Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2010, 20:27   #1
BHPian

This is called Arrogance ...

I would call this arrogance. Do I support the officer because he is making his stand clear.. Or Do I Support the lady for abusing the officer who would have taken a raid on normal people like us.

I'm sure if this was a common man, then what would have happened

Drunken youngsters crash car, argue with cops - Videos - India - IBNLive
Old 1st August 2010, 22:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well - this happens all over the world. But happens all-too-often in India.

The rich spoilt brats do flex their muscle/money to come out of situations where common man shall be in a big soup.

Cops also know very well that when kids of college-going-age drives a passat/jetta, he/she must have rich dad / influential dad.

I support no one. Maximum of these kids do not know the value of money / responsibility , and the cops are corrupt to the big T.

All of these are a result of the corruption as a whole, as a system that India is suffering. There's no getting away from it.

As for tbhpians - drive safe, keep your papers in order, and have a doctor and an attorney in your friend circle.
Old 1st August 2010, 23:08   #3
Joy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
As for tbhpians - drive safe, keep your papers in order, and have a doctor and an attorney in your friend circle.
+1 to that. In India, you have to have a nerve of steel,perseverance and some media luck even to stand a chance if you mess around these rich and powerful people.

God knows when people will be treated equally irrespective of social status. Till then, look above.
Old 1st August 2010, 23:32   #4
Team-BHP Support

Irony is that the title of the video clearly says "Drunken youngster crashes car..."

And in the video the news anchor lady says not once, but twice, that the police didn't even take a sobriety test - so they have no idea if the driver was drunk or not!

The media aren't exactly angels either.

cya
R
Old 2nd August 2010, 00:20   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Irony is that the title of the video clearly says "Drunken youngster crashes car..."

cya
R
Media people wants to make news. Just edit and broadcast selective statements.

I am not supporting anybody here. Just trying to explore other side of coin.

However it could be case that VW crashed in dumper standing in middle of road with no tail light/ stop signals, driver could not escape it as he sees it last moment. Anybody would loose temper is something like this happens to premium VW vehicle and dumper driver/owner doesnt accept his negligence.

Also no where its clear if driver was drunk.
Old 2nd August 2010, 01:38   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

The video doesn't work for me. no matter...
Quote:
However it could be case that VW crashed in dumper standing in middle of road with no tail light/ stop signals, driver could not escape it as he sees it last moment
If someone drives into a stationery object wherever it is it is their fault*. If they didn't see it, they were driving too fast or not looking in the right direction.

*unless it just fell out of the sky.
Old 2nd August 2010, 01:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Sometime back in Doon a MLA(or his followers) had parked his car in the middle of the road causing a jam. Most of the cops there are youngsters having recently joined the forces and are still idealistic and very polite. They asked the guys driver to move the car and as usual he started with you know who the car belongs to and what not. Soon the MLA (or his followers) came over and started getting physical with the cops saying they will get them thrown out and all that, this time the cops retaliated while defending themselves and thrashed these gangsters. Result, the guys got themselves admitted in the hospital blaming police brutality and the police men who were defending themselves got jailed and suspended.

Given such circumstances, its so tough for our protectors to protect themselves forget the public.
Old 2nd August 2010, 03:15   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Police negligence like these do happen. Its our system which is too corrupt, that no one bothers to enter tru the front door. Actually my own car which was parked at a safe spot, with parking lights and hazard warning lights got hit by a 'drunken tempo'. And guess what, the police didn't even bother to alcohol test him, and the best part is that the next day when I went to the police station for a compromise, the driver was changed!!!... .. It was then I came to know that the original driver didn't even have a valid license.

However, by influence I got a decent compensation, but then that's another long story.
Old 2nd August 2010, 06:52   #9
BHPian

Quote:

And in the video the news anchor lady says not once, but twice, that the police didn't even take a sobriety test - so they have no idea if the driver was drunk or not!

cya
R
Do you really need a sobriety test to make out if one is drunk or not? Give the devil its due..the video as seen on TV clearly shows one of the women could not walk properly without support.
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:11   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Now, I don't know the exact details of this incident but before corruption I believe it comes down to the family. I am sure there are families a 100 times wealthier than this but their kids would dare not do something like this. For the simple fact, their families respect the law.

If their father saves them this time, they'll do it again, I can assure you that, might not be on TV next time, but they WILL do it. Just coz, they know, whatever they do, their dad would save them! This is where corruption comes in.

Just think, if the father lets the law take its course, these kids would not even dream of driving under the influence ever again.

Just my thoughts!
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:00   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Do you really need a sobriety test to make out if one is drunk or not? Give the devil its due..the video as seen on TV clearly shows one of the women could not walk properly without support.
Believe me i'm dead against DUI -- but i'm also against jumping to conclusions.

As mentioned earlier, the media just wants a story.

I've seen enough videos of the media cameramen also baiting and irritating the subjects just to get a "newsworthy" reaction.

Sure, a girl in high-heels couldn't walk immediately after an accident -- regardless of whether she was intoxicated or not, but that really says nothing about the state of the driver does it?

Once again - i'm not standing up for this behavior in any way, but as i can see it - its just a half baked story, so i'm not gonna go out of my way to condemn anyone just yet

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd August 2010 at 13:01.
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:09   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The video doesn't work for me. no matter...If someone drives into a stationery object wherever it is it is their fault*. If they didn't see it, they were driving too fast or not looking in the right direction.

*unless it just fell out of the sky.
I think you haven't really driven much at night.
I have been in situations where I am going at a sane speed(80kmph on a divided highway), and been suddenly blinded by oncoming traffic.
At that point your visiblity drops to zero. In cities, at night I see so many cars running high powered lights at full beam, and at that point even if you are doing a slow speed, you will be blinded.
On such stretches, a dumper parked without any tail lights is a traffic hazard, and its the duty of the traffic police to enforce that such "unfit vehicles" are kept off the roads
Quote:
Believe me i'm dead against DUI -- but i'm also against jumping to conclusions.

As mentioned earlier, the media just wants a story.

I've seen enough videos of the media cameramen also baiting and irritating the subjects just to get a "newsworthy" reaction.

Sure, a girl in high-heels couldn't walk immediately after an accident -- regardless of whether she was intoxicated or not, but that really says nothing about the state of the driver does it?

Once again - i'm not standing up for this behavior in any way, but as i can see it - its just a half baked story, so i'm not gonna go out of my way to condemn anyone just yet

cya
R
Fully agree, how did the "so called drunken" state of the girl a proof that the driver is also drunk.
Part of it has to do with an expensive car. When such accidents happen, the media always tries to create a big hoo haa.
For example, lakhs die on Indian roads every year. How many news reports and headlines do you see. Only ones killed by an expensive/luxury car make front page news.
Have you seen any truck/bus/commercial vehicle being stopped at these nakas to for breath analyzer testing?
So unless its proved that the driver was drunk, the media is just going on a witchhunt here.
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

All said and done, according to other news channels and the print media today, the truck was parked on the left and stationery. I am not taking up for the truck driver for not having switched on the parking lights.

Just to mention a fact, the place where this mishap took place - Andrews Ganj, is a highly lit area. This Passat, sporting a temp number plate was coming in at great speed - 120+ Kmph and lost control and rammed into this truck.

The behaviour of the car occupants was altogether boorish and offensive. And it did not help cool the matters when the girl gestured & said - "do kaudi ke aadmi".

The police should've asked for the car driver's licence. I'm sure he wouldn't have had one. Most young brats don't have one, because to appear for test is below their dignity. And you can bet your last penny that they would've procured their licences, if at all, from small towns or villages where the writ of money & influence runs.
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:36   #14
BHPian

This was extremely arrogant and uncalled for behaviour.

As Darwin said, its simply the survival of the fittest (powerful).

In India (esp in Delhi) people tend to go overboard and everyone thinks he/she is a goddamn VIP.

one a side note lol@ them displaying his Fitness First Membership card as a form of ID.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:40   #15
MX6
Senior - BHPian

The girl has got her 15 mins of fame. Bad-mouthing in national tv. That's there is to this.
And the guys have shown in national tv that police is just chamcha.
Media is happy. How long will they show sania - malik wedding and related such rubbish?

Anyway, the left indicator of the truck seems to be turned on. Not sure how they missed a flashing light.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks