Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2009, 18:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

Okay went to the Andheri East guy, who did an excellent job at a very reasonable price. Cost me Rs 460 for checking fork condition, changing fork oil, changing the speedo column, giving the fork, wheel and tyre for truing.

Couple of bad news though:

- I hadn't carried the mudguard with me, so now when I tried fixing it on it didn't fit. Will have to give for some more 'truing' so that I can shift the tyre a bit more to the side to clear the mudguard.

- The handlebar is SLIGHTLY bent, will get that sorted out soon easily.

- Mechanic says the clutch plates may have gone, because of which the bike doesn't have pick up and top speed. I noticed that the gears easily change without using the clutch. Is that a symptom?!
Old 11th April 2009, 19:01   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Cost me Rs 460 for checking fork condition, changing fork oil, changing the speedo column, giving the fork, wheel and tyre for truing.
- Mechanic says the clutch plates may have gone, because of which the bike doesn't have pick up and top speed. I noticed that the gears easily change without using the clutch. Is that a symptom?!
So your bike's back on the road without a front mudguard! Hope it doesn't rain in the next day or two... You might have bent the mudguard slightly, rather than the wheel needing any further trueing.

Does the clutch slip when hot, when you try to kick-start? Do I remember correctly in that the kick mechanism in the Bullet works through the clutch? Are today's Bullets a lot different from those of 20 years ago? A clutch plate change is always nice - especially since it is (was?!) cheap...

I'd always found the old Bullet's gears changed at a flick of the toe when on the move, without using the clutch at all. Not the best way to ride, purists say, but...

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 11th April 2009 at 19:03.
Old 11th April 2009, 21:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

Keeping the clutch plates and mudguard work on hold. But surely will get them done before the rains come lest I want to be showered from rains AND muck.

You guys have been of great help, specially in the technical details. Thanks again and in advance for future help.

About clutch slipping, earlier I used to rest my toe on the gear lever, and it was quite stiff and never fell into another gear. This time, however, if I put even a slight pressure it'd drop. Don't know if that relates to clutch slipping. Neither do I know about the kicking details in relation to clutch slipping.
Old 12th April 2009, 01:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

Spoke to the mechanic. He says that there was nothing wrong in the fork and rim. Settings of some spokes were changes, which were then 'trued' and another thing was the tyre had gone further into the rim on the side where the car hit.

Fortunately, there wasn't anything serious and no damage whatsoever has been done to the bike except for the tank dent. That also has been taken care of.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks