the auto?
1. I doubt he would have an insurance
2. He won't mend his ways
3. Nobody will tell him he is wrong
4. Most likely his auto will be a rented one. Why would he care?

It is people such as Indica drivers who should adjust & get along, without causing trouble in the traffic.
Old 19th October 2007, 12:45   #44
Team-BHP Support

diabloo, I am not saying that the Indica guy should get out and whack the auto guy. All I'm saying is that it is incorrect to say that the Indica driver is at fault! The fact that he did not hit the rick indicated that he did drive defensively and avoided a situation.

But to say that he was at fault goes against everything!
Old 19th October 2007, 12:57   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Because of what NC said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Meanwhile an Indica which is in the lane left to me gets into the fast lane and accelerates. I accelerate too and hit 70 kmph.
The accelerating should not have been done by the Indica, considering the signal had JUST turned green. He sent out a wrong signal to everyone behind him.
Anyway, that's MHO. If you have to come to a screeching halt, that is 'bad' driving according to me.

Last edited by anupmathur : 19th October 2007 at 12:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks